Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Umm correct me if I'm wrong but there is also a box price to play the game. Then they have the most expensive cash shop I've EVER seen and I thought Final Fantasy, FIFA, Madden and so on had bad ones. But fuck SC is unreal on the prices.

If the box price, kickstarted money, outside investments and ship sales aren't enough to fund the game where you then need to turn to paint jobs to fund the game maybe dial back the damn scope of the game or stop taking 10+ years.
    It just goes to show how little faith they have in gaining new players and how little they care for their current players that they put 60$ paintjobs in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It just goes to show how little faith they have in gaining new players and how little they care for their current players that they put 60$ paintjobs in the shop.
    Yup, the quality of the game is not good enough so they need to resort to baiting their whales into spending money on decorations and paint jobs for ships. I imagine they were at least smart enough to put the paint jobs on ships that actually work instead of the ones that people have been waiting years to get.

Noise that apparently you seem obligated to answer. Noise that seems to bother you because you must rush to attempt to 'correct' the noise and sucker more people into buying in. It is almost like you are forced to combat the noise, almost like you are paid to do so.
    Why the dissimilation? This is literally D-List PR:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Hello Zeta, the CIG team started it's adventure around 2012 with 5 crazy folks, kickstarter this and that allowed for a quality increase so a year later they finished 2013 with nearly 60 people working on the game. As the scope got bigger and the funding kept growing it allowed more people to help the efforts of turning Star Citizen into a reality! 2014 closed with 183 dev´s and atm they have a team of around 260 people contracted with CIG [P+L+U+S] around 150 Sub-contracted folks from outside studios.

Here's some family photos:

*links snipped*

And a bunch of people sub-contracted around the world to help them make this game.

If you have any more questions im sure mr.Youtube or mr.Google will help you out if you just type "Star Citizen Studios" for just "Star Citizen any question" for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Noooooooooo

FUCKING BLUE?!?!?!
    No dude, that's INVICTUS Blue !

And it's ULTRA LIMITED EDITION, come get yours before we're out of stock or we decide to randomly remove it !

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Why the dissimilation? This is literally D-List PR:
    Oh I know, I remember his first posts, some of them were quite good. Account created for this thread specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No dude, that's INVICTUS Blue !

And it's ULTRA LIMITED EDITION, come get yours before we're out of stock or we decide to randomly remove it !
    This is actual garbage

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Don't think I ever saw that post. Now it all just seems far too blatant.

Also pretty fun to look through a few other posts on that page. This post kinda destroys a certain poster's claims about the game only being in development for a few years, and even shows an expectation for the game to be feature complete in just a year or two. Back in 2015 lol

Kinda sad some of the "arguments" are the exact same after years have passed by, though. Other than the can being kicked a little further down the road so that the dates change.
    Yup kenn himself puts it as being worked on since 2011, so 10 years give or take. But yeah the same shit from 2015 those two were spewing and even kenn was optimistic back then about 1-2 years away. Really amusing how they changed their tunes over time and they can't take back the things that were said then.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    At least someone woke up a little.
    Like I really do feel bad for people that bought into this and expected a game to be out years ago. It isn't right that feature creep went out of control and the project has taken this long and has spent that much money. The cash shop being awful on top of the failures of CIG/CR gives me no sympathy to the game or the people that blindly defend it however. I feel bad for people that gave up on the project, essentially lost their money on a game that won't come out complete for years if it ever does.

A tiny scroll down below the post linked earlier on this page and uh... Yowza. This did not age well.

It's crazy to see the same couple posters saying exactly the same things in defense of the game six years later.
    Last edited by Henako; 2021-05-28 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    A tiny scroll down below the post linked earlier on this page and uh... Yowza. This did not age well.

It's crazy to see the same couple posters saying exactly the same things in defense of the game six years later.
    And that is if you accept Dec 2012 when the game was being worked on in 2011 based on kenn's posts back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is if you accept Dec 2012 when the game was being worked on in 2011 based on kenn's posts back then.

LoL "All the CRobberts hallmarks". He got that right 100%. Delay, feature creep, mismanagement, etc etc.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-05-28 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Afaik they are still using a tiling based method. When they can produce more than 4 planets I guess we'll see how well it holds up.
    They've produced much more than "4 planets", all at a much higher quality than anything you'll ever find in Elite

I mean they're still stuck with bare deserted planets with minimal atmosphere while Star Citizen already has multiple biomes, weather effects, oceans while it's actively developing rivers, flowing lava, fauna and god knows what else.

