If you can't handle mobbing, leave your job
    If you can't handle bullying, quit your school
    If you can't handle sexual harassment, don't leave your house

oh wait...
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    The reasoning behind the harassment is fucking pathetic. I've devised a quick FAQ to help those frustrated with the boosts.
    What if I just think you're a scumbag due to nothing of the below and want you make you feel miserable for paying for a mount and I don't think you should have nice things in my videogame?

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    My main takeaway here is vent is old and I'm going to go have a mild existential crisis now.
    I still own our vent server. Sometimes I log in just to hear ye olde ptt noise while i'm in this fucking discord nightmare.

Edit: Up until this xpac we used to make people download vent 3.0 (not even the current version) to raid with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

oh wait...
    Oh yes, let's equate behavior that causes depression and might lead people to suicide to some random stranger on the Internet typing /spit while having your character selected.
    A modicum of thick skin is required to survive within society, but calling /spit "harassment" is downplaying actual harassment that seriously harms the mental health of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Oh yes, let's equate behavior that causes depression and might lead people to suicide to some random stranger on the Internet typing /spit while having your character selected.
    A modicum of thick skin is required to survive within society, but calling /spit "harassment" is downplaying actual harassment that seriously harms the mental health of people.
    People have literally killed themselves because of bullying on the internet... but I guess anything to justify bullying right?

I await your response which I'm sure will only prove my point.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It objectively is not P2W.
    The top 0.0001% of the game use it to get a headstart, but that's all. And all the world-first racers do it.
    And even for normal players, the best it gets you is a slightly easier entry into normal raiding.

That doesn't buy you a win. It buys you time.
    If you "lose" to someone because they spent real money to get shitty AH gear you're just a bad player.
    No, i seem to remember when Complexity-Limit hit the BoE threshold, Stone Legion Generals just stopped fighting and let them win. /s

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Cry more. You can decide to boost for any reason, and I can decide not to play with boosters for any reason.
    IN your effort to lord superiority, you missed the point I was making. You ignorantly claimed that everyone who boosts is a bad player. Well, the majority of people boosting here likely played back in the day and are very good players. So, you are walling yourself off from a good number of good players because of the need to be a special snowflake. I can call that childish for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

oh wait...
    None of those are remotely comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    People have literally killed themselves because of bullying on the internet... but I guess anything to justify bullying right?
    Do you seriously want to call /spit bullying?
    By that logic, Blizzard effectively supports bullying because the existence of the emote.

The difference is that those people quite often go out of their way to bully others, those people spam social media account(s), dox them, etc..
    Putting aside "bullying on the internet" is a general term, someone taking / uploading a very questionable video / picture of yours, which then goes viral is not the same as /spit in WoW, not even fucking close.
    And frankly, those people most of time attack you over personal matters, not over some actions within a virtual world.

Seriously, if you cannot see the difference, you need to damn chill, because then playing a game about killing others should be an absolute no go for you.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    What if I just think you're a scumbag due to nothing of the below and want you make you feel miserable for paying for a mount and I don't think you should have nice things in my videogame?
    If you think that someone is a scumbag for buying the deluxe edition, then I hate to break it to you but you're projecting. You're the scumbag who's angry at others for buying the edition and you justify your opinion by /spitting on people.

I swear the delusional thought process of some is baffling. You can truly see the nature of the beast in moments like these, much like with the pandemic. Individuals with low emotional intelligence will always resort to personal attacks and harassment because they can't properly express or understand their emotions.

Do you seriously want to call /spit bullying?
    By that logic, Blizzard effectively supports bullying because the existence of the emote.

The difference is that those people quite often go out of their way to bully others, those people spam social media account(s), dox them, etc..
    Putting aside "bullying on the internet" is a general term, someone taking uploading a very questionable video / picture of yours, which then goes viral is not the same as /spit in WoW, not even fucking close.
    And frankly, those people most of time attack you over personal matters, not over some actions within a virtual world.

