Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

computer upgrade help!

so i was trying to figure out how to fix my computer issue and i decided to look at some prebuilt sites and i have decided to go with a prebuilt rather than wait out the current drought of graphics cards. i am looking for a computer that has 4 slots in the motherboard for ram and comes with a capable power supply, and lastly it uses non propiatary parts. what would be the best companies to go looking at? my budget is around 2,500-6,000 at the max. i would like it to support at least 1440p at 60fps. prefer nvidia over amd but either will do.
    i am looking at this computer here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mantis-GeForc...wisguy-20&th=1

LASTLY IT NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO ACCEPT DEBIT CARDS AS I REFUSE TO USE PAYPAL FOR MORAL REASONS (their business practices are disgusting.)AND MY CREDIT LIMIT IS NOT HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THE BUILD I WANT.

side question would it be possible to remove the liquid cooling and put fans on it instead? liquid cooling has me kind of nervous if it fails and i like the set it and mostly forget it nature of fans. from what i hear liquid cooling is a lot of work to maintain and can fry your system if something goes really wrong.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-05-27 at 11:26 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i was trying to figure out how to fix my computer issue and i decided to look at some prebuilt sites and i have decided to go with a prebuilt rather than wait out the current drought of graphics cards. i am looking for a computer that has 4 slots in the motherboard for ram and comes with a capable power supply, and lastly it uses non propiatary parts. what would be the best companies to go looking at? my budget is around 2,500-6,000 at the max.
    i am looking at this computer here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mantis-GeForc...wisguy-20&th=1

is this a good computer for the price point?
    I always ask what you're gonna do with it. If you're gonna be on WoW, GTA 5 (GTA RP), Red Dead Redemption 2, you can save a shit load of money and get yourself a 1200 dollar pre built with a warranty. Then get yourself a desk, beautiful monitors, speakers, a mic, etc with the rest of the money after the initial desktop purchase.

But if you just want to blow money for the sake of having a l33t-h4x0r PC, then just buy whatever someone else says.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i kind of have to spend the money. i can only have a certain amount of money in the bank to stay on medicaid and i need a new computer anyways. so either way the money has to get spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    way overpriced.
    could you elaborate on how its overpriced? i'm kind of going for a 30 series here so i'm prepared to spend a little more than would usually be acceptable. i also purchased some hard drives earlier that i'm hoping i can swap out with the ones that come with it to give it more drive space.

as for games i plan on playing world of warcraft burning crusade classic,world of warships,skylines,american trucking simulator(cpu intensive),rome total war remastered, warhammer total war 1,2,3,heroes of the storm,pillars of eternity,war for the overworld, possibly stellaris,maybe witcher 3, and thinking of maybe picking up pathfinder kingmaker. most of the rest of my games are much older and can mostly be run on a potato.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-05-27 at 10:54 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

By "overpriced", he means its overpriced.

Take this build by NZXT:

https://nzxt.com/build/9d7f6179-d12f...1-f6c1a66aa0ab

Doesnt have a 3080, but its just over 2K delivered to your door.

And its still an OCed 3070.

Its otherwise going to perform identically in games (the i9 is completely overkill for gaming and no better than the i7 in the NZXT build). 32GB of RAM is pointless for gaming as well. If you're going to be doing a lot of video editing or something, then maybe an i9 and 32GB of RAM might matter.

And unless you're shooting for 4k, the 3070 will crush the life out of high-refresh 1080p for years and years.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm trying to future proof it to be honest i know the ram and cpu is overkill but i am going for 4k gaming. should have edited it and i want to put it towards something i will enjoy. i thought 3070's needed 750watt psu's. i would also like it to be able to ship within the next month. i know that's sort of a tall order but i'm not sure how long the computer has left in it it's been acting up for quite awhile. i'm also aware i'm going to probably be paying a premium.

am also wondering what a good monitor size for 4k would be and if i should go for 120hz or 144hz?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-05-27 at 11:28 PM.

My suggestion is to just NOT do 4K.

Even a 3090 cant do 4K high refresh reliably. (Some very well optimized games, yes, like Doom Eternal, but most AAA games? No.)

You're a lot better off investing in a high quality high refresh 1440p monitor.