Again with this shit? The alpha was a lot longer than 2 weeks, not long enough admittedly but to claim it was just 2 weeks is more bullshit from you.
    Ofc it was more than 2 weeks, they spent 3 years in this expansion, what they opened to the public was a marketing stunt that backfired because instead of taking the feedback and taking the time to resolve the several reported issues they decided to officially release it broken anyway just to boost their fiscal year for the shareholders.

They actively regressed their main game back to alpha stage with the update, no wonder they separated the player base.

Damn those pesky suits ruining games for the sake of profit.

Here's some nice screenies from Odyssey https://imgur.com/a/yQ6R31o
    Looks cool from far away, little bit worse when at close range:

And after 10 years if this is their best then good fucking luck the rest of the way. No engine can support it and they sure are missing a lot of promised features.

No engine can support it + closest you can get + after 10 years no company has managed to do it = disaster

Sounds about right. Thanks Anderson for finally summing it up for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    god that would be amazing. after 10 years of re-writing systems decide to go all the way and effectively start from scratch. and somehow still get donations after that i'm sure. (heck maybe it would boost donations since it would create massive media attention.)

the drama would be the best in years.
    Not after 10 years, more like 50+ years.

Many companies have tried and failed what CIG is implementing successfully with Star Citizen.

The ultimate space sim with total freedom, high fidelity graphics and completely seamless.

Going all out Gamin'Karen mode when one doesn't comprehend what's being made or can't handle the wait it's not CIG problem to resolve.

Weren't you harping on about armchair developers? If CIG can modify an off-the-shelf engine then any other bunch of code monkeys can do the same. The only reason another studio hasn't done what CIG is doing is because they're not stupid enough to waste 10 years and $450 million on producing an alpha product. It is not a smart or finacially viable way of doing business because all you have is outgoing costs, the time for ROI is years and years away.
    CIG is doing the best game possible thanks to the funding of backers, they don't have to cater to those who don't care about the game but only what's "financially viable".

If you want to enjoy space games that are "financially viable" you already have Elite: Dangerous, Mass Effect and so on lol

"Soon" you'll have Starfield, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and such.

CIG will just keep developing their game on their own terms while being supported by those who prefer something that's not hindered by lack of ambition and shareholders greedy shackles.

Oh I know, I remember his first posts, some of them were quite good. Account created for this thread specifically.
    Nah please stay far away from Star Citizen.

Go with Elite, they just released a new update. NMS added the Mass Effect Ship and Starfield is just around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

We're seeing the same post?

It clearly aged well very well, considering the inflation of the game development and the increased complexity of the Star Citizen (& Squadron 42) project along with what history of crowdfunded mmorpgs and general gaming issues of game development that have came to public (RDR2, Cyberpunk, Anthem, Odyssey, BeyondGood&Evil2 etc) have shown us it has aged tremendously well.

So well that this Invictus event went way smoother than last year, performance wise the servers holded much better compared with last one, and financially just slightly lower with around 50k new accounts created during the event and +$12 Million dollars pledged.

A lot of newbies playing during this past week along with old backers returning to see the progress, elite fanboys included (probably because they had troubles playing odyssey).

They've produced much more than "4 planets", all at a much higher quality than anything you'll ever find in Elite
    Yes, the Star Citizen planets do look nice from a distance, but there isn't much more to do on them than in Elite. 99.98% of planet and moon surfaces in SC are devoid of anything notable, not even wildlife or people walking around. The only things interesting about the planets and moons are 1. the city on a planet, which has a small playable area, 2. the copy pasted generic outposts, and 3. the boring procedurally generated mining caves (with, again, no wildlife in them).

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also argue that Star Citizen planets aren't that really impressive thus far. The terrain is pretty boring. There still isn't proper atmospheric effects/clouds/weather in yet so the sky is pretty boring. And the oceans are pretty crap.

The best looking planet in the game are the forests and the snowy peaks of Microtech... and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

This city looks big, but you can only actual explore maybe 1% of 1% of it: the first floor of the hub building, and two floors of the spaceport. You can land on rooftops but you can't actually go down into the buildings.

They have passed the 9 year mark

I think this game was an excuse to get funding for a studio and some space doors and I love it

Can’t wait for the 2025 q1 announcement of the new paint jobs for only $50

10+ Year Old Account

Many companies have tried and failed what CIG is implementing successfully with Star Citizen.

The ultimate space sim with total freedom, high fidelity graphics and completely seamless.

Going all out Gamin'Karen mode when one doesn't comprehend what's being made or can't handle the wait it's not CIG problem to resolve.
    You're a really shitty liar. Nothing you said here is true.

