Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way Belarus treats their journalists is unacceptable. They should do like we do, lock em somewhere, throw away the key and never talk about them again.
    Pft... Beginners!

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I didn't know that Russia sees itself as that powerless. It also disproves your statement that she wasn't mentioned, however, the main focus from many have been the hijacking of a plane between two EU countries by the terrorist state Belarus.
    You love to use strong words for relatively harmless intelligence operations.

One man's terrorist another man's freedom fighter.
    EU harbors quite many freedom fighters of questionable beliefs.

However, the point is that even if hijacking him could be justified that doesn't justify Belarus hijacking a plane between two EU-countries (and kidnapping his girlfriend "for reasons").
    Why not? All you had is 6 hour delay of one plane.

...and shattered perception of EU importance being a shield against such operations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Can you buy democracy? Is it for sale to the highest bidder?

That's not the issue. A country brings down an EU passenger plane and the EU offer them 3bn euro for their trouble. If they bring down another do they get a 6bn offer? It's EU sponsored terror and madness.
    I know that you often struggle with understanding English so let me help you out once more. It's an offer to help with the transition away from being a dictatorship that uses acts of terror to get a hold of dissidents. So it's the exact opposite of what you understood.

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    There is nothing healthy in transitioning like this. Look at Ukraine, still crippled by corruption.
    Right, corruption is apparently worse than living under a dictatorship, got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You love to use strong words for relatively harmless intelligence operations.

EU harbors quite many freedom fighters of questionable beliefs.

Why not? All you had is 6 hour delay of one plane.

...and shattered perception of EU importance being a shield against such operations.
    Except when it suits them then its all ok for the EU to force, Belarussian style, foreign owned passenger planes to the ground. Perhaps Lukaschenko thought what was ok for the EU to do is ok for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evo_Mo...nding_incident

EU hypocrisy at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I know that you often struggle with understanding English so let me help you out once more. It's an offer to help with the transition away from being a dictatorship that uses acts of terror to get a hold of dissidents. So it's the exact opposite of what you understood.

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, corruption is apparently worse than living under a dictatorship, got it.
    I'm sure Ukraine is way better now after 10 years of civil war, the rich Easter side in bits and fuck all changing. Or Libya. Oh they're really doing well!

dEmOcRaCy!!

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Except when it suits them then its all ok for the EU to force, Belarussian style, foreign owned passenger planes to the ground. Perhaps Lukaschenko thought what was ok for the EU to do is ok for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evo_Mo...nding_incident

EU hypocrisy at its finest.
    At which point did the EU used a bomb threat to force a plane to the ground ?

You love to use strong words
    Because they are appropriate to the situation. That's why the airliner, and most of the rest of Europe and the US are also using strong words, and actions.

It was a hijacking of a plane by the terrorist state Belarus, in order to kidnap a passenger flying between two EU countries.

However, all I see from you are disinformation and lies - and no admission of guilt when the lies are exposed, like when you just claimed that no-one mentioned the Russian girlfriend. That's why I've been able to twice repost the same message showing that people actually mention the things you claim they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way Belarus treats their journalists is unacceptable. They should do like we do, lock em somewhere, throw away the key and never talk about them again.
    Pft... Beginners!
    What is this dreamland where journos are safely contained?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    It was a hijacking of a plane by the terrorist state Belarus, in order to kidnap a passenger flying between two EU countries.
    Alright, it was a hijacking in order to kidnap, what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    What is this dreamland where journos are safely contained?

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about Assange.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    After the hijacking and kidnapping, the EU (and some others) stopped flying over Belarus, stopped Belarus from flying to the EU, and slapped some additional sanctions against Belarussian officials and against Belarus whose main export seems to be manure.
    Russia sort of luke-warmly took the Belarussian side without committing themselves (previously Belarus have tried to play other countries against each other for favours).

Lukashenko still remains in power, I don't see that changing - but we never know.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-05-30 at 04:20 PM.

I do note that absolutely noone from EU seems to mention activist's Russian girlfriend arrested with him...

Quite curious how such omissions work.
    That's probably because nobody gives a shit about him or his gf. As you have been told multiple times. We can't tell you to stop abusing your own citizens, but we can tell you to stop hijacking our planes and putting some 80 EU citizens in jeopardy to fuck around with one or two of your own people.

Get that into your head, we don't care about the activist or his gf. It's about OUR citizens that are totally innocent in all of this. See, this is also the reason why nobody really reacts when you talk about him being a nazi or not. Nobody gives a shit. He might be a nazi, he might not be, doesn't give Belarus an excuse to break ICAO rules and mess with our citizens.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's probably because nobody gives a shit about him or his gf. As you have been told multiple times. We can't tell you to stop abusing your own citizens, but we can tell you to stop hijacking our planes and putting some 80 EU citizens in jeopardy to fuck around with one or two of your own people.
    You're overly dramatic. There was no jeopardy as there never have been any bomb. Planes and passengers aren't placed in significant danger just by landing in another airport.

Get that into your head, we don't care about the activist or his gf. It's about OUR citizens that are totally innocent in all of this. See, this is also the reason why nobody really reacts when you talk about him being a nazi or not. Nobody gives a shit. He might be a nazi, he might not be, doesn't give Belarus an excuse to break ICAO rules and mess with our citizens.
    6 hour delay = ban air companies of entire country and close airspace.

Yeah, that still sounds mad.

I guess once you're out of sane options because you already used them before for other reasons you move to insane ones.

You'll stop "plane hijacking" that happens once in a blue moon... and leave thousands of other options, some a lot more dangerous, open.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-05-30 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about Assange.
    You really shouldn't compare Assange to minuscule shills whose "journalism" is limited to spreading narrative their operators feed them
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-05-30 at 06:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Ukraine is way better now after 10 years of civil war, the rich Easter side in bits and fuck all changing. Or Libya. Oh they're really doing well!

dEmOcRaCy!!
    A couple of mixed messages from you, apparently dictators are bad (Saudi Arabia and so on) but democracy is also bad (Ukraine, Libya) ... not that these things are comparable but anyway, funny to read your answers never the less.

Thanks for the entertainment.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

A couple of mixed messages from you, apparently dictators are bad (Saudi Arabia and so on) but democracy is also bad (Ukraine, Libya) ... not that these things are comparable but anyway, funny to read your answers never the less.

Thanks for the entertainment.
    Yes it's called being coherent. Imperialism sucks. Saudi, Ukraine, Libya.

IATA also condemns this action, bit more verbose than I've seen from ICAO, yet. But these are the two major aviation organisations and this is not just "the EU whining". Also highlights the changes to airspaces that have happened so far.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...Most+Recent%29
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's called being coherent. Imperialism sucks. Saudi, Ukraine, Libya.
    Yet here you are defending a dictatorship, odd.

Yet here you are defending a dictatorship, odd.
    It's called coherency.
    I don't support expansionism. Do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's called coherency.
    I don't support expansionism. Do you?
    I support freedom for people to chose for themselves. But I get it, you're fine with dictators killing their own people as long as they stay within their borders.

I support freedom for people to chose for themselves. But I get it, you're fine with dictators killing their own people as long as they stay within their borders.
    No you don't. There's nothing democratic with what happened in Libya, Ukraine. What you support is some sort of twisted western centric expansionism. Modern day colonialism. The kind that supports Saudi sultans in their destruction of Yemen then complains about Assad, or stays silent when Israel bombs a media building then complains about Belarus. Simply put, incoherent mumbo jumbo.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-05-30 at 07:11 PM.