As long as you're sitting a proper distance from the monitor (I.E. not cramming your face forward towards the monitor and sitting 18" away or something unhealthy and stupid like that), you cant see the individual pixels on a 1440p 27" monitor, so going to 4K isn't as big of an upgrade over that as it might otherwise seem.

You're loading yourself up with extra costs via your "wants" vs your "needs" - which is fine, as long as you're aware of that. (Wanting it to ship immediately, etc) That will jack the cost up for basically no good reason other than you want it now.

The 10900K will not have more future proofing - games are still a LONG ways off from another "MOAR COARZZSSSS!!!!" explosion - we're just now, barely, getting to the point where a six-core CPU has a real, noticeable performance difference over a four-core CPU.. and even then, that difference is still measured well above 60fps (and frequently over 100fps, particularly as you go up in resolution where the GPU shifts to being the bottleneck and not the CPU).

NZXT hasn't really been able to get 3080s in, but other companies have. iBuyPower gets them in occasionally, and Dell/Alienware have been getting brief shipments out with 3080s.

Youll just have to decide if "i must havez it NAO!!!!!" is worth the extra several hundred dollars.

Also, for monitors, there's an amazing sale on this right now:

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/...vice-deal-sale

27", IPS, 1ms, 144hz, G-sync+Freesync, 1440p.

Its basically the modern update of the venerable S2716DG/S2719DGF TN displays. Id grab that right now if you can afford it. I was seriously considering grabbing one just because its a great deal, even though i have no complaints with my S2716DG.

If you are going to get from Amazon and your credit card limit isn't high enough. Just buy Amazong gift card credits under your account with multiple transactions (aka.. buy some gift card balance using your credit card.. then pay off your credit card)

They could probably build that for cheaper even overpaying for a gpu, can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They could probably build that for cheaper even overpaying for a gpu, can't they?
    Only if you can actually GET a GPU. Even at inflated prices they sell nearly instantly. And, from reading the OPs other posts, i doubt they want to build.

i can only have a certain amount of money in the bank to stay on medicaid
    explain this concept to me

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Not that his welfare status is really any of your concern, but ill go ahead and jump on this one as someone who was broke AF growing up and has experience in "the system", even though im now solidly middle class thanks to marrying well.

Contrary to the belief of the Neocon/Libertardian/Conservatrash types, welfare SUCKS.

It has tons of caveats and twists and turns meant to screw you and make sure they dont actually have to help you.

One of those for some forms of welfare (typically food stamps and medicaid in most states) is that you aren't allowed to save money.

Not a joke.

Not even hyperbole.

They have rules against allowing you to do the one thing that might help you actually get out of welfare - save money.

Because once you have more than a few thousand (at most) in your bank account? They cut you off. Immediately.

So, trying to save a few grand to buy a better car so you're not stuck in a (more expensive in the long term) cycle of constantly paying for expensive-repairs-you-can-just-barely-afford on a crappy car? (Which would then allow you to save even more money and maybe get a better/non subsidized housing, etc) Too bad. Screw you. Those rules almost prevented my mother from ever owning a home. She had a friend who had inherited a piece of property from her father when he passed, that he'd used as a rental. Small piece of property with a nice modular home on it (her dad was a fixer-upper and took great care of the place). She was going to sell it to my mom for an incredibly reasonable price. Like 15k. Problem was mom could never save that much money up, at least officially. She basically had to hoard cash and (thankfully) my Uncle had a safe at his business she could store it in. It was completely stupid.

Especially since the moment we eliminated ~900$ a month in rent, we didn't need the food stamps anymore. So we ended up on food stamps at least two or three years longer than we truly needed to be. For example.

Or save for any large expense that might help you. You just.. cant. They cut you off, which forces you to then... spend all that saved money on healthcare, putting you back below the threshold.... keeping you in the system LONGER than if the stupid rules just didn't exist in the first place.

So, in some instances, its better to just spend the money, dumb as that seems (it is dumb; they should just let people save up the money they need to actually make progress on actually getting out of poverty).

But that is neither here nor there. His finances are his business and not anyone elses.

** And before we go to the "then you're a lazy bum" - ALL of those bullshit rules apply to people who are crippled and on disability. So you can be crippled through no fault of your own and on disability, and you're basically forced to live at the poverty line. Period. You cant ever do better or you lose disability. And dont get married. Or you lose it. Even if your spouse can barely support themselves before marrying you. Too bad.

