Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Millions are dead, millions who would not have died if Covid
    Another superficial hysteric who has not yet understood that people are mortal. Today they call it covid, back then flu. If they had added up the dead senselessly back then, there would be the same numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Cuz the competition does it better and blizzard sucks at doing it.

That’s what he’s saying. That’s the “why.” Thought that was pretty obvious.
    How? You dont think Blizzard would fill the venue the next 10+ years? It doesnt matter if Final Fantasy "does it better". I find that game utter shite, so that fan fest will also be utter shite and useless to me. I will never install, play, watch a stream or whatever that contain Final Fantasy stuff.

Others think Blizzard and every Blizz game is utter shite, perfectly normal. They will also find Blizzcon utter shite and utterly useless. Does it matter for the people that actually DO like it? No. Not at all.

Blizzcon is a event for those that do enjoy the game(s), not for those who dislike them. Your subjective opinion, as mine, is useless in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    why not just have blizzconline in november? they mustve been aware that corona was still continueing
    Having an event in a venue or online is a big task. Probably easier online, but nevertheless. Its requires alot of work to set up.

If they dont really have anything to show us, theres not really a big reason to have it either. Its probably just better to be safe than sorry, just in case covid becomes a major issue.

Having a huge Blizzcon in a venue and running the risk of spreading covid, while not really have anything to show - it becomes moot.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Another superficial hysteric who has not yet understood that people are mortal. Today they call it covid, back then flu. If they had added up the dead senselessly back then, there would be the same numbers.
    Except the flu (i.e. influenza) and Covid-19 (i.e. coronavirus) are two very different things. Swine Flu killed 284,000 people from 700 million to 1.4 billion estimated infections. Covid-19 has killed just under 3.5 milion people in just under 167.5 million cases.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    How? You dont think Blizzard would fill the venue the next 10+ years? It doesnt matter if Final Fantasy "does it better". I find that game utter shite, so that fan fest will also be utter shite and useless to me. I will never install, play, watch a stream or whatever that contain Final Fantasy stuff.

Others think Blizzard and every Blizz game is utter shite, perfectly normal. They will also find Blizzcon utter shite and utterly useless. Does it matter for the people that actually DO like it? No. Not at all.

Blizzcon is a event for those that do enjoy the game(s), not for those who dislike them. Your subjective opinion, as mine, is useless in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Having an event in a venue or online is a big task. Probably easier online, but nevertheless. Its requires alot of work to set up.

If they dont really have anything to show us, theres not really a big reason to have it either. Its probably just better to be safe than sorry, just in case covid becomes a major issue.

Having a huge Blizzcon in a venue and running the risk of spreading covid, while not really have anything to show - it becomes moot.
    yea im aware, thats why they said they will have a digital event, and i just mean why not have the digital event in november this time instead of delaying it, beucase this time, unlike last blizzcon in feburary, they know corona is still an ongoing thing

yea im aware, thats why they said they will have a digital event, and i just mean why not have the digital event in november this time instead of delaying it, beucase this time, unlike last blizzcon in feburary, they know corona is still an ongoing thing
    Again - probably to buy themself time. Maybe its a higher chance that games can be presented sometime in feb-april 2022 than in nov 2021.

They should showcase wows next xpac, and that would make no sense to do in november 2021. By feb-april 2022, we should be in 9.2 and a xpac reveal is more logical.

all the lockdown schizos are out of now it seems.

"please keep everything locked down so I can still collect unemployment"

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    are two very different things
    No, they are not. They are influenza viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Swine Flu killed 284,000 people from 700 million to 1.4 billion estimated infections. Covid-19 has killed just under 3.5 milion people in just under 167.5 million cases.
    Another hysteric fiddling with misleading and/or incorrect numbers.
    The IFR for Sars-Cov-2 is 0.15% worldwide and far below that for younger and healthy people. Stop being hysterical about it! Come back to life! Stop being afraid!

No, they are not. They are influenza viruses.

Another hysteric fiddling with misleading and/or incorrect numbers.
    The IFR for Sars-Cov-2 is 0.15% worldwide and far below that for younger and healthy people. Stop being hysterical about it! Come back to life! Stop being afraid!
    No Covid-19 is not an influenza virus it's a coronavirus which are very different genetically. They are also very different in the mechanism that they use to get into the host cell as Covid-19 uses a spike protein which binds to a specific receptor (ACE2) whereas in Influenza viruses (of which there are many) the virus actually has 2 different surface proteins (haemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) it uses to get into the host cell. There are 17 different types of HA and 9 different types of NA and this is where the code you will see for flu viruses comes from. That is why swine flu was more accurately called H1N1 and bird flu was H5N1. They are both stilll influenza viruses but in that case the HA spike protein is a different configuration.

