10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Honestly Ngolo Kante may have been the best buy of the century. He was crucial for Leicester and he has been even more crucial for Chelsea, they should be naming the stadium after him.

Pretty good game, maybe Chelsea will buy a striker this summer so they can put games to bed.
    Kante is pretty important for France as well, one of the best players in Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one City player taking their medal off as soon as it's put on, that's an odd sign of mentality.

Also it dawns on me, Lampard gets a medal, right?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most certainly agree about Kante, great player.

Grats to Chelsea, Bobby B probably running down the street naked right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Only one City player taking their medal off as soon as it's put on, that's an odd sign of mentality.

Also it dawns on me, Lampard gets a medal, right?
    And Havertz bite into the medal to look if its really gold ^^.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    And Havertz bite into the medal to look if its really gold ^^.
    I mean you never know, could be a chocolate coin. Nom nom.

Its a wonder PSG havent thrown a chequebook at Kante tbh, you'd think having France's best player in a french league would be important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish we had someone with an ounce of tactical knowledge like tuchel managing United.

Kante was definitely a great but and lamps wasted him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I just wish we had someone with an ounce of tactical knowledge like tuchel managing United.

Kante was definitely a great but and lamps wasted him.
    Yeah, even though I much prefer Ole to Mourinho, I definitely wouldn’t mind someone like Tuchel at United too. The EL final showed how Ole still has a lot to learn.

Kinda feels dirty but I’m so glad Chelsea won, not only because I dislike Man City, but Tuchel really deserved it. Great manager.

The change from Lampard to Tuchel is day and night proof of the difference a good manager makes. Same set of players, yet under Lampard you had a team that didn't look like they were winning anything and with Tuchel they won CL and could be seen as having a very realistic chance of winning PL next season.

In contrast, us having Ole makes next season feel like we're coming to the race in a Volvo lining up against Formula 1 cars.

Inject it into my fucking veins

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Yeah, even though I much prefer Ole to Mourinho, I definitely wouldn’t mind someone like Tuchel at United too. The EL final showed how Ole still has a lot to learn.

Kinda feels dirty but I’m so glad Chelsea won, not only because I dislike Man City, but Tuchel really deserved it. Great manager.
    Tuchel is a top class manager. The huge difference between his situation at PSG and Chelsea is the attitude of the players.

The Chelsea players have a far better mentality and work as a team, which means they'll run through walls to win. PSG are well...PSG.

I have zero reason to begrudge the players or managers the victory. And yeah, they're the lesser of two evils in terms of sugar daddy teams.

That said, this final felt like a massive non-event. There's zero actual story behind the building of these two sides. It's just built from money.

Apart from like Mason Mount and Phil Foden on either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is there going to be a separate Euros thread or do we just continue here?

No idea why I decided to play a Tennis cup game on the morning after a Champions League final...urgh.

What an incredible game. Those last 20 minutes were the tensest I've felt since I can remember.
    Bragging rights over City for the foreseeable future.

What a manager Tuchel is. Absolutely mad.

Best thing is, it's not over yet. We've got the Euros to look forward to. BBQs, pub gardens and hopefully a bit more of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7X2Hh-iTw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So is there going to be a separate Euros thread or do we just continue here?
    New thread. Then I'll keep this one for summer transfer talk and nix it before next season. Time we had a new thread.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    No idea why I decided to play a Tennis cup game on the morning after a Champions League final...urgh.

What an incredible game. Those last 20 minutes were the tensest I've felt since I can remember.
    Bragging rights over City for the foreseeable future.

What a manager Tuchel is. Absolutely mad.

Best thing is, it's not over yet. We've got the Euros to look forward to. BBQs, pub gardens and hopefully a bit more of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7X2Hh-iTw
    Those last 20 minutes even had me on the edge of my seat, as pretty much a neutral. Can only imagine how you felt.

And yeah, I get the feeling we’re slowly but surely starting to get back to some sort of normality in real life. It’s still going to take time, but hopefully this is already the start of the end of this pandemic. Definitely looking forward to the Euros and watching games with friends and a cold beer on a nice summers day

15+ Year Old Account
    Ancelotti returning to Real Madrid Didn't see that coming and kinda feel bad for Everton, but I suppose if Real Madrid come knocking at your door...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    PSG gazumping Barca. Been a while since I've seen a good one.

KDB PFA player of the year? He wasn't even the best in Man City, dodgy as hell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    KDB PFA player of the year? He wasn't even the best in Man City, dodgy as hell
    Have to agree. Definitely seems odd.

gareth is englands main problem. Bad selection, bad tactics, playing everyone out of position, england still cant score from open play unless the opposition is largely inferior (faroe islands level). So they do score from free kicks/corners/pens. And he doesnt take JWP. What a fucking moron.