The OP might be on disability for all we know (or not, as i said, its not our business) so dont come back trying to make it something about being lazy/whatever.

And, trust me, when you're poor.. something like a computer to game on can be a lifeline. No matter how poor you are if you dont have some way to blow off steam, relax and enjoy yourself, you will eventually break. You can only deprive yourself for so long before you snap.

And while the up-front expense of a computer can be quite high, the long-term costs in terms of Hours of Entertainment/Cost is about as good as it can get. Its WAY cheaper in the long run.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-05-28 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    wall
    not sure why you felt the need to include bizarre statements of what you think I might say but thank you for the explanation. I never knew about the savings limit and ...well naturally buying a 4k rig and being on welfare raised some questions. Are you allowed to buy stocks on welfare?

not sure why you felt the need to include bizarre statements of what you think I might say but thank you for the explanation. I never knew about the savings limit and ...well naturally buying a 4k rig and being on welfare raised some questions. Are you allowed to buy stocks on welfare?
    Nope. They count as assets. Youd have to liquidate them and spend the money. They count your house and stuff too, in most states. They can basically tell you “well, sell your way-to-expensive house and spend all that money first” - even if like, you inherited the house and can only afford to live in it because its paid off. Same with your car. If its worth more than a certain amount, they count that and expect you to sell it, get something cheaper, and spend all that cash first, before you can be on welfare/disability. Which is more of a issue for disability, since most people who are broke dont have expensive cars or houses.

And i appologize if it felt like i was assuming you, personally might come back with negative ccomments. Its was more a general pre-emptive STFU to anyone looking on who wanted to go all nuts on someone who is on welfare spending money, not targetted specifically at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion is to just NOT do 4K.

Even a 3090 cant do 4K high refresh reliably. (Some very well optimized games, yes, like Doom Eternal, but most AAA games? No.)

You're a lot better off investing in a high quality high refresh 1440p monitor.

As long as you're sitting a proper distance from the monitor (I.E. not cramming your face forward towards the monitor and sitting 18" away or something unhealthy and stupid like that), you cant see the individual pixels on a 1440p 27" monitor, so going to 4K isn't as big of an upgrade over that as it might otherwise seem.

You're loading yourself up with extra costs via your "wants" vs your "needs" - which is fine, as long as you're aware of that. (Wanting it to ship immediately, etc) That will jack the cost up for basically no good reason other than you want it now.

The 10900K will not have more future proofing - games are still a LONG ways off from another "MOAR COARZZSSSS!!!!" explosion - we're just now, barely, getting to the point where a six-core CPU has a real, noticeable performance difference over a four-core CPU.. and even then, that difference is still measured well above 60fps (and frequently over 100fps, particularly as you go up in resolution where the GPU shifts to being the bottleneck and not the CPU).

NZXT hasn't really been able to get 3080s in, but other companies have. iBuyPower gets them in occasionally, and Dell/Alienware have been getting brief shipments out with 3080s.

Youll just have to decide if "i must havez it NAO!!!!!" is worth the extra several hundred dollars.

Also, for monitors, there's an amazing sale on this right now:

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/...vice-deal-sale

27", IPS, 1ms, 144hz, G-sync+Freesync, 1440p.

Its basically the modern update of the venerable S2716DG/S2719DGF TN displays. Id grab that right now if you can afford it. I was seriously considering grabbing one just because its a great deal, even though i have no complaints with my S2716DG.
    it isn't so much of a i want it now v.s. i need it now as i am beginning to suspect my computer isn't going to last for a whole lot longer. the audio jack on the front is damaged, i suspect the audio out for headphones on the back of motherboard pci-e slot is as well and has been for quite some time. (it constantly gives off this buzzing noise when listening to videos every so often. and this isn't just on these headphones.) i figured out my monitor just shit the bed since this older one seems to be working ok. i'm willing to dial down to 1440p i only included cause i read about how everyone talks about how awesome 4k is and how they can't go back to non 4k etc.

i've also been having multiple corruption issues with my os forcing me to do a image or factory reset every time they reach a critical mass. basically i need the new prebuilt asap was hoping to be able to wait another year but it looks like that's not in the cards and i really don't want to chance i come home one day and the computer has another crippling issue. the reason i went with the cores and basically a really high spec computer is because game's reccomended settings seem to be getting higher and higher. (i think warhmmer 3's reccomended is like an i-9.)

sorry for the wait i went and took a nap.

also my ublock origin is blocking best buy's website for some reason.
    also i do NOT have access to a microcenter for any reccomendations.
    looking at the monitor it looks to only be for amd freesync when the article says it was gsync?

