Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll give Cena a pass on that seeing he has been all but kicked out of professional wrestling for not wanting to preform in Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I'll give Cena a pass on that seeing he has been all but kicked out of professional wrestling for not wanting to preform in Saudi Arabia.
    I actually only feel sorry for him and nothing more than that. (no rage etc)

Everyone knows exactly why this happened.
    And im willing to believe he feels extremely bad about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I actually only feel sorry for him and nothing more than that. (no rage etc)

Everyone knows exactly why this happened.
    And im willing to believe he feels extremely bad about this.
    Unless he really is so bad at managing his cash then I totally do not feel sorry for him having no spine. John China is a meme now which I never even imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Unless he really is so bad at managing his cash then I totally do not feel sorry for him having no spine. John China is a meme now which I never even imagined.
    I dont know dude...

Do you think he is so stupid...it didnt cross his mind he would be the entire country's fool after doing this?
    In my head...i imagine a lot of his real life friends needed this to happen...or something like that.

So either:

1) He is dumb
    2) He didnt want to hurt his friends
    3) He doesnt have a spine at all and only thinks of money (i dont believe this but who knows...i dont know)

7+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone saw the John Cena apology to China video...because he called Taiwan a country?
    WTF

(sorry, i dont know where to post about this but i dont want to make a new thread)
    Haha woah I just watched it. Initially I thought he was a spineless stooge but maybe he is just legitimately brainwashed and doesn't know any better.

I dont know dude...

Do you think he is so stupid...it didnt cross his mind he would be the entire country's fool after doing this?
    In my head...i imagine a lot of his real life friends needed this to happen...or something like that.

So either:

1) He is dumb
    3) He doesnt have a spine at all and only thinks of money (i dont believe this but who knows...i dont know)
    Nah it's mostly 3. This is entirely related to the Furious franchise and his role in it. If he had no role, this would go unnoticed.

I dont know dude...

So either:

1) He is dumb
    Number 3. Gotta sell Fast and Furious.
    What friends? You mean he may have ones in China? Fuck thin skinned "friends" then.
    If he is dumb then I still can laugh at him.

Expect more of this. China fucked you guys at your own game

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Once the US became the sole ruler of the world that all went away.
    As per usual, you’re incorrect.

It all went away because American Economic Conservatives decided to ally themselves with American Social Conservatives. Prior to 1968 the former had to occasionally act in the interests of most Americans and invest in the people. After 1968 they had a bunch of useful patsies who will vote against their own economic interests if they can advance their social interests (ie racism and religious fanaticism).

The fall of the USSR had nothing to do with that. The American Wealthy had already been destroying America for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What friends? You mean he may have ones in China?
    No I mean he possibly had friends who told him to do this for monetary gain.

I know money can be worth your reputaion being thrown in the garbage.
    But is John Cena so desperate for money?

It could be a lot of things...i just find it real weird someone like him sacrificing reputation for this.

No I mean he possibly had friends who told him to do this for monetary gain.

I know money can be worth your reputaion being thrown in the garbage.
    But is John Cena so desperate for money?

It could be a lot of things...i just find it real weird someone like him sacrificing reputation for this.
    I don't, simply because he is far from the only one. Remember the recent events with sport stars? LeBron James comes to mind. I am assuming their contracts are pretty tight and they really can loose a lot if sanctioned, but still... We know stars often have issues with cash due to some questionable decisions (money quickly goes to head after all).

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know dude...

So either:

1) He is dumb
    4) He had to take one for the team, otherwise the F9 movie would be banned or boycotted in China and since it was his fault anyway for having a loose tongue
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-05-29 at 11:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was told cancelculture doesn't exist so china couldn't have learned this from others n applied it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    4) He had to take one for the team, otherwise the F9 movie would be banned or boycotted in China and since it was his fault anyway for having a loose tongue
    I think FnF X will be in china too

This is a very interesting article touching a few points on how the EU deals with China... very interesting read:

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-c...y-geopolitics/

Surprise! The EU knows how to handle China
    Brussels is ahead of Washington when it comes to dealing with Beijing.

“Do we need a new adversary?” With those words, Armin Laschet summed up the European response to Joe Biden’s efforts to convince Europeans to get tougher on China.

As the politician best placed to become the next German chancellor, Laschet’s open rebuke of the U.S. president was the latest example in a series of polite disagreements between the two pillars of the transatlantic alliance over how to deal with the rising Asian superpower.

What’s usually overlooked, however, especially in Washington, is that the Europeans aren’t reluctant to get on board with Biden’s efforts because they don’t want to confront China. They’re cold on the idea because they have a plan of their own — and so far, it’s working.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is a very interesting article touching a few points on how the EU deals with China... very interesting read:

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-c...y-geopolitics/
    Well, things are always changing, but the EU had a plan in place before this new cold War. They signed up a major investment agreement not long ago. Problem is deals are starting to have no value under this new branch of psychocapitalism we live in. Italy for example, signed up on the New Silk Road project. Most likely going to be scrapped under the (non elected) much more US alligned new government. Banning Huawei from European 5g infrastructure also makes absolutely zero sense from any point of view, economic, moral, political whatever. It's still happening. We are very vocal in this new cold war the US are starting and we take active part in the game.

