Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-05-31 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Removed Spam/Meme Link
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What the fuck is this? You're not "supporting" anything by choosing to spend your own fucking money on something you deem worthy of spending your own fucking money on. Who the fuck are you to tell anybody what is or isn't worthy of their purchase? Moreover, do you think Blizzard gives even the slightest iota of a fuck where the money is coming from? It's a fucking business my dude. Your $15/mo is the same as Timmy Moneybags' $2,000/mo spent on WoW tokens. If you want to get upset about players in the game spending money on shit in-game then you should be out on the streets joining Antifa riots and occupying Wallstreet.
    I'm sure if Blizzard would start selling raid gear for money, there would be a lot of people willing to buy it. But that doesn't make it right, in the eyes of majority of players. Such people should be despised, ridiculed and shamed for buying gear, so they will never do it again. Same thing apply here over deluxe mount, if you bought that mount, part of the package is being despised by majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm sure if Blizzard would start selling raid gear for money, there would be a lot of people willing to buy it. But that doesn't make it right, in the eyes of majority of players. Such people should be despised, ridiculed and shamed for buying gear, so they will never do it again. Same thing apply here over deluxe mount, if you bought that mount, part of the package is being despised by majority of players.
    i everyone who cant differentiate between buying gear("power") and buying a cosmetic should be shamed forever until they learn the difference.

You say a lot without actually saying why it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    i everyone who cant differentiate between buying gear("power") and buying a cosmetic should be shamed forever until they learn the difference.
    Is a higher level not power?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    It's literally a one time boost. You cannot do it more than once. So who cares? Blizzard wants to lower the entry barrier to Burning Crusade to get these people to play who didn't want to or who didn't have the time to play classic. Brining more people into the community.

Allowing access to players who don't feel that leveling for 100+ hours in irrelevant content is the epitome of fun is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Pretending that it's now already set in stone that buying boosts to 58 will become a baseline shop feature is fear mongering, nothing else.

Also, this is disgusting:

You blame the community to take what is offered by blizzard and want to punish the players instead of unsubbing and actually punishing the company offering the services that you have a problem with? This is the definition of being toxic.
    Oh I m not subbed. I bought enough tokens when their gold price was still normal in the very beginning to keep my account up for a long ass time. And I did so thinking that some were just passively placed in the AH by blizzard before learning every single one is bought by players. But back on topic:
    Yes I do blame the community to some extent. And before you make a real world analogy that does not apply here to justify why you called my view disgusting. We are talking about a GAME with an OPTIONAL purchase. To put some context:
    It would be disgusting if I started blaming consumers for the environmental crisis because they used fuel by Cell. That is because car fuel today is a necessity and many people do not have a choice of where to get it from. Cell is responsible for a tremendous amount of greenhouse emissions and blaming the consumer on an individual level without holding cell accountable would indeed be disgusting.
    It would not be disgusting however to blame consumers for giving into optional predatory services that should either be given for free for paying your sub fee (character copy to tbc) or not exist at all. Dumbass consumers who do not know what to do with their money enable these practices to nurture and prosper. And this is not fear mongering. People were literally saying the same thing years ago in WoTLK and look at where retail is today. People were fearing things like these might creep into classic and look at what is happening right now. Why should I believe that this will stay a one time thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    only as much as they apparently affect the psyches of some posters who actually take offense at things like emotes and being kicked from groups by players who don't want to group with them anyways
    Except that one group is at the receiving end, while the other group are aggressors.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I dont see the "boosted chars have shit gear" argument at all. Did you see the world first kills in classic raids? It was several people on lvl 58 with deadmines gear. Yes I am referring to Apes kill in MC and Ony. Why the fuck you need better gear for a 58 dungeon is beyond me ������

Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    I dont see the "boosted chars have shit gear" argument at all. Did you see the world first kills in classic raids? It was several people on lvl 58 with deadmines gear. Yes I am referring to Apes kill in MC and Ony. Why the fuck you need better gear for a 58 dungeon is beyond me ������
    Because nobody cares about the gear unless you re queuing for a BG. People just dont want to play with people who boosted.

If you boosted a char, put all assholes on ignore. Not worth to spend time and energy on them. Find people who want to do content with you. They can come here to complain instead and be miserable. You can argue all you want, but you Will not be met with the slig test argument, and all your argument will be invalid from the start. Enjoy TBC, see you on the other side of the dark portal :*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Because nobody cares about the gear unless you re queuing for a BG. People just dont want to play with people who boosted.
    Yea, and then thats fine. I got no issues on my boosted toon to join anything. Only a handful of offensive poople, and thats fine. I dont need to join their holy circle jerk on my alt.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    A: source pls
    B: then why do you play on classic servers anyway? blizz is such a naughty naughty company, why do you support this? dont you have any principles?
    C: wrong. they just need to DEFEND their ip. they could just sue every private server and their rights would be protected. no need for their own servers.
    They're not protecting their IP very well right now, I just saw an ad on youtube for a private server

Lmao

If you boosted a char, put all assholes on ignore. Not worth to spend time and energy on them. Find people who want to do content with you. They can come here to complain instead and be miserable. You can argue all you want, but you Will not be met with the slig test argument, and all your argument will be invalid from the start. Enjoy TBC, see you on the other side of the dark portal :*

