NGL, as sad that scene was, it was also hilarious. One cabbage girl vs Kicky Woman in Plug Suit, who's gonna win?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Pd4: Holy moly some people shouldnt be allowed to do dungeons with a dot mechanic that needs to be removed with an item that spawn inside the dungeons, never seen so many people failing the same mechanic despite a new player (me) telling them how to get rid of the stacks from the 1st boss on aurum vale
    Ah, Aurum Vale, a dungeon that is required for the ARR Relic weapon. Prepare to do that dungeon at least one more time when you get the A Relic Reborn quest.

Pd: jesus christ the dub is atrocious, i know the scene its supposed to be touching but blondie voice actor its so bad it was really making it hard to feel sad
    They change studio after ARR from US to UK and the voice actors are MUCH better. The ARR voice acting is known to be shit.

Welp, fuck me, didnt see that twist coming, always knew pretty face was a piece of shit and this confirms it, i hope to god i can kill him along with the eva suit bitch

Edit: . . . . . . . a 8man dungeon??? really??????
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-05-31 at 08:20 PM.

Welp, fuck me, didnt see that twist coming, always knew pretty face was a piece of shit and this confirms it, i hope to god i can kill him along with the eva suit bitch

Edit: . . . . . . . a 8man dungeon??? really??????
    Must resist spoiling...

The 8 man dungeons, Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium are easy but lengthy due to unskippable cutscenes. And the Main Scenario Roulette gives off a lot of experience if you would level alt jobs.

The praetorium its the single most cancerous piece of shit to have ever disgraced the world of MMO's, fuck every single stupid fuck who thought this was good game design

10+ Year Old Account
    The praetorium its the single most cancerous piece of shit to have ever disgraced the world of MMO's, fuck every single stupid fuck who thought this was good game design
    Dear God you are annoying.
    Are you capable of normal communication at all or does your language always consist of > 50% swear words?

Yes the design of having lengthy cutscenes interwoven with combat wasn't their best idea. Luckily, thy did not repeat that mistake.

It is when you are doing it for the first time. I loved it. The FF6 feels. <3

They should have adapted NPC's for it rather than require a party and it really shouldnt be a roulette. That is the main reason people dislike it.
    But, it is not required. You only go in if you want the XP that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

They should have adapted NPC's for it rather than require a party and it really shouldnt be a roulette. That is the main reason people dislike it.
    Yeah, only doing it for the MSQ

Pd: Kek, the credits part got me

Pd2: I take back all the bad thing i said about the ending dun, crazy mofos actually gave you maggie as a mount <3
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-06-01 at 04:26 AM.

Well, it is required for the Main Story Quest... just the 1 time though.

Luckily the mistakes they made with Castrum Meridianum/Praetorium are not repeated in future expansions.

That said, I actually do enjoy running the Praetorium every now and again. Sometimes go through them listening to Devil's Lab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can A12S be easily solo'd yet for the mount ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Can A12S be easily solo'd yet for the mount ?
    Can it be soloed, yes. Easily, No.

Bard, easy AoE easy ST easy everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Can it be soloed, yes. Easily, No.
    How about via 2 or 3 people ?, I guess maybe to make it trivial you'd need to be able to skip phases/abilities
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Man you have a "rich" vocabulary lmao. Also you ll be glad to know that this does not continue later into the game with super long cutscenes in between combat. But this is literally a 1 time thing and if you re doing it for the 1st time I dont see what you find so annoying about it. You get to see the story. If you are annoyed at the narrative in a game where its one of the core things then..... yeah you know what follows.
    I m sorry I m all for discussing valid criticism about the game and trust me as a player who has been playing since ARR I have plenty. But I m starting to get mildly annoyed at this 2021 zoomer attitude where anything that takes more than 5-10 minutes to reward you or to read through is considered a slog and a waste of time. Just sit back, take a deep breath, try to relax and watch the story in between the custscenes. If you dont like that there are plenty of games for people with the attention span of a mosquito. Namely the entire modern online gaming market.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    ===Spoilers for the whole game for any newbies here. Don't read any of this.===

I haven't posted here in a long time, haven't really been motivated to given the state of the expac, but well now that the last patch is over and the dust has settled I guess I can make up my mind about ShB as a whole.

It's been so mediocre compared to the other expacs (not bad, just mediocre) that I ended up back in Classic. Bozja being basically retail WoW-lite, Garlemald being destroyed, lunar primals being less of a threat than even normal primals, Fannydanny's lukewarm IQ plans, etc, have pretty much killed it for me. And now half a year wait for the next batch of dull content and jobs because they gave up on trying to innovate once SB was over yet the cash shop continues to bulge to a size that would make Bobby Kotick blush, and a story full of characters that shouldn't even be alive anymore (Thancred, Y'shtola, G'raha, Zenos) when the thing that really grabbed my attention the first time about the game was there being actual consequences to the Bloody Banquet, that Minfilia straight up basically dies, Papalymo sacrificing himself soon after we finally reunite, actual consequences to decisions and plot points, but instead everyone just lives forever now. This has always been a weeb game, but it was a decent weeb game with somewhat realistic outcomes to the outlandish events that were taking place, now it's gone full anime and I personally hate that trash.

So yeah, unless Endwalker manages to turn it all around and actually be impressive, gameplaywise, contentwise, and storywise, I'm out. Stormblood was better, don't @me.

See ya in Outland boys.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2021-06-01 at 07:24 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I haven't posted here in a long time, haven't really been motivated to given the state of the expac, but well now that the last patch is over and the dust has settled I guess I can make up my mind about ShB as a whole.

It's been so mediocre compared to the other expacs (not bad, just mediocre) that I ended up back in Classic. Bozja being basically WoW-lite, Garlemald being destroyed, lunar primals being less of a threat than even normal primals, Fannydanny's lukewarm IQ plans, etc, have pretty much killed it for me. And now half a year wait for the next batch of dull content and jobs because they gave up on trying to innovate once SB was over yet the cash shop continues to bulge to a size that would make Bobby Kotick blush, and a story full of characters that shouldn't even be alive anymore (Thancred, Y'shtola, G'raha, Zenos) when the thing that really grabbed my attention the first time about the was there being actual consequences to the Bloody Banquet, that one character straight up died and another died soon after we finally reunite, instead everyone just lives forever now. This has always been a weeb game, but it was a decent weeb game, not it's gone full anime and I hate that trash.

So yeah, unless Endwalker manages to turn it all around and actually be impressive, gameplaywise, contentwise, and storywise, I'm out. See ya in Outland boys.
    Oh no.... anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have adapted NPC's for it rather than require a party and it really shouldnt be a roulette.
    Don't think they had the technology back then.
    They could have reworked it in NG+ though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

So yeah, unless Endwalker manages to turn it all around and actually be impressive, gameplaywise, contentwise, and storywise, I'm out. Stormblood was better, don't @me.

See ya in Outland boys.
    Well considering Endwalker will have us go against two villains you don't care about I wouldn't hold my breath. Enjoy your stay in Outland. It will be a long one. Not trying to be rude, you understand. Just tempering your expectations. Two characters you don't care about will try to kill all the other characters you don't care about. It won't work for you. And that's fine. Game's not for everyone. You gave it a chance. Cool. Your opinion aside, that already makes you better than half the board here in my book.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Just tempering your expectations.
    Ha, I hope that was a pun
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The whole game (minus endwalker) is 60% off, god damn thats a good offer