There hasn't been 50 years of development on space sims because 50 years ago, 3d real time rendered graphics were not a thing to the home consumer. And plenty of companies have done more than CIG. LoL CIG doesnt even have a released game yet. All of its planets are void of life and literally worthless. The cities in SC are smaller than fucking Stormwind in WoW.

Like . . . . . how do you not know about the game you are paid to promote? I'm seriously getting tired of asking you this.

I mean they're still stuck with bare deserted planets with minimal atmosphere while Star Citizen already has multiple biomes, weather effects, oceans while it's actively developing rivers, flowing lava, fauna and god knows what else.

Ofc it was more than 2 weeks, they spent 3 years in this expansion, what they opened to the public was a marketing stunt that backfired because instead of taking the feedback and taking the time to resolve the several reported issues they decided to officially release it broken anyway just to boost their fiscal year for the shareholders.

They actively regressed their main game back to alpha stage with the update, no wonder they separated the player base.

Damn those pesky suits ruining games for the sake of profit.

Looks cool from far away, little bit worse when at close range:

CIG is doing the best game possible thanks to the funding of backers, they don't have to cater to those who don't care about the game but only what's "financially viable".

If you want to enjoy space games that are "financially viable" you already have Elite: Dangerous, Mass Effect and so on lol

"Soon" you'll have Starfield, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and such.

CIG will just keep developing their game on their own terms while being supported by those who prefer something that's not hindered by lack of ambition and shareholders greedy shackles.

We're seeing the same post?

It clearly aged well very well, considering the inflation of the game development and the increased complexity of the Star Citizen (& Squadron 42) project along with what history of crowdfunded mmorpgs and general gaming issues of game development that have came to public (RDR2, Cyberpunk, Anthem, Odyssey, BeyondGood&Evil2 etc) have shown us it has aged tremendously well.

So well that this Invictus event went way smoother than last year, performance wise the servers holded much better compared with last one, and financially just slightly lower with around 50k new accounts created during the event and +$12 Million dollars pledged.

A lot of newbies playing during this past week along with old backers returning to see the progress, elite fanboys included (probably because they had troubles playing odyssey).

Maybe instead of adding more and more useless crap they could OH idk finish the stuff already in the game??

Instead of 5 more ships and another planet maybe finish the ships they already sold and let us explore the planets we have

You have a team literally 10x as big as most developers and you have taken twice as long for half the progress

10+ Year Old Account
    while Star Citizen already has multiple biomes, weather effects, oceans while it's actively developing rivers, flowing lava, fauna and god knows what else.
    LoL No Mans Sky had had all that in 2016 release candidate. Now you say the word "FIDELITY" and try to save face! 1.2.3. GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes, the Star Citizen planets do look nice from a distance
    And upclose:

Oceans are OK'ish for a procedurally generated full planet, still miles better than anything Elite or any other space game has delivered, which was the point.

I mean, in terms of cities or atmospheric effects in full in terms of procedural planets it's still unmatched. 1% of a huge city to explore is still miles better than 100% of a tiny station.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You're a really shitty liar. Nothing you said here is true.

There hasn't been 50 years of development on space sims because 50 years ago, 3d real time rendered graphics were not a thing to the home consumer. And plenty of companies have done more than CIG. LoL CIG doesnt even have a released game yet. All of its planets are void of life and literally worthless. The cities in SC are smaller than fucking Stormwind in WoW.

Like . . . . . how do you not know about the game you are paid to promote? I'm seriously getting tired of asking you this.
    Everything is true and simple to understand, you're just not following it for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maybe instead of adding more and more useless crap they could OH idk finish the stuff already in the game??

Instead of 5 more ships and another planet maybe finish the ships they already sold and let us explore the planets we have

You have a team literally 10x as big as most developers and you have taken twice as long for half the progress
    Why would they do that? Because of you? Why would they listen to you if you're not even a backer or potential player.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL No Mans Sky had had all that in 2016 release candidate. Now you say the word "FIDELITY" and try to save face! 1.2.3. GO!
    Not quite, NMS planets are devoid of different biomes. Mistaking flashy colour combos with actual variety is the same usual mistake gamers do when they call NMS massive because it generates a trillion of random instanced golf balls with different colours.

I mean even Elite has paint jobs sales that go for that much while not having as half of the work doing them since their ships are not as detailed or with as much moving parts.

It's that or you'll have a forced subscriptions or Paying for core features like Space legs, EVA, Planetary landings and so on.

Forget the rivalry and tone down the jealously, Star Citizen, despite being in alpha, as no rival:

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-02 at 09:30 PM.