Source - I have a masters in bioscience (From quite a few years ago but we covered influenza quite extensively).

No, they are not. They are influenza viruses
    I don't know why you felt that you had to lie about something this easy to prove wrong....coronaviridae and orthomyxoviridae (influenza and some others) aren't even in the same phylum.....

Why lie about this??

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Imagine actually believing there's some global conspiracy to mislead the entire planet of the existence of a virus they can literally experience for themselves, and lose friends/family members to, for the purposes of... uh.. forcing them to wear facemasks, I guess. Fucking big brain time right here
    right? rich people make up pandemic to force us wear mask while giving up BILIONS in air travel and other shite...
    people like him should be in padded cell

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Again - probably to buy themself time. Maybe its a higher chance that games can be presented sometime in feb-april 2022 than in nov 2021.

They should showcase wows next xpac, and that would make no sense to do in november 2021. By feb-april 2022, we should be in 9.2 and a xpac reveal is more logical.
    under normal circumstances, it wouldve made abosolute sense in november 2021, beucase thats how theyve historically done it

but it seems as u said to buy themselves more time, they are behind.

under normal circumstances, it wouldve made abosolute sense in november 2021, beucase thats how theyve historically done it

but it seems as u said to buy themselves more time, they are behind.
    yeah the event being online is the key here. If they went for normal Blizzcon with a venue, they would have to hold it in november probably. Since they wont, its much easier to just delay it.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sad fruitbat

I'm from the UK and have never attended in person, but looked forward to my popcorn in front of the online version. Oh well, lets hope when it does come back they recapture some of the excitement of the live events. The Feb Blizzconline was disappointing, as much because it highlighted what was missing.

Blizzard: So, there's this pandemic still going on, where over half the countries population stlll hasn't, or has refused to, get vaccinated. So rather than quickly shove something together in the span of six months, trying to coordinate with sponsors, content creators, casters, and pretty much everyone we need to in order to put together something that, on average, takes the better part of a year to prep, we're going to forgo another Blizzcon this year, and prepare properly for one next year. You know, so everyone is safe, we can figure out what, if any, guidelines need to still be had at the end of this Pandemic, and otherwise ensure a safe and fun environment for everyone.

Average MMO Champion User: OH MY GOD LOOK! Another clear example of Blizzard dying!

Honestly, do you guys even use any reasonable thinking skills anymore on news posts like these, or do you just immediately jump up and down and scream Blizzard is evil and is dying?

Imagine that this is not a global conspiracy, but just plain stupidity, incompetence, pomposity, hypocrisy, corruption and most importantly, superficiality. All this leads to this pandemic of stupidity. Yes, in the end it is pure stupidity, nothing more.
    Will you superficial people ever understand this?
    It's sad that you'll never understand the amazing irony of you talking about pure stupidity. Oh, if only...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    It's sad that you'll never understand the amazing irony of you talking about pure stupidity. Oh, if only...
    It's sad that you don't know what propaganda is and how it works. Do you want to have this "pandemic" forever? With all its absurd rules, like keeping your distance, wearing a mask, shutting down all life, annual vaccinations? Who do you blame for the fact that it is still like this? You certainly blame me with my opinion about it, don't you? That's how their propaganda works. Wake up!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    News: "COVID-19 is spreading at record rates, hundreds of thousands dead, large events of any kind are now being made illegal under public health safety"
    Blizzard :"We are cancelling blizzcon this year for a all virtual event instead. And next year we will do the same as by then a lot of people will still be missing their vaccines, and so public events will still be impossible."
    You: "wow blizzard is dying"

Like come the fuck on man, them cancelling a public event because of covid is not their fault, you serious?
    lol someone is drinking the "cnn" cool-aid ... spreading at record rates.. lol.

blizzard is dying, yep. they wont pay the workers and they treat them like crap.. as well as not listening to actual constructive advice on how to make their games better.. just look at who has left and what they are doing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointing news. Maybe the next expansion will be announced at Gamescon this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Meurik View Post
    COVID is not "like the flu".
    It's similar in terms of numbers.
    It's far more virulent, and comes with long-lasting effects that could last a lifetime.
    No it is not! And long-term effects are nothing new. It also happens with other influenza waves!
    Thankfully it wasn't as widespread, and that variant wasn't as virulent
    Grow some balls. This hysterical posturing is unbearable.
    much more deadly COVID
    Hell no! It's like a mild to severe flu epidemic. Lethality is 0.15%.

Stop being hysterical! And you're from Sweden? What the hell do you want? You're doing fine with your government, aren't you?! Damn Corona's witnesses!

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    It's genuinely sad that "woke" people seem to deny science and the gathered information of people far, FAR more intelligent than you are.

It's people like you that will eventually lead humanity to its very own demise, celebrating ignorance is not something anyone should do.