So, we might have a different plan but not sure how effective it'll end up being if we keep on following the warmongering yanks. I hope it is effective.

Your article touches on that too.

"Beijing’s hope was not to be. What surprised China is that the EU never regarded the CAI as a political agreement. Having forced Beijing to concede on key points, the bloc did not hesitate to walk over China’s most salient red lines. On March 22, the EU joined the U.K. and the U.S. in imposing sanctions aimed at Chinese officials believed to be involved in human rights violations in Xinjiang province"

And also

"Liu Zuokui of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences expanded on the feeling of frustration in a conversation this week: “In other words, on the one hand, the two sides should overcome their differences and negotiate. On the other hand, the EU can punish China at any time according to its own needs, and it is estimated that China may acquiesce to such punishment.”"

So yeah, a plan, which means maximise your returns at all times while double dipping. Yeah not sure that's a sustainable plan. It requires the other party to be ok with it.
    I mean it was fine a few years ago with the colonies but nowadays, our trade partners might be expecting a bit more. Especially that giant that is China.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-06-22 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Well, things are always changing, but the EU had a plan in place before this new cold War. They signed up a major investment agreement not long ago. Problem is deals are starting to have no value under this new branch of psychocapitalism we live in. Italy for example, signed up on the New Silk Road project. Most likely going to be scrapped under the (non elected) much more US alligned new government. Banning Huawei from European 5g infrastructure also makes absolutely zero sense from any point of view, economic, moral, political whatever. It's still happening. We are very vocal in this new cold war the US are starting and we take active part in the game.

So, we might have a different plan but not sure how effective it'll end up being if we keep on following the warmongering yanks. I hope it is effective.

Your article touches on that too.

"Beijing’s hope was not to be. What surprised China is that the EU never regarded the CAI as a political agreement. Having forced Beijing to concede on key points, the bloc did not hesitate to walk over China’s most salient red lines. On March 22, the EU joined the U.K. and the U.S. in imposing sanctions aimed at Chinese officials believed to be involved in human rights violations in Xinjiang province"

And also

"Liu Zuokui of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences expanded on the feeling of frustration in a conversation this week: “In other words, on the one hand, the two sides should overcome their differences and negotiate. On the other hand, the EU can punish China at any time according to its own needs, and it is estimated that China may acquiesce to such punishment.”"

So yeah, a plan, which means maximise your returns at all times while double dipping. Yeah not sure that's a sustainable plan. It requires the other party to be ok with it.
    I mean it was fine a few years ago with the colonies but nowadays, our trade partners might be expecting a bit more. Especially that giant that is China.
    The agreement was never ratified by the EU parliament, so EU never signed up on the investment agreement. The moment China sanctioned Reinhard Bütikofer, the chair person of the parliament's delegation for relation with China, and 4 other MEP members, that agreement was pretty much dead.

Basically, it is a waste of 7 years of negotiation and 30+ meetings.

Starve their economy.

Which Trump started to successfully do.

But USA voted him out.....

Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    Starve their economy.

Trump didn't successfully do anything, in fact, with the tariffs, China had the biggest trade deficit with us than we have ever had in our history of trade. Nothing Trump did, effected much of anything with China. They are our primary country that buys soybeans, so instead they went to places like Brazil that sold to them.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    Starve their economy.

I don't see this tactic as politically sustainable. Our economy rides high off cheap Chinese labor. The economic hit would have to be paired against some insane Chinese policy, although the continuing concealment of COVID-19's origins and the imprisonment and rape of a million Uighurs should've done the trick.

The trouble politically right now, as in past leadups to war/major confrontation, is persuading the American people that it's worth it now to take steps in sanctions that makes everything more expensive and reduces your pay and luxury. Trump stood no chance of maintaining an effective check on China, and probably only wanted some public deal for propaganda. Nothing will work in Congress beyond some "anti slave labor" bill targeting the Xinjiang province, and even that one's dicey.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump didn't successfully do anything, in fact, with the tariffs, China had the biggest trade deficit with us than we have ever had in our history of trade. Nothing Trump did, effected much of anything with China. They are our primary country that buys soybeans, so instead they went to places like Brazil that sold to them.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
    A single iPhone is tallied at a factory price of $300 per phone when it arrived at a US port of entry. Despite the fact that the majority of the parts were manufactured in US, Korea, Taiwan, EU and Japan, and less than 5% were actually manufactured in China, as the county of origin where the phone was assembled, the entire $300 is chalked up on China's ledger. In return, China bought a lot of agricultural products from the US. The problem is that a single iPhone is worth around 30 bushels of soy beans, or about 1,800 lbs. A container of iPhone is worth an entire cargo ship load of soy beans.

That's the real reason why the trade deficit between China and the US has grown so large. Not because of the cheap 3 for $10 t-shirts or the rubber flip flop at Walmart. In 2017, the iPhone 7 series added $15.7 billion to the U.S. trade deficit with China, which was about 4.4 percent increase. Now add to that all the other electronics from Microsoft, Dell, etc.