Poll: Do you think there will be 9.3 patch?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    We already get their homebase as a Dungeon with 9.1 - Brokers are done, no chance to ever get another shot at them for a dungeon/raid/zone.
    Its a broker market. Its not their entire home base. We dont even know if its in their homebase.

" It is an eight boss instance set in a Broker bazaar."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    First, baiting isnt a healthy thing to do, but ill bite.
    SNIP
    I dont think i've ever seen this many assumptions presented as facts in one post before. Nearly every single line is an opinion, presented as a fact, used to underline the point that you met some devs in 2008 that just *cared* more for gaming.

I dont believe you. I reject your hyptothesis and the reason i can do that is that you havent presented a compelling piece of evidence.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I dont think i've ever seen this many assumptions presented as facts in one post before. Nearly every single line is an opinion, presented as a fact, used to underline the point that you met some devs in 2008 that just *cared* more for gaming.

I dont believe you. I reject your hyptothesis and the reason i can do that is that you havent presented a compelling piece of evidence.
    Lol, he even still repeats "9.1 will be at least August" thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its crazy to me that kel’thuzad is in this xpac and not even a final boss. Hell, he is big enough in the lore to deserve his own xpac. Kt is WAY more interesting than zovaal.
    He wasn't originally written by the current team AND he isn't Alliance, so he's going to be mercilessly killed. Or maybe just completely butchered as a best scenario case.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The real harsh facts it that it wasn’t some dream team working on it from 2005-2012 people were coming and going within the company and people were moving to others teams for other games in development.

There was never a golden team that worked on all the best years of wow only to be tainted by activison and be split up that’s just a fantasy fans have made up.
    35 people put together Wrath of the Lich King which hit its peak of about 12 million people. They now have over 200 people working on retail and have never hit that level of popularity since. That team was not the golden team because gold is not worth a fraction as much as what those 35 people produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    He wasn't originally written by the current team AND he isn't Alliance, so he's going to be mercilessly killed. Or maybe just completely butchered as a best scenario case.
    We killed him in WC3, we killed him again as an expansion boss in Vanilla and we killed him again in wrath. We will now kill him again in SL.

I think he has had the representation he deserves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    35 people put together Wrath of the Lich King which hit its peak of about 12 million people. They now have over 200 people working on retail and have never hit that level of popularity since. That team was not the golden team because gold is not worth a fraction as much as what those 35 people produced.
    No. https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/20/21...ment-chaos-wow A developer release a book on the topic and has the original vanilla team at 40. It was around 60 by launch. There is no way that WotLK as the third expansion would shrink the development team to less then the original pre-launch vanilla size.

Stop romanticizing ghosts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    We killed him in WC3, we killed him again as an expansion boss in Vanilla and we killed him again in wrath. We will now kill him again in SL.

I think he has had the representation he deserves.
    One of the rare cases where I absolutely agree with you. This time he even has the supporting cast with Kaelthas that gives him some actual backstory representation ingame, unlike his last 2 outings. Giiving him yet another raid seems overkill. At least I hope we won't have naxxramas 3.0 this expansion.. twice was enough.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

If it was the old Blizzard then sure, they'd may postpone the next expansion and do a 9.3.
    But these days it's mostly Activision that rules so who knows what'll happen...

Personally I'd rather see SL done and over with, the story isn't interesting and generally stupid. Also hope the writers will be replaced for the next expansion and that we'll be back in Azeroth without them upping the threat even more. No more gods n what not to fight, it's getting silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I seriously doubt we'll get a 9.3

The Jailor is obviously going to fulfill his plans at the end of 9.1. Remember he has a incripted model that is prob like that leaked jailor art. So that means 9.2 we'll have to stop him and he's confirmed to be the final boss as per one of the most recent interviews.

So no, no 9.3. I mean look at the time line for wow expansion lifespans...
    What leaked jailor art?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What leaked jailor art?
    The one where he doesn't look like a beat up dragqueen https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...y-concept-art/ .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    9.3 would mean 3 years of shadowlands which will be unacceptable to the shareholders. So logically fourth raid tier will be scrapped
    not necessarily. assuming that the patches won't be as long as this current one (which is a good assumption to make) if 9.1 runs for 5 months (July to Dec) then 9.2 runs from Dec to April then 9.3 could run until October and it would be less than 2 years.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not necessarily. assuming that the patches won't be as long as this current one (which is a good assumption to make) if 9.1 runs for 5 months (July to Dec) then 9.2 runs from Dec to April then 9.3 could run until October and it would be less than 2 years.
    Something like that was possible during Legion, when they worked on 2nd raid during Beta and on 3rd even before Blizzcon, of course it was also benefit of scraping 1/3 of WoD. Now, with all these delays? No chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The one where he doesn't look like a beat up dragqueen https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...y-concept-art/ .
    Nice, this one. Okay hmmm. Still curious why they ended up with thinking Mr Proper would look anyhow "frightening" or evil. I think some random zombie from Scholomance looks more frightening.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    While the current patch is far too long, 5 months is too short. We don't need more FOMO in this game just so you can have a 9.3 ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    While the current patch is far too long, 5 months is too short. We don't need more FOMO in this game just so you can have a 9.3 ....
    well to put it in comparison, we've just hit 6 months of 9.0 and people have been complaining for at least a month about no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    well to put it in comparison, we've just hit 6 months of 9.0 and people have been complaining for at least a month about no new content.
    I think a *confirmed* 6 month patch would be the best of both worlds. If it would drop this Wednesday, and if we would have known that for a while, the complains wouldn't have been as bad as they are now.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping yes, thinking no OP

I have to laugh at people making lore justification for the reality of content publication. First thing you learn in any good game design course / apprenticeship is that you first build the mechanics and game contents, then make up the lore around them. Other way around is a great way to shoehorn yourself into unfun game.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Frankly blizzard needs to veer away from raiding as a direction for the games future, it has hurt it since WoD and they need to move away from it and focus more on the content/story of the expansions, go for a more solo narrative experience but world content experience like 14 has in the form of raiding being side content, not main content.

This would benefit wow immensely as it'd allow them to actually keep the focal part of the story central to the champion's journey but focus less on wasting time making the entire raiding scene the primary thing.

Also, get rid of LFR, and Mythic, go back to Normal/Heroic raiding, and get rid of Mythic tier dungeons and make Heroic+ the end tier.

Less is more sometimes, and wow would benefit alot from a less-is-more approach.

Use this to make more smaller patches from 10.1 to 10.10 even, with alot of filler points and a few raids -imbetween- them.
    You make it sound like this is an either-or-scenario. That's actually a big misconception, because from an organisatorical POV raids can be designed almost independently from other things. The same is true for dungeons, BGs, Arenas etc.
    There is a saying in software development that basically says "2 woman can not give birth at half the time", which refers to the fact that more developers do not necessarily mean a product can be shipped faster, but if the feature set allows it, expanding the team can work superb. We could even get 2 new Raids per tier, as well as new dungeons and a lot of open world content.
    It would just reduce the profit they make.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well there's nothing stopping blizzard from pulling something out of their ass to extend things to 9.3 if they really wanted. The story makes no sense anymore anyway.