Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation We need to talk about the Revendreath Map.

My friends...
    Two days ago I decided to change my covenant. I was with the necrolords and made the decision to join the Venthyr. Reason: Mounts and xmogs.

They told me that changing the covenant was easy and instant (and it really was). My concern (laziness?) Was just having to get 40 renows again.
    But I thought, "Fine! I already did that with my main and my alt in Maldraxxus. No problem." OK....

What nobody told me is that the REVENDREATH MAP was totally built to drive people crazy.
    It is by far the WORST and most CONFUSED map not only of Shadowlands but of the entire history of World of Warcraft.
    Literally besides being a gigantic maze ...! Also, many times what you see drawn on the map is not in accordance with the roads you really have to take.

It's just horrible. There should be a warning for people who suffer from panic attacks or anxiety.

You need your mind to use 100% of your ability to interpret the map and not run the risk of going through a maze from one point to another ... to realize at the end that you should have used that elevator at the beginning because what you are looking for is not on the same floor. And the golden arrow doesn't always help. (Revendreath has 2, maybe 3 different floors and this is not clear at the point where the quests and objectives appear on the map...!)
    Each quest (which you need to do to continue the Venthyr campaign) has an additional TRY TO GET to the quest place ... and not just finish it.

Here is my (/ cry) and my alert to you who are thinking of moving to Venthyr. The difficulty they added to the paths, streets, roads, floors of Revendreath is totally unbalanced compared to the other areas.

Note: English is not my first lenguage and (for some reason) I wrote RevendreAth instead of Revendreth every time. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I didn't think I would have to explain it but ok ..! Some people are saying that the "trail" that I drew on the Revendreth map image is wrong! YES, possibly it is. The track I did is merely illustrative (but it is not exaggerated) and I only did it for people to get a sense (VERY FAITHFUL) of the torture that is to start in Revendreth with almost no flight point released.
    I hope I have been clear now.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-05-28 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had an issue traversing Revendreth.

And the future patch will solve that issue as flight will be unlocked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh, Revendreth can be tricky to get across, but @#$& like Highmountain or the Broken Shore were much worse. The only difference is that flight master whistle was available back then, whereas in SL it has been disabled for some (probably stupid) reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it great. The best zone in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Meh, Revendreth can be tricky to get across, but @#$& like Highmountain or the Broken Shore were much worse. The only difference is that flight master whistle was available back then, whereas in SL it has been disabled for some (probably stupid) reason.
    Yeah, they thought they designed well enough this time that it isn't needed.

"The Flight Master's Whistle will not be in Shadowlands. Some of this is due to the way Shadowlands is laid out and the way that our quest wrappers at max level are laid out. We don't have emissaries any more and instead, we have Callings that will send you to a single zone. Navigating within that zone there are transportation options, especially if you are a member of that given zone, through unlocking your covenant's transportation network.

What spawned the Flight Whistle was things like the Warden and Kirin Tor emissaries in Legion, or the War Campaign objectives in BFA, where you'd look at the map and the game was telling you 'hey you need to visit these four zones and criss-cross thousands of yards in game in order to complete this single objective.' That turned into an onerous amount of travel time, but in Shadowlands, we're not asking players to do that in the same way this time around. Plus...there's a little bit of the fantasy of the whistle in the Shadowlands and all that."

7+ Year Old Account
    Revendreth looks good but travelling through it is awful
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

if efectivity is your goal, point A is close to fly point, point B is close to portal to flight point...

I have a easier time moving through Revendreth than Bastion, and that's without the Venthry portals.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion is worse, atleast in revendreth it makes sense. Theres an elevator, theres a road, etc etc. Bastion though... fuckin cliffs and mountains everywhere, if you wanna deviat just slightly off the road, tough luck, you will probably hit a wall or a hole.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I mean flightpaths exist? I play every covenant and never had any real issues with getting around Revendreath. Bastion is a bit more annoying imo due to limited number of flight points (solved a bit by covenant teleports). The mirror network in Revendreth also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Bastion is worse, atleast in revendreth it makes sense. Theres an elevator, theres a road, etc etc. Bastion though... fuckin cliffs and mountains everywhere, if you wanna deviat just slightly off the road, tough luck, you will probably hit a wall or a hole.
    Both are fine once you actually know the zone. The OP is venthyr which once you have the portal network up and running it's even more ridiculously easy to traverse. Only complain would be to actually move the Banewood portal to near the FP, but then there's always the FP. Bastion .....I'm not sure why you're running into so many mountains. If you're herbing or mining, there's routes listed on many sites that show you what to do. If you're questing, you shouldn't be hitting mountains and even the one at the first FP has a way up the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never had an issue traversing Revendreth.
    You must have gotten several girlfriends just by saying that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I think it great. The best zone in Shadowlands.
    Dude, look at your eyes ....

yeah navigating Revendreth is absolutely awful, will be much better when we can fly but zones should not be designed for a feature that'll come months later

Aren'T there those tiny gargoyles to take you anywhere?

Blizzard makes the worst maps in the world. If it were up to Ion's team, Lewis and Clark would still be lost somewhere east of Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Bastion is worse, atleast in revendreth it makes sense.
    Man. I don't know how far a gigantic maze with several floors and an extremely unintuitive map makes sense in "vampire vibe".
    Bastion is 90% a plain with long but well-defined roads ...

oh no every zone is not designed the same way and there is variety!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    oh no every zone is not designed the same way and there is variety!!
    Yes, some are designed for you to do the quests without unexpected problems and in short ... have fun.
    Revendreth was designed for you to spend most of your time lost in a gigantic maze. The joke "Oops! Is not here, come back 1000 yards and get the elevator" is present everywhere. It's a nightmare.
    Stay away if you don't have fun with this type of "design"!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Revendreth looks good but travelling through it is awful
    It's not anywhere near as awful as traveling through Bastion.
    Idk what the fuck they did with that place but i stopped doing calling in that zone just of how annoying it is to traverse.

Rev isn't so bad once you know where the elevators are.
    And it has enough flight points you can use, Bastion just has 3 and all of them are placed in the most dumb spots on the map.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Revendreth is painful to navigate and I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Everything is cliffs and giant walls, when you go grab a treasure for daily % you must be extra careful that it is something on ground level or on a ledge that needs you to drop down from above. World quests there are also mediocre but I may just be bitter because of the time required to go anywhere.

Bastion is annoying for the treasure caves and for the north-western zones, but overall it's way more manageable.