Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    honestly? I feel like Bastion is worse. Revandreth is a slog no real argument there, but Bastion and it's annoying hills and a third of the map being canyons and objectives being in the furthest corners of it is.... awful. I'm sure with their covenant it get less terrible but I don't care to find out. Revendreth is kind of a maze but I still find it to be real fun to romp around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    if you are already a Venthyr since the beginning of the expansion you can go from "A" to "B" with eyes closed. Jesus...
    you can go from A to B with your eyes closed even without being Venthyr.

There are a multitude of ways to go from A to B given in the title post with minimal time on the ground.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-05-28 at 09:26 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    People getting so worked up... while the image is obviously not accurate,)
    Thanks God. For a moment I was worried that only I thought this was obvious ...!

At point "B" I still write something like "Oops! You were wrong, go back ALL the map and take the elevator".
    My God... of course this is a merely illustrative image.
    In the forums of "DC comics" x "Marvel" I always came with my security guard and my lawyer ...! I think I'm going to have to be the same careful here. ahahaha

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    As an engineer (or just having gliders) Ravendreth is a blessing. you can glide almost everywhere...

While in bastion you have to take detour around the third of the zone just to get on a cliff you are looking at

And in maldraxus... I allways end up in toilet vomiting from that god awfull looking zone

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    you can go from A to B with your eyes closed even without being Venthyr.

There are a multitude of ways to go from A to B given in the title post with minimal time on the ground.
    so how do you go from darkhaven to the WQ north of it if you don't know the way?

the thing even looks like it's just outside the wall and thus downstairs if you don't know better, and if you make that mistake (or fail the WQ and fall down) you are quite screwed once you jump off the cliff.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-05-28 at 09:56 PM.

EDIT: I didn't think I would have to explain it but ok ..! Some people are saying that the "trail" that I drew on the Revendreth map image is wrong! YES, possibly it is. The track I did is merely illustrative (but it is not exaggerated) and I only did it for people to get a sense (VERY FAITHFUL) of the torture that is to start in Revendreth with almost no flight point released.
    I hope I have been clear now.
    The trail is wrong because it doesn't show the wrong paths in maldraxxus by picking the easiest possible path in Maldraxxus, and one of the most complicated in Revendreth. There is no parity in the image. It's a cherry picked example that ends up being too biased to make an actual point.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah, but dude literally complained about 4 things, and all 4 of them were BS.
    Yeah. Makes me wonder if he's ever actually explored the zone or just looked at the map zoomed out the furthest and came to make this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, of course I did this quickly (and possibly imperfectly) just so people get a sense of what I'm saying.
    And of course, if you are since the beginning of the expansion, you have already unlocked all flight points and you have already spent 10,000 anima to improve your transport-network ... you may not understand this thread. I started in Revendreth just 2 days ago...!
    Except there is no sense. Every example you did was flat out wrong. You could draw on that map of Maldraxxus and put in "there's a wall here you're gonna have to go the long way" and it'd be just as true as your map of Revendreth.

Just fess up that you're wrong, already.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never had an issue traversing Revendreth.
    Yeah - and there are horses and bats everywhere you can use as local taxis.

Revendreth is the most awesome zone of Shadowlands, and I'm a Kyrian.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The trail is wrong because it doesn't show the wrong paths in maldraxxus by picking the easiest possible path in Maldraxxus, and one of the most complicated in Revendreth. There is no parity in the image. It's a cherry picked example that ends up being too biased to make an actual point.
    especially since its also wrong, as all the "blocked" passages he uses are not blocked they are open, so its not even that they picked "the worst of revendreth, the best of maldraxxus" they "just fucking lied about revendreth"

Its probably my most hated zone. I was actively avoiding some of the callings that sent me there, but its gotten easier to navigate, and flying will vastly improve it. Overall though I find all the zones a little lackluster, they just seem as interesting as ones in the past.

Lol the people that can't find their way through bastion, have you guys been diagnosed with topographical disorientation?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Revendreth is a lot like Nazjatar, don't know if anyone made that comparison yet.
    The vertical aspect of it is very disorienting at first and takes time to get used to.
    Also Venthyr get mirrors for fast travel to the top of several elevators. Combine it with a glider or parasol and you can get anywhere really fast once you get the travel upgrades going.

I actually think Bastion is worse. It looks pretty flat, yet whenever you try to go somewhere, there's somehow always a cliff in your way.

It's just horrible. There should be a warning for people who suffer from panic attacks or anxiety.
    I especially liked this bit. Pathetic.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Revendreth needed something like what we had in Legion that launched you into the air and let you move around, to make moving around the area easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without whistle, the bad design was amplified a lot
    I still wonder with flying next patch, how will it go, will we fly from zone to zone, or we must go to capital again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have a easier time moving through Revendreth than Bastion, and that's without the Venthry portals.
    what?
    1) venthyr portals are the worst portals in all covenants, i have 4 covenants and at least at rank2, venthyr by miles is worse, 2nd worst in necrolords (at least portal leads to opposite side, but the zone is already better than venthyr one), best is bastion and 2nd best is nelf one
    2) bastion with portals IS the best portals zone ever, u just go anywhere very fast
    3) the problem is still the 'portal' service is 1 zone only, meaning if u bastion, u enjoy it at bastion only, go venthyr and u fucked, if u are venthyr, u are fucked anyway since they have the shittiest worst portal system ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Revendreth is a lot like Nazjatar, don't know if anyone made that comparison yet.
    The vertical aspect of it is very disorienting at first and takes time to get used to.
    Also Venthyr get mirrors for fast travel to the top of several elevators. Combine it with a glider or parasol and you can get anywhere really fast once you get the travel upgrades going.
    did they change mirrors or something?
    most mirrors leads to nowhere, not near a flight path, or a daily zone (chest/monster summon), they just throw u at random spot, with only 1 mirror next to the disguise service WQ if u like it
    every other mirror just throw u at random spot, some 'next' to a random wq but A) wqs aren't daily and B) there are too many wqs that of course a mirror will be near a wq, that isn't a benefit, only 1 mirror actually leads to a wq, not 'near' it or anything similar
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what?
    1) venthyr portals are the worst portals in all covenants, i have 4 covenants and at least at rank2, venthyr by miles is worse, 2nd worst in necrolords (at least portal leads to opposite side, but the zone is already better than venthyr one), best is bastion and 2nd best is nelf one
    2) bastion with portals IS the best portals zone ever, u just go anywhere very fast
    3) the problem is still the 'portal' service is 1 zone only, meaning if u bastion, u enjoy it at bastion only, go venthyr and u fucked, if u are venthyr, u are fucked anyway since they have the shittiest worst portal system ever
    You're making an argument here I said nothing about, in all 3 points.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. I don't know how far a gigantic maze with several floors and an extremely unintuitive map makes sense in "vampire vibe".
    Bastion is 90% a plain with long but well-defined roads ...
    its heavy castlevania inspired, and i give them that credit
    also castlevania isn't known for easy navigation in first place btw, so there is a chance they made the map complex on purpose
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been venthyr from the start and haven't found it to be confusing at all. A little annoying with the elevators and other terrain? Sure. But that can easily be circumvented with the gliders, mirror network, and flight paths. The only parts that really suck to do is anything in the Ember ward because of the distance between flight paths. It will be a hike back. Other spots are easy enough to get to some kind of flight path or mirror.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just wait a few weeks and fly everywhere.