- - - Updated - - -

as kagthul said we are only allowed a certain amount of liquid assets. wisconsin is even stricter in that it now only allows you to earn around(it actually got lowered from 1063$ a month at least based on the charts i was looking at.) 883.17$ a month but has an annual cap of 17,617$ which is fucking stupid and is clearly designed just to punish poor people.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-05-28 at 04:36 AM.

cause i read about how everyone talks about how awesome 4k is and how they can't go back to non 4k etc.
    A lot of that is confirmation bias. They spent out on an expensive 4K display and have to mentally justify it to themselves. Youll see maybe a handful of people here on these forums who are just stubbornly "ZOMG 4K SO MUCH BETTAR CANT EBER GO BACK" - most of us will aknowledge that 1440p is the sweet spot.

1440p is a big step up over 1080p. At average desk sitting distance - about 30" - on anything over a 21" display you can still see individual pixels. At 1440p, at 27" and lower (there are a few 1440p 24" panels still out there) you cant. Is 4K 'even sharper'? Sure. But since you already cant see the pixels on 1440p, its not nearly as big of u visual upgrade, but it is a HUGE performance hog. Given how much better high-refresh looks, given the choice between 4K and barely-making-over-60fps, and 1440p and 120+fps, most people will go with 1440p/120+.

Having experienced side-by-side 4K vs 1440p (both in 27", which is another thing - in a lot of cases good 4K displays are 32", meaning a lot of the additional pixel density you get from going to 4k is lost because the display is bigger), while i can tell which one is 4K, its not night and day and not worth losing framerate. Once you get used to high refresh rate (at ANY resolution) youll never want to go back to just 60fps or lower.

i've also been having multiple corruption issues with my os forcing me to do a image or factory reset every time they reach a critical mass. basically i need the new prebuilt asap was hoping to be able to wait another year but it looks like that's not in the cards and i really don't want to chance i come home one day and the computer has another crippling issue. the reason i went with the cores and basically a really high spec computer is because game's reccomended settings seem to be getting higher and higher. (i think warhmmer 3's reccomended is like an i-9.)
    Developers often over-shoot on recomended settings and the like because its easier than trying to nail it exactly. The primary difference between i9s and i7s in the current generation is just base clock speed. And its barely higher. The i9s CAN have an extra 2 cores but that isn't going to help with gaming. Not for the workable life of the machine. (Edit: and actually, with 11-series CPUs, they cant; Tiger Lake doesn't do 10 or 12 core chips).

sorry for the wait i went and took a nap.
    Yeah no worries, i fully understand not everyone lives at the computer. I often post and then dont check back for days.

also my ublock origin is blocking best buy's website for some reason.
    also i do NOT have access to a microcenter for any reccomendations.
    You can, however, still order their pre-builts no matter where you live. (Its called "PowerSpec"). Theyre pretty solid. One of my friends (who has sadly passed; dropped dead of a heart attack at not even 40) was the manager at the Cincinnati OH, Store, which is one of the stores where they do the mail-order PowerSpecs. I got to take a tour there once. Pretty competent guys, do a good job. So if they have machines available or for order that you want, dont feel apprehensive about ordering them. (edit: Thats Columbus OH. No idea why i put Cinci).

looking at the monitor it looks to only be for amd freesync when the article says it was gsync?
    It doesn't have a G-sync module, but that is no longer required for G-sync compatability.

A few years back, nVidia enabled G-sync-Over-Freesync. As long as it is Freesync compatible, G-sync will work. You will HAVE to use a DisplayPort cable, though (its not supported over HDMI, not even HDMI 2.1). On very low quality Freesync panels it will sometimes have bugs, but on that Dell, itll be just fine. Its actually certified "G-sync Compatible", which is what nVidia calls it when they have tested the monitor to ensure it works but it doesn't have the G-sync Hardware.

If you've got the cash, id jump on that sale. Those monitors are really solid.

