Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Only toxic more towards a very specific group of people that I don't really care about.
    First they came for the Boosters, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Booster.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    awww did you get your feelings hurt? are you sad that people don't validate your purchase?

Grow up kid.
    You're telling people to grow up with a comment like that? hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    looking down and loathing people who take part in microtransaction is pretty justified
    No it's not. Explain to me why it is.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's because you're naive. The overwhelming negative response to the deluxe edition, especially the mount and even the boost itself should give you a clue of what will happen when you ride around with it surrounded by people that despise what it stands for.

Tbh I don't care all that much about the money stuff. For me it just looks out of place, it's ugly and the animations are cringe.
    people like you are the same reason I bought the sparkle pony and rode it proudly back when it was released.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    First they came for the Boosters, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Booster.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
    Literally 1984.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is fun.

This mount has 0 impact on the game. People spit on you.

Meanwhile, people running GDKP with obviously bought gold are glorified.
    Also, GDKP is probably the main reason that there are so many bots, as this activity overinflates the economy.

Maybe next time, spit on people doing GDKP, not on people riding a different mount texture. THAT has a real effect on the game, and has even ruined TBC economy already.
    Last edited by shise; 2021-05-30 at 05:30 PM.

One thing this thread has reinforced for me is that people care WAY to much about people that boost/use the shop and people that boost/use the shop care WAY to much about what people think about it. Sure, I might not like the shop but I could, in the end, not give a shit. As far as I am concerned it isn't even there because I won't be using it. But some people like purposely buy things from the shop to trigger other people? Wow.. that is some serious dedication to trolling. Some people kick people out of groups and shit all over them because they used the shop? Wow.. that is some serious dedication to trolling. But in either case it shows probably some sort of mental problems because it just shouldn't be that important. It is ok to like or not like the shop personally but this isn't a appression of people or genocide level event that requires constant political pressure and action against. People that shop at a furniture shore are ok, carpenters that make their own furniture are alright too.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-05-30 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Like i said. Yes it is possible. And i actually even wrote exactly what you said. You didn't read anything hm?

Have you ever met anyone ingame who actually geared up using RL money? Top ß,00001% maybe use it because they make more money of it afterwards through adds. But even if you do it you do not win. You have great gear but you won't be able to kill aynthing in PvE/PvP without someone Boosting you. And it is obvious for everyone who plays with you.

The P2W aspect of wow is unobtainable by the normal player. Simple as that.

Also i would coin it more as pay 2 gear... because you won't get anything out of it. You do not play anything you could win. Because you can't no matter how much gear you buy.
    Method etc buy out the auctionhouse. But mosty of their gear comes from splitruns.

People always make it out as if i have 100 Dollars lying around i can suddenly be top 1% in the game everywhere when it is simply not possible.
    I don't understand where this mentality is coming from. No one is buying first place trophies. You don't spend 100 dollars on one of those shitty p2w mobile games to have a #1 next to your name. You spent 100$ to buy power of any kind. Just like you do in WoW. You don't have to achieve anything with the power you bought.

No game ever did that. At least I don't know of any game where you can spent 100$ and be top 1%..... This whole statement is pointless. P2W is always about spending real money to gain ingame advantages. And you can do that in WoW. Simple as that. 2 equally skilled players, one buys BoE gear with real money one doesn't. Now it becomes clear who paid to "win" here.

So if some one doesn't enjoy classic leveling we should be mad at them for skipping the misery that is 1-58 leveling? I leveled to 60 in 2005 and 2018, I'll gladly take a $35 boost and save myself days played for some right of passage bs that is classic boomer logic. If they're mad about Activision making money from it, that's fine. But good god just let people enjoy TBC. If you guys love the game so much as to have such a strong opinion about boosts, you should be happy for these players to actually play and enjoy TBC with boosts rather than get to lvl 30 and never get to experience the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Uhhh yeh they were lol. "TRH" if you played then. you know what that stand for and people banned people with it from groups and guilds.
    But not enough

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    looking down and loathing people who take part in microtransaction is pretty justified
    I look down on poor people who can not afford those transactions.

I am justified to think anyone who doesn't buy it is a poor person not worth respect.

I'm conflicted.

One hand hand, I recognize that it is childish behaviour, obviously it's not socially acceptable.

On the other hand, I don't care. I don't know if i'd go so far as to /spit or name call, but I totally get the desire. The fact that support exists for things like the deluxe edition is why it will keep happening, many people don't want it to.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-30 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be cool if I could donate a part of my monthly subscription every month to owning a store mount... that'll be cool.

Sucks that for a game you already buy a sub monthly for, as well as additional expansions, that Blizzard still charge you even MORE money on additional store mounts, despite peoples freedom to want to buy those mounts the fact that it exists boggles my mind.

Now I will admit that in all my time playing WoW I did buy one thing from the store, and that was the Moonkin Hatchling when they released that back in Cata(?)

Also the mounts they put on the store are so god looking, why are these not int he game attached to some epic achievement?
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-30 at 05:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    You sound like a snowflake who entered the real world, who then realized there isnt a safespace for u.

"A statement would be brave" Stunning and brave

If its too much, there is a ignore function, im pretty sure it also ignores emotes.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

No one is actually doing it. Not on a large scale for sure.

This OP is a bait, and 8 pages of people just got caught. Nice 1 day old account as well.

And yeah, of course Blizz should be punishing toxicity and negativity. That they do not do that is nothing new as well. Too many of their devoted players are toxic POSes
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You sound like a snowflake who entered the real world, who then realized there isnt a safespace for u.

"A statement would be brave" Stunning and brave

If its too much, there is a ignore function, im pretty sure it also ignores emotes.
    Entered the real world?

I dont mind if people /spit on me ingame

I do mind when people tell others to harass someone or a group of people.

In this case is harmless
    In a billion others cases is not harmeless at all.

You know what...even if is harmless IS NOT OK, because there will always be a stupid person who tries to go further beyond to harass that person.

So TLDR:
    Asking people to harass others, even if is harmless, is never a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    people like you are the same reason I bought the sparkle pony and rode it proudly back when it was released.
    That's great! At least the guy spamming /spit on lizard riders didn't waste any money to be spiteful towards others

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Only toxic more towards a very specific group of people that I don't really care about.

So you don't care about the community being toxic and going to shit, gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find the whole spitting thing kind of funny. I got /spit on for the Dreadwake mount, despite the fact that I got it free from my reoccurring sub. and instead I just span around them in the mount and said 'lol'

Now maybe because I have experienced actual harassment that the /spit stuff seems very tame to me, I don't know. I think its funny

Good. It should have always been like that.
    I have no respect for companies using microtransactions and even less for people who embrace it. Wow included. They are the scum of videogame indudtry