Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    That's... not winning. The person(s) in first place win. This is some weird form of mental gymnastics.
    Limit also spent millions in gold in Nyalotha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Reading comprehension is a virtue.

Let me quote the pertinent part for you, because clearly you need help understanding what was said.

"Getting spit on is perfectly justified for giving Bli$$ard more money for things that should be earnable in-game (you are part of the problem)."
    The point remains: If you actually gave a shit about the money Blizzard gets from people you wouldn't pay for a subscription either. You're just mad people spend money on things you aren't personally invested in. Do you get upset when you see a Lamborghini at a Wal-mart parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    When was this about real life? Its about an emote?

I do not hold a harmless emote over being actually spit on lol. If you do then bless your sweet sweet soul.
    Hey, I was just following how you do it.

And no I don't. I also don't think /spit in game is the same as saying /hello. Those who do, well bless their sweet sweet soul.

Based off what I see in /4 and this thread (lol) it’s just a whole lotta crybabies kicking and screaming. Sadly the only plan seems to be just ignore em and move along. They’ll be back when the next boost comes out, snot streaming down their faces still.

Not mad. Just hoping people get their just desserts. A company double dipping with microtransactions in a subscription based game is as scummy as it gets. To support that is to oust oneself.

Reading comprehension is a virtue.

Let me quote the pertinent part for you, because clearly you need help understanding what was said.

"Getting spit on is perfectly justified for giving Bli$$ard more money for things that should be earnable in-game (you are part of the problem)."
    The lack of self awareness in this post is genuinely staggering.
    Last edited by perkocet; 2021-05-30 at 08:10 PM. Reason: had to add a quote cause LOL wow

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The point remains: If you actually gave a shit about the money Blizzard gets from people you wouldn't pay for a subscription either. You're just mad people spend money on things you aren't personally invested in. Do you get upset when you see a Lamborghini at a Wal-mart parking lot?
    No. Paying for a subscription is fine. But them double dipping with microtransactions when people have been asking for a way to earn a warpstalker mount through in-game means since TBC? Absolute villainy and anyone who supports that practice is a huge part of the problem. And so, I hope they get heckled, mocked, and blacklisted for their support of such a scummy practice.

Any anti cash shop "activism" that targets the players instead of Blizzard Activision is pointless and damaging to the community. It only serves to drive a wedge between players instead of putting the responsibility where it belongs, which is the company.

Any similarities to how systems that pit us against each other rather than push against them together are entirely coincidental.

No. Paying for a subscription is fine. But them double dipping with microtransactions when people have been asking for a way to earn a warpstalker mount through in-game means since TBC? Absolute villainy and anyone who supports that practice is a huge part of the problem. And so, I hope they get heckled, mocked, and blacklisted for their support of such a scummy practice.
    What the fuck is this? You're not "supporting" anything by choosing to spend your own fucking money on something you deem worthy of spending your own fucking money on. Who the fuck are you to tell anybody what is or isn't worthy of their purchase? Moreover, do you think Blizzard gives even the slightest iota of a fuck where the money is coming from? It's a fucking business my dude. Your $15/mo is the same as Timmy Moneybags' $2,000/mo spent on WoW tokens. If you want to get upset about players in the game spending money on shit in-game then you should be out on the streets joining Antifa riots and occupying Wallstreet.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Agreed. This whole /spit thing that Asmongold seemingly brought to WoW has always struck me as a childish & ineffective way to protest store mounts. You don't know who is on the other side of your /spit or hate-filled whisper. Is it a child who's parents bought them that mount as a gift at some point? Especially with the older mounts, there's a decent chance that someone received that mount as a kid from a loved one, who you are now spitting on because of corporate economics. Blizz won't see that /spit or that /s hatred most likely, but there's a decent chance the one spit on will.

Plus, what really does that serve now? They already have the mount, the transaction is already done. They can't take it back. So instead, you are taking to the emotes to tell them what an awful person they are for stuff they can't change based upon something that has little to actually do with them. Not like what they have has anything to do with your own personal play experience. It's just hating for the purpose of hatred.

I'm all for adding stuff like that to the harassment policy.
    Not sure man. It seems to be pretty effective. March on the white house thread we got going here because of it. You almost seem to want to make it a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Any anti cash shop "activism" that targets the players instead of Blizzard Activision is pointless and damaging to the community. It only serves to drive a wedge between players instead of putting the responsibility where it belongs, which is the company.

Any similarities to how systems that pit us against each other rather than push against them together are entirely coincidental.
    Yep, cause said people also pay up to play Blizzard's game while hating everything the company stands for, it seems like.

People who hate microtransactions and everything else micro something, vote with the wallet, don't let those who want what Blizzard offers them pay for the anger.

