Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Grass farming is a joke when blue and red knights are 100% drop on multiple grass per kill, this is part of what makes Demon's Souls easy AF you can have nearly unlimited healing compared to other souls games. Takes like 5-10 mins to cap out grass and in return the game is easy as hell. I wouldn't call that a difficulty spike for sure.

I also fail to see how the game's progress is anymore confusing then Dark Souls 1 where you can go to pinwheel as first area if you want to. Demon's Souls couldn't even hope to allow you to make such a stupid decision in it, by time you can do any level it is 100% doable, and not difficult. 5-2 is a troll ass level as most swamp levels are in souls games but outside of that I don't get bad level design take either its typical Souls shit.
    If you pick the 1st area and defeat a boss, the logical conclusion any normal person who has played video games in the past would be to continue forward, not leave and go to another archstone.

The other areas are almost as bad - Latria is mainly small corridors with brainsucker enemies shooting magic at you. The mine is just tunnels where you can barely swing a weapon and the camera craps out, and the "open" areas are just you walking on wood boardwalks. The coast area is more open, but still has a lot of cramped spaces like the hallways and dungeons, and when you walk on the side of the mountain. The castle area is also a lot of straight narrow corridors to when you're inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'PS Mobile' thing and increasingly putting exclusives on PC has me thinking they are going to try to take on Game Pass. I think its pointless but can't knock them for trying. I don't know anyone who actually uses remote play, most people don't even know it exists. PS Now is okay I guess, also don't know anyone who has it, but the 3 combined is basically Game Pass Ultimate but without the catalogue that Game Pass has.

Sony has the problem of not sticking with projects that aren't strong coming out of the gate. The Vita was a Switch before the Switch and they let that brand die. Theyve had a streaming platform for years, works on your phone and PC, no one knows about.

Looking forward to HZD gameplay though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Honestly if Sony just created a discounted bundle for PS+ and PS Now, similar to Gamepass ultimate, I guarantee people would pay for it.

Personally the only thing keeping me away for PS Now is the seperate subscription. I can't justify paying for something I'd only occasionally use. Of course day one releases would also help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly if Sony just created a discounted bundle for PS+ and PS Now, similar to Gamepass ultimate, I guarantee people would pay for it.

Personally the only thing keeping me away for PS Now is the seperate subscription. I can't justify paying for something I'd only occasionally use. Of course day one releases would also help.
    Pretty much why I won't be getting PS Now anytime soon. Also half the games on there are/have/will be free with PS Plus. Sony isn't willing to go all in like Microsoft does with Game Pass.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't think gamepass is very good since games just leave. I dont think anything has left psnow that I know of.

On Demon's Souls, if you want an easy run, try a magic build. I did and was able to cheese or bypass nearly any mechanic in the game once I got about half way leveled up. I've never done a magic build in a souls game before and it was tremendously fun.

Also, did the first boss fight in REVillage remind anyone else of the dragon fight in Dragon's Dogma?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still don't think gamepass is very good since games just leave. I dont think anything has left psnow that I know of.
    You shouldn't view gamepass as a permanent library. It's more like a rental service where the hope is if you enjoy a game you'll buy it. That's why they offer a discount on all games featured on gamepass.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not sure about the ps2 or ps3 games, I think they are permanent fixtures, but the ps4 games do get cycled off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratchet and Clank reviews out tomorrow. I'm so fucking excited for this game.

Finishing up Village, love this game. Then moving on to Mass Effect 3 from the remaster.

This month, I'm looking forward to Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection, Rachet, Scarlet Nexus, maybe Guilty Gear Strive, maybe Mario Golf: Super Rush. Rachet definitely my most anticipated. Having not played Mass Effect 3 before, ever, I've got a packed June lined up.

On a side note, the Horizon footage and details that came afterwards look incredible, I think GG is trying for an Uncharted 2/Mass Effect 2 type scenario, where the first game was really solid, but the second game made it look like proof of concept. Horizon moves up my list to become one of my most anticipated, easily.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...ank-rift-apart

This is a huge moment for Playstation. Games are now out(or will be very soon in this case). PS5 starting to look better and better once we start talking about games. Once the excitement around "next gen" is over, that is all we will be talking about.

I'd love a Bloodborn remaster and Bloodborne 2, just saying.

