Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Nobody is talking about the right to anything. And the requirements for dungeons are visible, for Strat its being level 58-60
    True enough. I honestly think its mostly Blizzards fault for giving boosts pathetic gear. My guilds Paladins at 48+ had far better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    More than likely these are morons that follow wow streamers who hate store mounts and the like and they are that fanatical and “loyal” to what said streamers says that they go out of their way to be a massive dick to anyone who has said mount, I mean the sparkle pony is still hated years afterwards :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc2001 View Post
    True enough. I honestly think its mostly Blizzards fault for giving boosts pathetic gear. My guilds Paladins at 48+ had far better gear.
    Because people complained that having blue/superior gear would be too OP

Quote Originally Posted by Marc2001 View Post
    That's by design, to discourage people instantly jumping into endgame dungeons.
    The gear is good enough for questing.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Because people complained that having blue/superior gear would be too OP
    Too OP for what I wonder? In a few hours BC is launching. The first few items you gain straight out of the portal will replace most of T2/T3 gear or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Your ignore list has a limit. Good luck tho. xD
    Thanks! Havent met that many haters yet
    They seem to live in here and not in the actual game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I understand peoples reason to mock other people who buy mounts. I dont understand peopels reason to buy a mount. I think the /spit emote is a weird thing to have in the game at all. I dont think mocking people in an mmo should be a bannable offence. Offensive language is still a thing
    Yeah, I agree. Banning people for behavior is... Weird.

Its pretty simple: dont hang with people who treat you like shit IRL or in a game. Enjoy it and be with awesome people. More fun that way.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    you are referring to the boost (which the poster i quoted didnt), but i will answer you regardless.
    buying the boost is "pay to skip". you "skip" the tedious leveling process. its a timesaver.
    unlike the classic "pay to win" which would be buying power (gear, etc)

if you think buying a boost is "buying power" try going into a bg with your boosted gear
    You're looking at this one dimensionally, just because a boosted player gets their ass handed to them in a BG or doesn't top the damage meters, it doesn't mean they haven't become stronger than others. The only wall for anything in this game is time; What is the difference between buying gear vs buying levels? There isn't one, they're both just stat boosts gated behind tedious time commitments.

Go attack low level players in STV, are you not more powerful than they are now? You are becoming stronger than other players with cash. Can you not solo low level instances easier now? Can you not now use your boosted max level mage to farm gold more efficiently for further alts?

Buying gladiator is 'paying to skip' the effort required to get gladiator. What on earth is the difference? You're just using mental gymnastics to justify it because you don't consider the content that you're boosting past to be relevant. Do you consider Molten core to be relevant? Should there be ways to skip T1, 2 and 2.5 to get to the current content because it's not 'relevant' anymore? That's retail.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-31 at 11:42 AM.

Too OP for what I wonder? In a few hours BC is launching. The first few items you gain straight out of the portal will replace most of T2/T3 gear or something like that.
    Its still monday mate. Its coming out in 34 hours - or 1 day and 10 hours

"I want to consume like a mindless zombie and feel good about it"

Guys just get the spitting weak aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    "I want to consume like a mindless zombie and feel good about it"

Guys just get the spitting weak aura.
    madlad just /threaded in 2 sentences

I mean, the biggest snowflakes are currently the hypocrites who have sold boost since week 2 and no longer have a income because people used a legit blizzard service instead of their personal boosting service :'D

Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    I mean, the biggest snowflakes are currently the hypocrites who have sold boost since week 2 and no longer have a income because people used a legit blizzard service instead of their personal boosting service :'D
    Have you checked boosting prices?
    People are selling Mara / ZG boosts for 30-40g/run, whereas previously it was like 8-15g/run.

So yes, you are correct when "no longer have income" actually means "they make more than twice as much".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 11:51 AM.

Please explain how that makes them a hypocrite. If I farm ores to sell them on the auction house and Blizzard decides to sell 1000 ores for 10 bucks, would I be a hypocrite if I complained about that?

In this thread several people defend being a terrible asshole because its ruining the sanctity of muh game

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its still monday mate. Its coming out in 34 hours - or 1 day and 10 hours
    Which is "in a few hours"

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Please explain how that makes them a hypocrite. If I farm ores to sell them on the auction house and Blizzard decides to sell 1000 ores for 10 bucks, would I be a hypocrite if I complained about that?
    By telling somebody they are shit because they simply bought boost from someone other that you. That makes you a hypocrite. If you dont tell them they are shit, then you are no hypocrite.
    A boost is a boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    In this thread several people defend being a terrible asshole because its ruining the sanctity of muh game
    Yep. People like to find reasons to harass people. Nothing new.

Yep. People like to find reasons to harass people. Nothing new.
    I dunno, there does seem to be something new. People didn't harrass those with mini Diablo back in the day, or the Netherwhelp.

It's not like collector's editions are new to the game. Maybe it's the much vaunted community that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Also, it is a big difference between hating the service and the people who bought ut. I totally feel that it sucks to no longer have the same income. Hating those people wont change that they did it. Complaining is fine too, but there is no point to complain to everyone who did it. Bring it up to blizzard. They Made it available.

lol imagine believing what you just wrote.

t3 gear is on par or even better in a few slots than tbc pre-raid bis.

I'll even give you a few examples

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=30925/s...the-torn-heart
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=22983/rime-covered-mantle

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=23050/c...the-necropolis
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=27981/sethekk-oracle-cloak

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=31297/r...-crimson-order
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=22496/frostfire-robe

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=27493/g...he-deadwatcher
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=21585/dark-storm-gauntlets
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-31 at 12:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one has to buy anything via the shop and people getting pissy at other's buying a boost with a free 9g mount is fucking stupid. It doesn't affect them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    No one has to buy anything via the shop and people getting pissy at other's buying a boost with a free 9g mount is fucking stupid. It doesn't affect them in any way.
    Watch this whole discussion die in a few days and nobody will tell the difference between a boosted char and a lvld one. Its fun to see how personal people take it though.