Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I know that you are only here to argue for the sake of arguing - not to discuss the actual matter, but if you had any technical knowledge you could look the token thing up yourself. The buy token page is there and running, just hidden and you can not make any purchases yet.

Here is an article about it: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...d-not-enabled/
    Your "article" link doesnt seem to have worked - all that is linked is some forum user on a random fansite talking about the same thing you are. They might introduce a token at some stage, they might not. This has been known and discussed to death since before classic was even launched. Nothing has changed.

Maybe if you link to the actual article there would be something to discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I do, because it spreads awareness. I don't like micro-transactions in my games and I don't like them being sneaked in after the game is launched.
    Why do you think its important to "spread awareness" that you are looking at quitting, after a week, and then trying to get your money back, even though you have already used the product you purchased? What "awareness" are you trying to spread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The way things are going with TBC, it wouldn't shock me that Blizzard does implement a Token. I'm keeping my eyes open for it.

I do, because it spreads awareness. I don't like micro-transactions in my games and I don't like them being sneaked in after the game is launched.

Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens. In the end I'm punished by wasting more of my time because someone else paid money not to waste theirs. Leveling my toon and ganked by a boosted 58. Grinding matts to make Thunder and the prices skyrocket on the AH due to boosts and Tokens. I'm on the moral high ground, not you.
    there is no moral high ground. its a video game product. you are just a whiner at best if you cry about digital loot lol

Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens.
    No, completely wrong - one is fraud, one is a business choosing to monetize a product in a way you personally are not happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    there is no moral high ground. its a video game product. you are just a whiner at best if you cry about digital loot lol
    My stance is very clear - if you dont like a product or service, dont purchase/use it. There is a reason "I quit" threads are not allowed around here - no one likes listening to someone whine and complain about a product they personally are happy with.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Defending what? You are living in a dream world were your twisted personal opinions are facts, and swinging wildly at anyone who dare say anything even neutral about Blizzard, let alone positive!
    You just sound like you were triggered because I criticized Blizzard. I’m not “swinging wildly” at anyone who dares say something positive about Blizzard...lol

I honestly don’t give a shit, if you’re happy as a clam with everything the company does and see no difference between today and ten years ago, then good for you dude. I really don’t care.

This a forum, I express my opinion. And I never said I thought my opinions were facts, you said that. Cause apparently you think I’m some “old person” which somehow means what I say is all delusional garbage cause what? Cause you’re “young” and that’s better I guess? Pretty thin reasoning if you ask me.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2021-05-31 at 01:00 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Cause apparently you think I’m some “old person” which somehow means what I say is all delusional garbage cause what?
    Where did i say anything even remotely like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Cause you’re “young” and that’s better I guess? Pretty thin reasoning, if you ask me.
    Now you are doing exactly what you are (wrongfully) accusing me of doing - your hypocrisy knows no end.

This is called a strawman argument - creating a made up argument that no one is making, and then proceeding to dismantle this entirely fabricated argument.

Your "article" link doesnt seem to have worked - all that is linked is some forum user on a random fansite talking about the same thing you are. They might introduce a token at some stage, they might not. This has been known and discussed to death since before classic was even launched. Nothing has changed.
    You misunderstood once again, I have never claimed the token is coming to bcc. I have just said that they have set up a buying page for it and that is actual fact. What you do with that information is up to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where did i say anything even remotely like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Now you are doing exactly what you are (wrongfully) accusing me of doing - your hypocrisy knows no end.

This is called a strawman argument - creating a made up argument that no one is making, and then proceeding to dismantle this entirely fabricated argument.
    Are you trolling me? You have to be trolling me... You said in your original reply that I sounded like an old person because of how “exaggerated” my beliefs were.

And now you’re giving me lessons on what a “straw man argument” is??? Trolololol

Ok this exchange is over. Not gonna waste my time further.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think its important to "spread awareness" that you are looking at quitting, after a week,
    Misery loves company.
    and then trying to get your money back, even though you have already used the product you purchased?
    I bought the product back in 2007, so I ain't returning nothing. The service is why I'm refunding and it sucks. Assuming they push for Tokens.
    What "awareness" are you trying to spread?
    Micro-transactions suck and I'm not going to be a part of it. Please join the cause.

Misery loves company.

I bought the product back in 2007, so I ain't returning nothing. The service is why I'm refunding and it sucks. Assuming they push for Tokens.

Micro-transactions suck and I'm not going to be a part of it. Please join the cause.
    You did NOT purchase this product - it is not for sale - it doesnt exist. You are talking about trying to reclaim the cost of 1 month sub, even though you have admitting using roughly 1/4 of it already, by contacting your CC company and asking them to refund it.

Micro transaction do not "suck", and have been in the game for well over a decade. Systems allowing those willing and able to spend cash on them have also been around since TBC - for some reason many of you have forgotten, or at least forget to mention RAF and the huge advantages it gave.

You purchasing TBC back in 2007 is completely irrelevant to the conversation, as they have not charged you again for the same product, they are asking for the same subscription you paid back then to access their product. I haven't read the terms and conditions when purchasing game time, but I don't imagine it says anywhere "if you change your mind, or want your money back, just ask! we are happy to entirely refund your money!".