Seriously, if you cannot see the difference, you need to damn chill, because then playing a game about killing others should be an absolute no go for you.
    They input the /spit for tongue in cheek banter and cross faction pvp emoting. At least, that's the logical understanding. People taking it out of context to show their hate does constitute bullying. Everyone needs to chill to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    The irony of saying that doesn't hurt you?
    Not at all, because, unlike you, I am following Blizzard's policy on group-creation: It is 100% in the hands of the one making the group.

If he wants to make a group solely consisting of scantily clad belfs then that is his right.
    If he wants to make a group with characters that aren't boosted then it is his right.
    If he wants to invite the first that applies then it is his right.

I would never dream of telling other people whom they should invite to their group. Unlike the toxic,entitled players.
    IF people don't want to play with me, for any reason whatsoever, then it is 100% a me-problem, because I have read Blizzard's policy on group-making.

It is you who tries to enforce your own "head-rules" on how we are supposed to play and whom we are supposed to play with.

At least, that's the logical understanding.
    Or it's supposed to show disgust at the behavior of someone else, because that is the most direct and simple definition of it.
    Imagine someone stealing herbs right in front of you and you in turn type /spit, should they now call Blizzard because you bullied them and used /spit "out of context"?

This is pure nonsense, emotes are completely free game and always have been, if you don't like the emotes of some people /ignore them and move on, if they continue to make Alts in order to specifically spam you with emotes and w/, only then should Blizzard intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Not at all, because, unlike you, I am following Blizzard's policy on group-creation: It is 100% in the hands of the one making the group.

If he wants to make a group solely consisting of scantily clad belfs then that is his right.
    If he wants to make a group with characters that aren't boosted then it is his right.
    If he wants to invite the first that applies then it is his right.

I would never dream of telling other people whom they should invite to their group. Unlike the toxic,entitled players.
    IF people don't want to play with me, for any reason whatsoever, then it is 100% a me-problem, because I have read Blizzard's policy on group-making.

It is you who tries to enforce your own "head-rules" on how we are supposed to play and whom we are supposed to play with.
    Sure they can reject me for any reason that they see fit. I can also denounce them for any reason that I see fit. This is generally how a paradigm shift is initiated in a community. Point me to the link where the rules say that I cannot complain about arbitrary measures for group invites?

I would never dream of rejecting other people who ask me for an invite as long as they meet the level for the dungeon. Unlike toxic, entitled players who believe they only deserve to play with the best of the best players out there, rejecting beginners from low content.

That is literally your line of argumentation used against you, because you don't see any irony in what you're saying.

Well from "don't like it don't buy it poor fucks lmao" to "we are literally histories greatest victims" is certainly a stark 180 from the cash shop paypig whales. Didn't see that low being reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    You're looking at this one dimensionally, just because a boosted player gets their ass handed to them in a BG or doesn't top the damage meters, it doesn't mean they haven't become stronger than others. The only wall for anything in this game is time; What is the difference between buying gear vs buying levels? There isn't one, they're both just stat boosts gated behind tedious time commitments.

Go attack low level players in STV, are you not more powerful than they are now? You are becoming stronger than other players with cash. Can you not solo low level instances easier now? Can you not now use your boosted max level mage to farm gold more efficiently for further alts?
    i should have worded it differently. what i should have written was "relevant power". what powers you consider "relevant" is highly subjective. for me personally i dont consider being lvl 58 "relevant". there are no skillchecks involved in getting to lvl 58. its purely a time investment of playing "old" content.
    if blizz would have boosted people to level 70 for money, i would have a big problem with that. thats "relevant power".

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Buying gladiator is 'paying to skip' the effort required to get gladiator. What on earth is the difference? You're just using mental gymnastics to justify it because you don't consider the content that you're boosting past to be relevant. Do you consider Molten core to be relevant? Should there be ways to skip T1, 2 and 2.5 to get to the current content because it's not 'relevant' anymore? That's retail.
    buying glad is not "paying to skip" at all. getting glad is a skillcheck, you cant just invest time into arena games and you will magically get glad. no idea why you would compare those tbh.
    not sure what you mean with "skip to T1"? you mean should there be a way to buy T1 gear from the shop? i dont think so.

