9.1 Boomkin Covenant

Looking for advice.

It is too early to tell if the changes mentioned will stay or if they will re-evaluate and make more changes for boomkins. However, where we sit now with the announced new leggos as well as the changes. Are we sure that NF is still going to be the superior cov choice for boomkin? A follow up question, is there a serious possibility that Kyrian could contend with dmg?

To me, I almost feel like the nerf to BoAT, if it stays, will make NF almost at a closer equal or even lower dmg output as Kyrian and that would be after scrambling for stat changing. The reason I feel this way is... As noted in multiple guides Convoke was abnormally powerful with BoAT as the Leggo. With the nerf coming to boat, if people want to continue to use BoAT, the obvious idea would be to weight the crit stat more.

When weighing crit more may lower the mastery and verse and Haste depending on what the experience is after the change. With lowering Mastery, Verse and haste and with the idea that Incarnation spec for 10 percent crit could this potentially lower the amount of damage overall that NF added to Boomkin? I would have to assume, that the above would result with a slower game play due to haste lost with starlord out of spec as well.

Also, with the new convoke leggo, if that sits as announced, could cause BoAT to be replaced. This will severely kill crit and that convoke with BoAT dmg combo. Would this be thought as a dps gain enough to also not think kyrian would be a potentially better dmg cov?

All of what is mentioned above leads me to believe that Kyrian could get close to contention in dmg to NF. Or make it more Ok to be kyrian as a cov for boomkin.
    Last edited by lupin; 2021-04-15 at 03:56 PM.

NF for sure, convoke is still imbalanced on boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by YourDPShelper View Post
    NF for sure, convoke is still imbalanced on boomkin.
    I second this. Christ I hate NF boomies ...

Quote Originally Posted by KFPE View Post
    I second this. Christ I hate NF boomies ...
    Why? It's in general considered the most fun covenant ability. Also, the lore, theme and aesthetics match the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Why? It's in general considered the most fun covenant ability. Also, the lore, theme and aesthetics match the class.
    Which is really weird to me, honestly, because it's just a very long channel that fills your resource bar and shooting spells at completely random targets. The lack of control and long channel are both big downsides to me. I guess it's visually impressive? But that doesn't make an ability "fun" to me on its own.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Which is really weird to me, honestly, because it's just a very long channel that fills your resource bar and shooting spells at completely random targets. The lack of control and long channel are both big downsides to me. I guess it's visually impressive? But that doesn't make an ability "fun" to me on its own.
    I enjoyed it as bear. When kitting I could get away with going into humanoid form + Resto Afinity/Heart of the Wild and top of the group if the healer had some sort of issue. It's the most versatile for all the specs.

The other abilities are barely noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I enjoyed it as bear. When kitting I could get away with going into humanoid form + Resto Afinity/Heart of the Wild and top of the group if the healer had some sort of issue. It's the most versatile for all the specs.

The other abilities are barely noticeable
    That's not the same as it being fun, though. Venthyr actually requires you to pay attention when you use it so you don't eat the backlash. Convoke is just fire and forget.

Currently Venthyr sims best on ST and AoE with the new Venthyr leggo. Balancing is still happening though, so save up your ash and wait for 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    Currently Venthyr sims best on ST and AoE with the new Venthyr leggo. Balancing is still happening though, so save up your ash and wait for 9.1
    Not like you have a choice with that one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not like you have a choice with that one anyway.
    True! Just making the point that the current Venthyr leggo is unlikely to go live as is, as it makes it an even bigger dps outlier than BoAT. Much higher skill cap though

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    True! Just making the point that the current Venthyr leggo is unlikely to go live as is, as it makes it an even bigger dps outlier than BoAT. Much higher skill cap though
    That may well be what makes them think it is okay to leave this way. Besides, Druids are incredibly lopsided towards NF right now since they have both the performance whores and the majority of the "RPers". Although i do think the latter is actually the considerably larger group. I.e. a lot of players went NF druid because they saw Ardenweald and went "this is the druid place".

With 9.1 going live next week it doesn't look like the legendaries are changing

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    With 9.1 going live next week it doesn't look like the legendaries are changing
    Quite. If the legendary was available on HC week there is a chance it would be tuned down then, but as it isn't it will probably stay as it is till 9.1.5 at least. Boomies are going to be strong for 9.1 it seems.