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, and then thats fine. I got no issues on my boosted toon to join anything. Only a handful of offensive poople, and thats fine. I dont need to join their holy circle jerk on my alt.
    Your ignore list has a limit. Good luck tho. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Is a higher level not power?
    you are referring to the boost (which the poster i quoted didnt), but i will answer you regardless.
    buying the boost is "pay to skip". you "skip" the tedious leveling process. its a timesaver.
    unlike the classic "pay to win" which would be buying power (gear, etc)

if you think buying a boost is "buying power" try going into a bg with your boosted gear

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They're not protecting their IP very well right now, I just saw an ad on youtube for a private server

Lmao
    dont need to sue everyone, just enough so they dont lose their ip. but im sure, if the server gets big enough, they will get mail from blizz
    Last edited by lagiacrux; 2021-05-31 at 10:29 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

You re honestly doing people a favor

1+ Year Old Account
    Okay friends, how does this work... you know I am not actually an Innkeeper, I am just a cleaner, aspiring to be one though. I heard of this platform where you can voice your worries and decided to give it a go. I didn't expect it to blow up like this.

The conversation has been contagious and derailing to say the least. That's totally fine but some of it is on me so let me add in a few things.

First of all, if you think a little roleplaying to drive your point is cringe... wow, you are cringe. HAH, the perfect argument. One point to Delia!

I don't actually own the mount, not that you'd care nor believe me but just putting it out there. Whether or not I agree with it's existence was irrelevant from the start. I actually did witness a situation like this from the warmth of soon-to-be my Inn. People like this do exist and this was not the only occasion I've seen. Perhaps I've been unlucky to witness multiple of them, that I cannot know.

Using the /spit emote is not and I think can agree, should not be ban-worthy. That's why I said "/spit is one thing ... but ...". Intent does matter though. There is a place for /spit banter and then there are places where it is abused. I don't think it should exist at all but hey, here we are. You can make arguments about automating it to target certain people but that is ultimately up to Blizzard to work around - or not to do so.

Harassment is punishable and that is what I wished to shine light on. I stand by my statement, it should not be tolerated. If you honestly think there is any ground to attack other players in game because of something that you do not agree with... well I hope you are better in other walks of life. Not everyone is aware of any controversy around in-game shops nor should they tbh. It's a game, made for entertainment. I know, bewildering, right? Those not aware are most likely kids and you take it on them? smh

Questionable public shaming is not right. It's abusive and it is harassment. Just don't be dumb. I am glad to see many here who still have common sense and compassion in them. Please do report this behaviour, even if you are just a bystander. It does affect us all when people have the audacity to go the extra mile. Take your problems to feedback, don't hate the player. If you can't enjoy what the game has become... there is a classic statement for that but I can't remember it right now.

I would LOVE to add in one more thing and you can't stop me. If you think I am your enemy simply because I do not have the energy to campaign against the new age coming to a replay of something I lived through already, shame on you. If it means that I am a Blizzard shill, so be it. If it means I am to blame when more gets added, so be it. I know what to do at that point. Times change but abusive and entitled people do not. Don't hate the player. You are only going to turn me against you.

I will leave you with a puzzle. If you were to believe that Blizzard only cares about how much money they can milk out of me, do you think they would stand by your freedom of expression? Or do you think instead they would love to make their "whales" feel safe? It's not that black and white by the way.

Also as a side note, I am gathering names to my initiative. If you wouldn't mind, drop by in Tarren Mill and sign, I would very much appreciate it. You see, I don't think the current Innkeeper is doing a very good job and I think Tarren Mill deserves an Innkeeper that can make good use of all the new Blood Elves passing by. I have many years of experience in the service sector and during my endless years in undeath, I have come up with many ideas to improve our cozy Inn.

Love,
    Delia

What is possible is not equal to what is efficient.

When i can clear Strat live in 30 minutes than 40 minutes, simply because i selected the right people who whispered me with "inv", i consider that certainly the superior option.
    Not to mention that a geared character can potentially compensate a fuckup such as pulling another pack.

After all, a 3H MC clear isn't exactly what most people consider "a good run".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    A. Classic has more players than Retail so shut it.
    B. I came from private servers and can go right back. Monetization doesn't keep classic alive, but my desire to play the game does.
    C. If Blizzard didn't bring back classic then they risk losing their copyright, due to private servers. They had no choice but to bring it back.
    1. Source?
    2. So just fucking quit
    3. Not how copyright law works mate, do some research...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Could you be so kind to link me where Blizzard states how Classic was/is supposed to be "different"?
    Could you also be so kind to link me where Blizzard states what criteria you are supposed to use when you make your own group, both in Retail and in Classic?

- - - Updated - - -
    You don't have the right to be invited to other people's group.
    Other people can invite or not invite you on based on whatever criteria they want.

If someone doesn't want to invite boosted people to his group then Blizzard 100% supports him in that. Whether that is stupid or not is a completely different matter.
    Nobody is talking about the right to anything. And the requirements for dungeons are visible, for Strat its being level 58-60

I understand peoples reason to mock other people who buy mounts. I dont understand peopels reason to buy a mount. I think the /spit emote is a weird thing to have in the game at all. I dont think mocking people in an mmo should be a bannable offence. Offensive language is still a thing

But they're not selling gear. It's a fucking mount. What is this argument?