Lastly, there is no "cause", just a handful of angry people upset that a company would try and make money. The overwhelming majority of people know that if they dont like the MTX of a game, they simply dont purchase them. If they feel they are in some way negatively impacting their enjoyment of the game, they simply stop playing that game and move on.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-31 at 01:45 AM.

*Find Sand*

*Insert Head*

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    *Find Sand*

*Insert Head*
    What part of "they might introduce the token" makes you think anyone has their head in the sand?

*Sky is Falling*

I remember when wow was launched in china with a totally different payment model, and some people swore black and blue that they were going to start charging us by time played, and that was going to ruin everything and wow was going to die. These people had literally no doubt in their mind it WAS happening, and pointed to china as the reason.

Im not even saying they wont introduce the token - lord knows there is plenty of demand for it, with many even on this very forum ASKING for the token to be introduced. What im saying is we have nowhere near enough evidence to make any judgement on it, as many have said this could easily be a copy/paste situation with the chinese game, or, it could be that they plan on introducing the token in the west - we have zero evidence either way.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-31 at 03:09 AM.

Who's a special snowflake??? Yes! You are Delia Verana the most gilded of all dendrites! FYI You do not own an Inn: There is a difference between role-play and reality and the ability to distinguish between the two is required if you wish to function socially.

There is a Weak Aura going around that automates the noble task of /spitting on Warpstalkers. It it shall continue to function regardless of Activision scrotum ticklers QQing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens. In the end I'm punished by wasting more of my time because someone else paid money not to waste theirs. Leveling my toon and ganked by a boosted 58. Grinding matts to make Thunder and the prices skyrocket on the AH due to boosts and Tokens. I'm on the moral high ground, not you.
    Let me preface my post by advising you check my recent post history after you read this, especially the bit where I've made my feelings and opinions on external monetization for things that should be attainable ingame, because I just get this gut feeling you're going to read half of what I write and go off half-cocked when I'm trying to give you actual advice that will keep you out of trouble.

First, that's not how fraud works. Every copy of WoW sold since 2005 has included the caveat that it features online play and that your experience is subject to change at any time. Them implementing external monetization is not fraudulent behavior, it's shitty double-dipping. You paying for access to a service, making use of the service, then putting a stop payment on your credit card, is the literal legal definition of fraud. Do not do this unless you like the idea of getting charged and tried in criminal court. The judge is not going to be receptive to your argument as you've presented it in this thread as a good reason for attempting to defraud Blizzard of an agreed-upon financial exchange they have done nothing to breach the terms of.

Second: PvP happens, if you're level 18 it doesn't matter if you get ganked by someone's boosted alt or if they came by and rolled you on their main. If getting ganked upsets you this badly, level on a PvE server.

Third, you're going off the handle on a token that hasn't been announced yet, and very likely won't make it ingame unless, like with retail, Blizzard considers the fight against gold sellers a lost cause. Note how gold sellers in retail disappeared nearly overnight once Blizzard began offering a means to buy gold without putting peoples' account at risk--the best way to combat a black market is to pull the market out from under them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    When people /spit on me for riding the mount I just "lul u poor" them and move on xD

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    It's called jealousy
    Yeaaah gonna go ahead and call bs on that one. Never have I seen anything close to jealousy related to a store mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    It took me a long time to realize it but Blizzard doesn't do a good job of protecting their most loyal customers from other players. I'm not sure why and I acknowledge it may be an impossible task but the fact remains, if you play a Blizzard game, you will be mercilessly harassed by people who think they're better than you because you made a purchase and they didn't. It's an awful community to be a part of and I wish I had figured it out years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How was this never an issue with the other CEs over 16 years?

Yes..even in Vanilla we had a CE..was that acceptable because it "only" had a pet? Pet...mount? What is the difference? Sure, there was no shop, that came in TBC, but even then...I never have hear complaints about CE content, not even about the mount and transmog added in SL (and by then, ppl were having problems with pretty much anything in WoW)

Apart from whatever fallacy it is that wants to make us believe that anyone who buy a CE also "use ... real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns."
    Because now we live in a society where all that matters is how many buzzwords you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yeaaah gonna go ahead and call bs on that one. Never have I seen anything close to jealousy related to a store mount.
    I have - countless times - these threads are chock full of people who fit that description very well, and all these similar threads, which have been around since TBC at least, are always full of em.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Just checked ebay etc. Yeah.people have been apparently hoarding CEs with unused keys to now sell CEs for up to 1000 Euros

I think CEs used to have a limited supply when they were physical. Maybe. Last time (and only) I missed out on one was the 15th anniversary box..and that is now up for like 500 dollars.

I think I hate the people who prey on that shit. But I guess to some folks, they are the true heroes?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother. That guy...that Avatar? Literally here to troll the shit out of this place (and try to get ppl pissed of, shitpost and banned)
    Big true I dislike scalping as well, I can understand things naturally gaining in asking price as years go on but few people hoarding the items is really annoying. Leads people to more quickly become apathetic and not even divulge into spending anything.

Just /laugh back honestly. The pettiness of complaining what other people buy is always funny to me at least. The real irony is those who are mad at the deluxe buyers are still giving ActiBlizz money every month themselves.

You really want to stick it to Blizzard? Play on a private server.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.