As for the "have to have it now" - if you can wait the 4-8 weeks (yeah, you might have a few weeks there without a computer if your current one dies), you can get a LOT cheaper than that 3800. Theyre overcharging (even considering the current price hikes!) at least 1,000$ on that original machine.

Hell, just looking on Amazon you can get this freaking OMEN for less:

https://www.amazon.com/OMEN-Generati...s%2C185&sr=8-4

3200$. And thats Omen! Theyre one of the higher-end boutique builders.

This Thermaltake rig is actually not even badly overpriced (considering current GPU costs):

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-R...%2C185&sr=8-18

And that was just a quick 10 second Amazon search for "RTX 3080 Gaming PC".

By all means get a rig with a 3080 (particularly if you're shooting for 1440p or 4K) but you dont have to spend 4k. You might just have to wait 4-8 weeks.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-05-28 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of that is confirmation bias. They spent out on an expensive 4K display and have to mentally justify it to themselves. Youll see maybe a handful of people here on these forums who are just stubbornly "ZOMG 4K SO MUCH BETTAR CANT EBER GO BACK" - most of us will aknowledge that 1440p is the sweet spot.

1440p is a big step up over 1080p. At average desk sitting distance - about 30" - on anything over a 21" display you can still see individual pixels. At 1440p, at 27" and lower (there are a few 1440p 24" panels still out there) you cant. Is 4K 'even sharper'? Sure. But since you already cant see the pixels on 1440p, its not nearly as big of u visual upgrade, but it is a HUGE performance hog. Given how much better high-refresh looks, given the choice between 4K and barely-making-over-60fps, and 1440p and 120+fps, most people will go with 1440p/120+.

Having experienced side-by-side 4K vs 1440p (both in 27", which is another thing - in a lot of cases good 4K displays are 32", meaning a lot of the additional pixel density you get from going to 4k is lost because the display is bigger), while i can tell which one is 4K, its not night and day and not worth losing framerate. Once you get used to high refresh rate (at ANY resolution) youll never want to go back to just 60fps or lower.

Developers often over-shoot on recomended settings and the like because its easier than trying to nail it exactly. The primary difference between i9s and i7s in the current generation is just base clock speed. And its barely higher. The i9s CAN have an extra 2 cores but that isn't going to help with gaming. Not for the workable life of the machine. (Edit: and actually, with 11-series CPUs, they cant; Tiger Lake doesn't do 10 or 12 core chips).

Yeah no worries, i fully understand not everyone lives at the computer. I often post and then dont check back for days.

You can, however, still order their pre-builts no matter where you live. (Its called "PowerSpec"). Theyre pretty solid. One of my friends (who has sadly passed; dropped dead of a heart attack at not even 40) was the manager at the Cincinnati OH, Store, which is one of the stores where they do the mail-order PowerSpecs. I got to take a tour there once. Pretty competent guys, do a good job. So if they have machines available or for order that you want, dont feel apprehensive about ordering them.

It doesn't have a G-sync module, but that is no longer required for G-sync compatability.

A few years back, nVidia enabled G-sync-Over-Freesync. As long as it is Freesync compatible, G-sync will work. You will HAVE to use a DisplayPort cable, though (its not supported over HDMI, not even HDMI 2.1). On very low quality Freesync panels it will sometimes have bugs, but on that Dell, itll be just fine. Its actually certified "G-sync Compatible", which is what nVidia calls it when they have tested the monitor to ensure it works but it doesn't have the G-sync Hardware.

If you've got the cash, id jump on that sale. Those monitors are really solid.

As for the "have to have it now" - if you can wait the 4-8 weeks (yeah, you might have a few weeks there without a computer if your current one dies), you can get a LOT cheaper than that 3800. Theyre overcharging (even considering the current price hikes!) at least 1,000$ on that original machine.

Hell, just looking on Amazon you can get this freaking OMEN for less:

https://www.amazon.com/OMEN-Generati...s%2C185&sr=8-4

3200$. And thats Omen! Theyre one of the higher-end boutique builders.

This Thermaltake rig is actually not even badly overpriced (considering current GPU costs):

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-R...%2C185&sr=8-18

And that was just a quick 10 second Amazon search for "RTX 3080 Gaming PC".

