Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well you are basically ruining the game for others with your "p2w" stuff (boosted characters, profession alts in tbc etc) just use your real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns.

Ever played a bg these days with all the boosted andies? Yeah much fun to play with even worse people than before. Being able to skip the ~60 hours leveling is just bad and shouldnt even exist. The mount is a big eyesore and feels out of place in tbc.

Your purchase will bring more bad stuff into the shop in the future too. Soon we will get the wow classic token. People who buy the level boost will also probably want to buy gold (and they already do) which will lead to even more bots, thank you!
    I worked with a guy, we'll call him Steve, once that was really keen on getting a promotion into a leadership role that opened up, it was his third attempt. After a round of interviews, the company decided to bring in a guy from another office. Instead of getting mad at the upper management for making the decision to keep passing him over, Steve spent months pissed off at the new guy for "taking his job."

Players that get mad at other players purchase choice are like Steve.

I have yet to see anyone on my server even talking about this shit.

People sure do love to manufacture outrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Being first place in a community event has what to do with buying in-game advantages with real moneys? This is some weird form of mental gymnastics.
    You clearly missed the joke in my first post and are taking this way too seriously.

That being said, buying gear isn't p2w and never will be regardless of how much people try to warp the definition of it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2021-05-30 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    So many rotten people here.
    Boost shouldn't be there but it is. Might as well use it.
    And that above all is the reason why microtransactions are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    ah, lamah spitter spotted

- - - Updated - - -

But it comes with the right of harassing people because they don't agree with your vision of the game ? xD
    To be fair, their vision is probably one of the main reasons Classic exists. You can't blame them for being touchy about the fact that Classic is now being made into Retail.

I don't plan on boosting but tbc is 58-70. It makes sense to get people who otherwise might not play it from 1-70 to be able to join friends.

People won't be able to tell who boosted after an hour in outland so who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You clearly missed the joke in my first post and are taking this way too seriously.

That being said, buying gear isn't p2w and never will be regardless of how much people try to warp the definition of it.
    Not sure what you mean. Every single definition I find online referring to p2w actually means buying ingame advantages with real moneys. Ingame advantages like better gear.

Buying the first-place trophy would be pointless.....

Who on earth thought the spit emote was a good idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    Besides the /spit weakaura I have literally never seen or experienced harassment by using deluxe edition items. I can say with confidence that almost everyone who's gonna play tbc at least bought the boost.

Like, I dunno, but threads like this are just hot garbage. You are complaining on the internet, because someone was mean to you and blow it up as if it's actually massive. Your thread and your ideas are just hyping up this problem and giving people ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Every single definition I find online referring to p2w actually means buying ingame advantages with real moneys. Ingame advantages like better gear.

Buying the first-place trophy would be pointless.....
    Pay 2 win came from games that heavily featured cash shops that sold items that gave advantages that were exclusively available with cash. There was literally no other way to get them, and without them you would be far, far behind and likely wouldn't be finishing up content. You literally had to pay to "win". Over time people just started slapping "p2w bad" on anything involving real money because, well, people are people, especially in WoW where people just glob onto the newest buzzword that helps them fling their rage around.

In a nut shell, if the only way to obtain an advantage is to pay money, then it's P2W. There are multiple avenues of obtaining boE gear in WoW, so it isn't pay 2 win.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At the end of the day, this is what I believe was the "innocent" idea behind it. "I didn't like Classic, but I want to play with my friends in TBC, please give me the option to boost to 58" (can BE Paladins and Draenei Shamans even be boosted?)

But at the end of the day...the ship has sailed. Boost are available also in retail for several x-pacs (mine are all still intact and NOT used). If people believe that is another thing that contributes to killing / having killed Wow...so be it and I have a Daily Blink meme to show them ^^
    Exactly. I think it's largely not a big deal and 'purity tests" to play a video game is stupid. Especially in an old game. I get people want to recapture how great they thought tbc was back in the day but it won't be the same regardless of boosts the ship has sailed on that front

15+ Year Old Account
    As a boosted animal, there's nothing wrong with making fun of boosted animals

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    It's called jealousy
    imagine being jealous of buying a store mount LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    I just don't get why people still harass other people over what they do with their money. Let's be honest here, when was the last time simply insulting someone achieved your desired end result? I know for me personally, it's more likely that I'll just keep doing whatever it was I was originally doing just to spite you at that point.
    wile i agree it doesnt achive anything and is childish,people buying store mounts 100% affects us all negativly,why are all the store mounts unique and cool models?and why are most ingame mounts recolors? the art team spends A LOT of time and resource making those shiny store mounts instead of making them for the game,linked to fun activities or whatever

ignore the poors

it is the way of society

Good. It should have always been like that.
    I have no respect for companies using microtransactions and even less for people who embrace it. Wow included. They are the scum of videogame industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Good. It should have always been like that.
    I have no respect for companies using microtransactions and even less for people who embrace it. Wow included. They are the scum of videogame industry.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    right,getting harassed=feelings hurt from not being validated kekw

granted i dont know how they were harassed,some people literaly take /spit as being harassed witch is silly
    blizzard literally put the emote in teh game, you think they'll ban you for using it?

if i /wave or /bow or /salute too many times on a dwarf as a night elf will ion stumble down and drop the banhammer on me? prolly not

there are simple rules in wow
    wake up and own noobs
    go hop on the boat and hang out with the captain capn

[=

moviepL0T

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Players who purchase those products directly promote them.
    Of course, Blizzard is at fault first and foremost, but the customers who purchase them incentivize the company to release more products of a similiar fashion.

I don't give a shit whether someone purchased the boost / mount, i think both should not exist, but in the same vein, i also do not give a shit when some people are being ostracized within the game for purchasing those services, it's damn well obvious that a lot of people are being very much opposed to it and thus those people reap what they sow.
    You should, fostering toxicity makes the community worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

lol people are out of control.

boosts are w/e

bc is a lot about rep grinds and farming, boosting a char doesnt really matter to me, i got a free one for buying the game.

gonna use to it play with my friend on a different server who's in another country rn

gonna lvl my mage on the low pop server and then xfer to play with my friends at 70.

dont think that any of these scenarios ruins the game

getting trolled and camped and greifed is part of the game, get fucking good or go play minecraft

[8

moviepL0T