Or it's supposed to show disgust at the behavior of someone else, because that is the most direct and simple definition of it.
    Imagine someone stealing herbs right in front of you and you in turn type /spit, should they now call Blizzard because you bullied them and used /spit "out of context"?

This is pure nonsense, emotes are completely free game and always have been, if you don't like the emotes of some people /ignore them and move on, if they continue to make Alts in order to specifically spam you with emotes and w/, only then should Blizzard intervene.
    I'm not arguing that it's taken out of context, I would never get upset with a /spit, but it goes both ways in saying that if you don't like the mount, then just ignore it and move on. If the mount disgusts you so much and you can't take seeing it, then take care of your mental health and take a break because reacting so harshly over pixels is unjustified.

I would never get upset with a /spit, but it goes both ways in saying that if you don't like the mount, then just ignore it and move on. If the mount disgusts you so much and you can't take seeing it, then take care of your mental health and take a break because reacting so harshly over pixels is unjustified.
    You say "it goes both ways", but then you actually don't.

Because that would mean that those people that actually feel attacked by a /spit should also take care of their mental health because feeling "harassed" by an emote is also unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    buying glad is not "paying to skip" at all. getting glad is a skillcheck, you cant just invest time into arena games and you will magically get glad. no idea why you would compare those tbh.
    not sure what you mean with "skip to T1"? you mean should there be a way to buy T1 gear from the shop? i dont think so.
    If you invest time into getting better at arena you will get gladiator, it's almost inevitable. It would also most likely take the average person less time /played to get glad than it would to get 60. You are paying to skip the time you would have spent grinding; it is not different than paying for a leveling boost.

And yes, that's what I meant. Raiding in vanilla WoW is, for the most part again, a time commitment. Being able to purchase objects that boost your gear up to the minimum required level for a raid is, in my eyes, no different from buying a leveling boost.

I don't see where anyone that defends boosts can draw a line, leveling is an integral part of the game and paying to boost is is the same as paying for gear. Gear is a bi-product of tedious weekly grinds, it does not necessarily require more effort than leveling does, nor does it grant you more power than what leveling does.

Frankly, I'm starting to question why I bother with forums or even this game. Two people have an argument that comes to some sort of a conclusion and 5 posts later there's someone bringing up the same argument again because they didn't read the previous page.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-31 at 04:35 PM.

You say "it goes both ways", but then you actually don't.

Because that would mean that those people that actually feel attacked by a /spit should also take care of their mental health because feeling "harassed" by an emote is also unjustified.
    No, it does go both ways. I never mentioned it because I thought it was obvious. Pretty weak argument on your part.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear enough, if you're getting upset irregardless of your position, take a break and go outside. You shouldn't be getting so angry over a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    The point that I think they were making and that I agree with is that because this wasn't met with strong opposition from the beginning, we are all responsible that it has progressed this far.
    At first we're told it would be only cosmetics and that it won't have any effect in gameplay. Then they slowly brought it up to a boil and now we have boosts and WoW Tokens that are clearly pay to win. Now we're told it was always in the game and we shouldn't be complaining. I say what, I say what in tarnation just happened here?
    I have a very clear memory when the helmets were released of sitting in vent (yes, I'm old) with my guildies and everyone agreeing to deliberately boycott those helmets, both the free one and the purchasable ones. We all felt it was the beginning of a bad thing for our favorite game. And we were not wrong. That is the sentiment I was affirming. Not that it's cool to be mean to people today, but that this is the end result of not revolting hard enough when this process started.
    We should have put a stop to this before it got to this point. We clearly underestimated how many whales have their moms credit cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    If you cant handle /spit, then log off the internet
    This right here. If you liked the mount then why do you care what other people think? You did buy it because it looks cool right? Not to impress others with your access to your moms wallet?