What the fuck is this? You're not "supporting" anything by choosing to spend your own fucking money on something you deem worthy of spending your own fucking money on. Who the fuck are you to tell anybody what is or isn't worthy of their purchase? Moreover, do you think Blizzard gives even the slightest iota of a fuck where the money is coming from? It's a fucking business my dude. Your $15/mo is the same as Timmy Moneybags' $2,000/mo spent on WoW tokens. If you want to get upset about players in the game spending money on shit in-game then you should be out on the streets joining Antifa riots and occupying Wallstreet.
    If you support that scummy practice then you will be called out for it in-game. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    It does point out who the real losers are.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's because you're naive. The overwhelming negative response to the deluxe edition, especially the mount and even the boost itself should give you a clue of what will happen when you ride around with it surrounded by people that despise what it stands for.

Tbh I don't care all that much about the money stuff. For me it just looks out of place, it's ugly and the animations are cringe.
    Yours boo and /spit means nothing for me! I saw what make you cheer!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yes, its an idiotic trend perpetuated by people like Asmongold, I know he can't control the actions of his massive amount of followers, but he does contribute to the issue with his " spit on store mount users " campaigns and what not.
    I'm gonna call you out. Show me where he has told his viewers to actively harass players and send them disparaging whispers over their purchase deluxe edition. If you cannot point us to a VOD, then please refrain from bringing irrelevant people up in a thread because of your irrational hateboner for some guy who lives in what is essentially a ghetto.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    This situation is just rife with immaturity.

On one hand, you have people incapable of using their wallets to make a stance and, instead, negatively turn towards other players to make their opinions clear.

On the other, you have people instrumentalizing their (fake) offense on social media to acquire some sort of clout. You're not offended, you're not overly sensitive, you're just trying to dishonestly get some sort of empowerment trip by having Blizzard cave in to your "I'm offended" farce. Do as the other ones are doing, make use of the in game tools.

If you support that scummy practice then you will be called out for it in-game. Get used to it.
    Once again, it's not supporting a scummy practice. It's paying money for something you deemed worthy of spending money on. It's no different than getting upset some dude in a Versace suit pulls up next to you in his '21 Porsche while you're blasting Tom Petty in your '88 Honda Civic. The root cause of this problem has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with thinly veiled, vacuous jealousy.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're not "supporting" anything by choosing to spend your own fucking money on something you deem worthy of spending your own fucking money on.
    Some people believing that purchasing the Deluxe Edition is worthy of harassment aside, when someone purchases the Deluxe Edition, they are implicitly supporting the practice of microtransactions in a subscription-based game. Whether you find the purchase worth the money is irrelevant, buying in is supporting the practice.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hey, I was just following how you do it.

And no I don't. I also don't think /spit in game is the same as saying /hello. Those who do, well bless their sweet sweet soul.
    then maybe Blizzard should ban/spit... and any other offencive /emote like /slap, /punch, /wrath, and the other 20 odd ones that could be deemed as 'harassment'. Fuck it let's just get rid of emotes, since any of them could be classed at harassment on a whim.

I mean good lord, unless the emote is followed with 'actual' in game harassment like name calling, racism, sexism, or doxing, or threating ones life, then I don't see the issue, and even then the emote seems the lesser of those evlls.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-30 at 08:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's because you're naive. The overwhelming negative response to the deluxe edition, especially the mount and even the boost itself should give you a clue of what will happen when you ride around with it surrounded by people that despise what it stands for.

Tbh I don't care all that much about the money stuff. For me it just looks out of place, it's ugly and the animations are cringe.
    "She was asking for it the way she was dressed"
    That right there is what you are doing the equivalent of.
    "They knew people hated the mount, so its their fault people are harassing them over it"
    Instead of blaming the victim for "Being a target" why not idk... punish the actual person doing the bad thing?
    also how the fuck does it look out of place, its LITERALLY a model from TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I don't understand where this mentality is coming from. No one is buying first place trophies. You don't spend 100 dollars on one of those shitty p2w mobile games to have a #1 next to your name. You spent 100$ to buy power of any kind. Just like you do in WoW. You don't have to achieve anything with the power you bought.

No game ever did that. At least I don't know of any game where you can spent 100$ and be top 1%..... This whole statement is pointless. P2W is always about spending real money to gain ingame advantages. And you can do that in WoW. Simple as that. 2 equally skilled players, one buys BoE gear with real money one doesn't. Now it becomes clear who paid to "win" here.
    I don't see that in wow as a tangible problem. I am sorry. Yes the possibility is there. But unachivable for 99% of the players because we cannot afford it. The Token itself is just money shuffeling around while blizz earns 5€$ more of it than they would have if the person bought their sub the normal way.
    Its a sideeffect of the token. But not one that had any real impact on the game. Sucks for method and co. but honestly idgaf about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Some people believing that purchasing the Deluxe Edition is worthy of harassment aside, when someone purchases the Deluxe Edition, they are implicitly supporting the practice of microtransactions in a subscription-based game. Whether you find the purchase worth the money is irrelevant, buying in is supporting the practice.
    I understand completely the thought process behind it; what I don't understand is why this is the line in the sand that players are choosing to create. "Some capitalism in my game is fine but not that capitalism," is one of the least intellectually potent arguments I've ever seen.