Also, in all the Rachet excitement, this game is also looking good:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...-gear--strive-
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-06-08 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was getting Ratchet and Clank even if critics said it was a steaming turd, but the reviews how me more than excited.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was getting Ratchet and Clank even if critics said it was a steaming turd, but the reviews how me more than excited.
    Lets be 100% honest, there was never a world where a flagship game from Insomniac would get shit on by critics. Outside of Nintendo EPD they are the most consistent developer there is of the ones who put out games at a steady clip. Like you can argue Rockstar or Naughty Dog is higher tier then them but they also take way fucking longer to make games. Since 2014 Insomniac has put out Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet & Clank 1 remake, Spider-Man, Miles Morales and now Rift apart. Sony got the steal of a life time only buying them for $250 million or so. Sony is still probably going to get at minimum Spider-Man 2 and another game out of them this gen, they might even get 3 more.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-06-09 at 01:34 AM.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...without_crunch

This shit is great. They managed to put out a critically acclaimed game lauded as the first real "next-gen" game without crunch, at least according to a few members on the team. Who knew you could make good games without soul crushing crunch that damages the physical and mental health of the people making it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...without_crunch

This shit is great. They managed to put out a critically acclaimed game lauded as the first real "next-gen" game without crunch, at least according to a few members on the team. Who knew you could make good games without soul crushing crunch that damages the physical and mental health of the people making it?
    To be completely honest Sony should be looking at what Insomniac is doing that the rest of their studios aren't because they are more productive while not crunching. GG and Sucker Punch also don't crunch but they take way longer to make games. ND and SSM are both known for brutal crunch as of their last major projects with TLOU2 and GoW but maybe they started to fix that, hopefully they did.

To be completely honest Sony should be looking at what Insomniac is doing that the rest of their studios aren't because they are more productive while not crunching. GG and Sucker Punch also don't crunch but they take way longer to make games. ND and SSM are both known for brutal crunch as of their last major projects with TLOU2 and GoW but maybe they started to fix that, hopefully they did.
    To be fair, Insomniac generally plays it safe when it comes to the games they make. They make great games but they don't really push the envelope. I love Ratchet and Clank but it's not like each game is radically different from the last (outside of maybe the second one) and as fun as Spiderman was it just took what we've already seen before and polished it to perfection.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, Insomniac generally plays it safe when it comes to the games they make. They make great games but they don't really push the envelope. I love Ratchet and Clank but it's not like each game is radically different from the last (outside of maybe the second one) and as fun as Spiderman was it just took what we've already seen before and polished it to perfection.
    As much as I love TLOU2, you could apply this exact same sentence to that game. It just took what we've already seen in TLOU1 and polished it to perfection.

Am I really reading this post when they are about to ship the first game people are saying feels next gen(not just looks but feels)? Don't push the envelope my ass.

Am I really reading this post when they are about to ship the first game people are saying feels next gen(not just looks but feels)? Don't push the envelope my ass.
    Sure it looks great but it's still the same game they've been making for over a decade. I'm not saying these games aren't great just that Insomniac tends to stick with what they know.

Sure it looks great but it's still the same game they've been making for over a decade. I'm not saying these games aren't great just that Insomniac tends to stick with what they know.
    I can't even with posts like this. Insomniac have made Spyro, Resistance, Spider-Man and Ratchet as their main successful franchises. Of these, only Spyro and Ratchet are even remotely similar and even that is a stretch since one is a collecting platformer and the other is a 3rd person shooter platformer.

You seem to have the wrong dev studio in mind. If anything Sony Santa Monica is the one that sticks to what they know since they haven't released a major game not called God of War since they have existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_...ames_developed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomn...ames_developed

It go's further then this to, Insomniac is the most diverse studio Sony owns. They where making Ratchet and Resistance games at the same time, they are now making Ratchet and Spiderman games at the same time. ND hasn't made anything besides Uncharted or TLOU since the PS2, SSM has never made anything worth a damn besides GoW, GG was a shitty Killzone studio that still has to prove a lot with Horizon and another new IP eventually. Sucker Punch is probably the closest to Insomniac in diversity going from Sly to Infamous to Ghost but they take a half decade to make a game these days while Insomniac is on a bi yearly release schedule. I wouldn't die on this hill mate, just admit to the bad take.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-06-09 at 02:33 PM.

Forgot about Resistance. They really need to give that Trilogy a remaster so more people can play 3.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't even with posts like this. Insomniac have made Spyro, Resistance, Spider-Man and Ratchet as their main successful franchises. Of these, only Spyro and Ratchet are even remotely similar and even that is a stretch since one is a collecting platformer and the other is a 3rd person shooter platformer.

You seem to have the wrong dev studio in mind. If anything Sony Santa Monica is the one that sticks to what they know since they haven't released a major game not called God of War since they have existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_...ames_developed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomn...ames_developed

It go's further then this to, Insomniac is the most diverse studio Sony owns. They where making Ratchet and Resistance games at the same time, they are now making Ratchet and Spiderman games at the same time. ND hasn't made anything besides Uncharted or TLOU since the PS2, SSM has never made anything worth a damn besides GoW, GG was a shitty Killzone studio that still has to prove a lot with Horizon and another new IP eventually. Sucker Punch is probably the closest to Insomniac in diversity going from Sly to Infamous to Ghost but they take a half decade to make a game these days while Insomniac is on a bi yearly release schedule. I wouldn't die on this hill mate, just admit to the bad take.
    You're missing the point. It should not be a surprise that Insomniac had no difficulty creating the 16th entry in a series they've been working on for nearly 2 decades with little innovation happening between titles. That said I suppose they do deserve some credit for managing it during a pandemic.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2021-06-09 at 04:52 PM.