Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Spitting on the people who play the game isn’t helpful. The problem is Blizzard. Also, a lot of people helped create the soulless culture in the game they hate. When people make everything revolve around min/maxing.

Blame Asmongold and his simp army, they are the reason people are getting attacked. The entire min/max culture is not limited to WoW. It is a problem with every game. "Plays will min/max the fun out of every game if given the opportunity".

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    But not enough
    Lol what a dumb take... no amount of bullying is going to stop people from doing what they want..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?
    Agreed. This whole /spit thing that Asmongold seemingly brought to WoW has always struck me as a childish & ineffective way to protest store mounts. You don't know who is on the other side of your /spit or hate-filled whisper. Is it a child who's parents bought them that mount as a gift at some point? Especially with the older mounts, there's a decent chance that someone received that mount as a kid from a loved one, who you are now spitting on because of corporate economics. Blizz won't see that /spit or that /s hatred most likely, but there's a decent chance the one spit on will.

Plus, what really does that serve now? They already have the mount, the transaction is already done. They can't take it back. So instead, you are taking to the emotes to tell them what an awful person they are for stuff they can't change based upon something that has little to actually do with them. Not like what they have has anything to do with your own personal play experience. It's just hating for the purpose of hatred.

I'm all for adding stuff like that to the harassment policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    How is a spit on the same level as a hello? O.o That's not how social interactions work.
    Not saying spit is harassment, but they are absolutely different.
    They are both super harmless emotes. If they were that harmful then Blizzard should remove them from the game. As far as I am concerned no one was complaining about a damn /spit emote before it was added to the game. This is the epidemy of making a mountain of a mole hill.

You gonna cry every time someone types /spit means you must have lived a very sheltered life. I'd be more offended if someone spit on me in real life. a spit emote means absolutely nothing. If you cannot handle a harmless emote in a video game then you are not gonna survive int he real world darling
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-30 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Okay I know who Asmon is and while I think the /spit thing is silly, I don't think its harassment in the grand scheme of things... A passing /spit is no more offensive than a passing /wave. Now if those /spit emotes were followed my threats to your house and a doxing on your computer I think thats where the line should be drawn. But crying over a /spit emote seems to be low hanging fruit as far as problems go. You have to have some pretty good privilege points to feel /spit is the worst kind of harassment to happen to you. :P
    So saying hello irl is the same as spitting in someones face then? And, if you say hello, then follow that with a threat, then its okay since you just said hello? We are there right?

No, spit is not the same as hello. Not that it's so offensive(in game) but don't say it's the same as doing a hello. A hello is nice, a spit is not.

If you are not from the Wachati Tribe of course, then spitting is polite

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    They are both super harmless emotes. If they were that harmful then Blizzard should remove them from the game. As far as I am concerned no one was complaining about a damn /spit emote before it was added to the game. This is the epidemy of making a mountain of a mole hill.

You gonna cry every time someone types /spit means you must have lived a very sheltered life.
    I don't think that's Kumorii's point. And I don't think we have to mention that we don't take people seriously when they /spit in game, but again, it's not the same as saying Hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just report them, harassment is already against the ToS and thus it is a bannable offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

First off the mount is so badly made, its slides on the ground like...come on blizz, could have fixed it before.

But yeah the /spit thing isnt much for it. Like its just a command, dont have emotes on and you wont see it.

The whispers, do people actually do that? thats a bit over the top.
    But the boost, you dont get proff at max when you get it, still need to do it from scratch. Dont mind the boost, i used one on my other char on another realm cause i didnt want to lvl all that shit again so i can actually play with my friends in tbc (only boost, not the actual deluxe stuff).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So saying hello irl is the same as spitting in someones face then? And, if you say hello, then follow that with a threat, then its okay since you just said hello? We are there right?

No, spit is not the same as hello. Not that it's so offensive(in game) but don't say it's the same as doing a hello. A hello is nice, a spit is not.

If you are not from the Wachati Tribe of course, then spitting is polite

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that's Kumorii's point. And I don't think we have to mention that we don't take people seriously when they /spit in game, but again, it's not the same as saying Hello.
    When was this about real life? Its about an emote?

I do not hold a harmless emote over being actually spit on lol. If you do then bless your sweet sweet soul.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-30 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Blame Asmongold and his simp army, they are the reason people are getting attacked. The entire min/max culture is not limited to WoW. It is a problem with every game. "Plays will min/max the fun out of every game if given the opportunity".
    If you paid attention the creator of the spit idea wasn’t him (it was mcconnell), but bald man bad, and let’s use pathos to sway argument

Clicking *Ignore* button is such an impossible thing nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    Exactly my thoughts. I mean, I boosted a toon muself, and I already have a ton of offensive harassing people I know will have a special spot on my ignore list through TBC. Wtf is wrong with people thinking they are something special just cause they spent a few days lvling

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm conflicted here- always have been, tbh. I get the argument that people buying this stuff encourages more of it and that frustrates them, but at the same time, they shouldn't be able to harass people en masse for it. The /spit thing is just kind of dumb to me, to be honest.
    I remember people being kicked from groups and even guilds for buying the transmog helms that were put in the store back in MoP.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I mean, I boosted a toon muself, and I already have a ton of offensive harassing people I know will have a special spot on my ignore list through TBC. Wtf is wrong with people thinking they are something special just cause they spent a few days lvling
    It’s because they’re immature brats and they justify it. The sad thing is they want to harp on people for buying the deluxe edition and boost, but they themselves are contributing to blizzard as well with their subscription. The whole P2W argument is null because a boost doesn’t provide an unobtainable advantage over other players.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I heard there's a weakaura that scans people's gear and /spit's on them if any boosted gear is found.
    People are actually automating spitting now. Fucking dorks lmao

Getting spit on is perfectly justified for giving Bli$$ard more money for things that should be earnable in-game (you are part of the problem). I hope those who bought it become social pariahs, are mocked endlessly, and end up blacklisted from groups.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Spitting on other players isn't and wont be against the TOS regardless of how much you wish it was. If you don't want people to see that you have the cash shop mount, don't ride the cash shop mount.
    Victim blaming at its finest.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

This stuff should have been scoured from the start
    You missed the massive movement to harass players riding the Celestial Steed, the first store mount. It didn't work because most players will either buy this stuff or don't care. You're in the minority. Be quiet.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Getting spit on is perfectly justified for giving Bli$$ard more money for things that should be earnable in-game (you are part of the problem). I hope those who bought it become social pariahs, are mocked endlessly, and end up blacklisted from groups.
    "Giving Blizzard money is bad!"

::proceeds to pay Blizzard $15/mo for access to the game::

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You seem mad. It's just a game why try to force such hateful thoughts into it?
    Not mad. Just hoping people get their just desserts. A company double dipping with microtransactions in a subscription based game is as scummy as it gets. To support that is to oust oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "Giving Blizzard money is bad!"

::proceeds to pay Blizzard $15/mo for access to the game::
    Reading comprehension is a virtue.

Let me quote the pertinent part for you, because clearly you need help understanding what was said.

"Getting spit on is perfectly justified for giving Bli$$ard more money for things that should be earnable in-game (you are part of the problem)."

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You missed the massive movement to harass players riding the Celestial Steed, the first store mount. It didn't work because most players will either buy this stuff or don't care. You're in the minority. Be quiet.
    It happened with boosted characters.. No one wanted them in their groups. But the celestial? Na, half my guild had one back in the days. No one ever thought about excluding them.

Meanwhile running with the warp stalker through Orgrimmar you get 20 spits.