By all means get a rig with a 3080 (particularly if you're shooting for 1440p or 4K) but you dont have to spend 4k. You might just have to wait 4-8 weeks.
    time is not really a luxury i have unfortunately. that is something i'm willing to pay for. looking at your post i have decided to stick with 1440p for now. would going by clock speeds be better for a cpu? i must admit i am not well versed when it comes to what to look for in a cpu. i know that having more cores isn't always better and couple other things but that's about it. i do not plan to overclock as that isn't something i'm comfortable doing. that's the reason amazon was my first choice was because of the 2 week lead time with prime. compared to 8-12 weeks with others. 4 weeks is the most i'm really willing to wait. also if i'm reading this right amd freesync with g sync is not hdmi compatible? then wouldn't that be an issue with modern monitors? looking at the computer you linked it looks like a very compelling computer. am thinking of getting it.

question would the 3090 bring any major performance increase over the 3080? or is it more of a workstation card?
    also how should i approach liquid cooling? like how hard is it to maintain compared to fan based setups?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-05-28 at 07:00 AM.

time is not really a luxury i have unfortunately. that is something i'm willing to pay for. looking at your post i have decided to stick with 1440p for now. would going by clock speeds be better for a cpu? i must admit i am not well versed when it comes to what to look for in a cpu. i know that having more cores isn't always better and couple other things but that's about it. i do not plan to overclock as that isn't something i'm comfortable doing
    As for the CPU... anything with 8 cores (any i7 10 or 11 series, or an i9) will be fine. The clock speed differences between the models arent high, and some of these rigs come pre-OCed, and theyll all hit 5Ghz. On the AMD side, the 5800X is likely your best bet. Solid 8 core, high clocks.

. that's the reason amazon was my first choice was because of the 2 week lead time with prime. compared to 8-12 weeks with others. 4 weeks is the most i'm really willing to wait. also if i'm reading this right amd freesync with g sync is not hdmi compatible? then wouldn't that be an issue with modern monitors?
    No. Any modern monitor will have at least one DisplayPort port. DP is actually far superior to HDMI. Even HDMI 2.1 has just barely caught up to DP 1.4 (which is the current version), and DP 2.0 is right around the corner. I was just mentioning it because youll want to make sure you have a DP cable handy. The Dell monitor probably comes with one (my old S2716DG did), but if not (itll say), then make sure to order a DP 1.4 cable.

looking at the computer you linked it looks like a very compelling computer. am thinking of getting it.

question would the 3090 bring any major performance increase over the 3080? or is it more of a workstation card?
    The 3090 is more powerful, yes... by about 10%. I dont really personally think its worth the difference in cost. It was primarily targeted as the replacement for the Titan - a prosumer card for people who need more rendering muscle (and particularly, VRAM, which you really dont need more than 10-12GB even for high-detail 4K gaming) but dont need a Quadro.

Stick with the 3080.

- - - Updated - - -

NewEgg appears to have some good (considering the market) deals:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali485/p/...-080-_-Product

- - - Updated - - -

2700$ seems to be about what an RTX 3080 prebuilt is going for (i priced some out on iBuyPower and Cyberpower and others) but 4+ weeks seems to be the best you can do on lead time. That one i linked from NewEgg above, says its in stock. So that might be your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok i was watching a review for the omen 30l hp and one reviewer mentioned that the memory while it seems upgradeable becomes hardlocked to the memory speed of the original configuration in which you ordered it unless you buy memory exclusively from dell. also it seems the second prebuilt has already sold out. odd amazon's delivery date for the omen states june 4th as latest. does anything above 3200 for ram provide much of a difference?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-05-28 at 07:27 AM.

ok i was watching a review for the omen 30l hp and one reviewer mentioned that the memory while it seems upgradeable becomes hardlocked to the memory speed of the original configuration in which you ordered it unless you buy memory exclusively from dell. also it seems the second prebuilt has already sold out. odd amazon's delivery date for the omen states june 4th as latest. does anything above 3200 for ram provide much of a difference?
    RAM speed matters a lot more for AMD’s Ryzen, on Intel you wont see much difference between 3200 and 3600.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out that link above from NewEgg. Thats basically their “In house” brand. Decent parts, especially that 3080 FTW3 (even at pre-tariff MSRP thats an 850$ card). 2700$ and says its in-stock. I went through the ordering process and it said it would be here Jun 4th.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-05-28 at 08:43 AM.