Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unpopular Opinion: They really should have add Looking for Dungeon to classic.

Now all you have is people spamming Looking to sell dungeon runs. When they first announced classic I really was hoping it would be some kind of hybrid with all the quality of life changes we have currently combined with the old game play mechanics of Vanilla/TBC.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Now all you have is people spamming Looking to sell dungeon runs. When they first announced classic I really was hoping it would be some kind of hybrid with all the quality of life changes we have currently combined with the old game play mechanics of Vanilla/TBC.
    Nah, it's a bad idea to make the game faster. People would realize the core gameplay loop has always been dull if they had to play it more instead of spending 80% of their time getting there.

No thank you. I like going on adventures, arcade style LFG dungeons is not that

Your adventure is sitting on a chair and spam lfg in a chat.

That's unpopular alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really shouldn't.
    Definition of irony:

LFG as it was in Wrath - whenever, no I don't even think the majority would want that, let alone how many would be against the idea on principle.

A better group finder which still made you do all the other legwork (as in - how I remember the tool being in WoD while I was playing it) - can't see the problem; people can put in their note "boosting group 5g per" or w/e - it's just a more sophisticated version of the LFG global channel, so instead of relying on seeing the LFG messages amidst all the spam it can be sorted and your own LFG messages won't be pushed off the screen by the spam either. You'd still have to whisper the people involved, do invites manually, work your way to the dungeon entrance etc.

So yeah, the arcade style "queue up as DPS hit accept and get ported to the instance and returned to wherever you left when the run finishes" is a no-no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I wouldnt mind a LFG system were you could sign up for dungeons. Lets say I want to do WC and SFK, then I just sign me up on a list that shows level+class. People could go in this list and check who wants to go, form group and travel to the dungeon.

Or - travel to the dungeon Meeting stone, click it, a list appears of people wanting to run it. /w people from there and form grp.

Now all you have is people spamming Looking to sell dungeon runs.
    Typical hyperbole in 'i want X QoL' thread.
    Stop using 'everyone', 'all of you', '100% of people' etc.

When they first announced classic I really was hoping it would be some kind of hybrid with all the quality of life changes we have currently combined with the old game play mechanics of Vanilla/TBC.
    No, it is not needed.
    It is realy easy to find a group for all the content... even for leveling ones.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I wouldnt mind a LFG system were you could sign up for dungeons. Lets say I want to do WC and SFK, then I just sign me up on a list that shows level+class. People could go in this list and check who wants to go, form group and travel to the dungeon.

Or - travel to the dungeon Meeting stone, click it, a list appears of people wanting to run it. /w people from there and form grp.
    Not much people remember that that kind of system was in original TBC... but for some reason it is still not up in pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Typical hyperbole in 'i want X QoL' thread.
    Stop using 'everyone', 'all of you', '100% of people' etc.

No, it is not needed.
    It is realy easy to find a group for all the content... even for leveling ones.

Not much people remember that that kind of system was in original TBC... but for some reason it is still not up in pre-patch.
    Yes I know it was in BC. They probably havent added it cause people would go mental.

Personally, I can live fine with how it is now. Im not THAT bothered about running dungeons anyway. If I find a group, cool. If not, its ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    LFG as it was in Wrath - whenever, no I don't even think the majority would want that, let alone how many would be against the idea on principle.
    the one thing i wish to really remove from wrath is LFG tool, I'd do anything to remove it but keep everything else
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the one thing i wish to really remove from wrath is LFG tool, I'd do anything to remove it but keep everything else
    My biggest gripe was the fact that doing it without a tabard on gave Explorers League rep and I'd already farmed to halfway through Revered by doing that only daily in Howling Fjord every day, just in case it gave something cool one day, suddenly do a bunch of heroics and you're exalted xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Classic forever does need a lfg with a random que tbqh, cause, as it stands, the game is mostly dead for a long time as TBC will be the focus for most. Idk if itll ever revive, but any hope of it having activity outside of BGs is dead without quality of life additions.

I would like the group finder tool, because it's just tradechat spam with a proper interface.
    Maybe separate between normal heroic and boost, so that you can filter out stuff that you don't care about.

Finding groups between all the boost spam is really annoying and I think this would increase the amount of people actually playing the game a lot.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Group finder tool would be lovely, just consolidates the ridiculous LFG Chat channel spam, literally has no negative to it. you still need to form the party yourself, travel to the dungeon, summon your party, etc etc just saves having to keep your eyes glued to the chat and filtering through all the BS spam...

I’m in favor of the system in place for making keystone groups on retail.

But i do not want a random matchmaking thing

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Classic is dead, why are people still talking about it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Your adventure is sitting on a chair and spam lfg in a chat.
    Seriously this is what it has become.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Classic is dead, why are people still talking about it ?
    You’re literally on a classic forum. Wake up!
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Seriously this is what it has become.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re literally on a classic forum. Wake up!
    And that's why I'm asking, wake up.

Even the smallest changes have a huge impact on the game and looking for dungeon is way way too big. The paid mounts and boosts are already making TBC a completely different experience than 15 years ago.