Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Dude raised hundrend thousands for charity, why trash him?
    Because he rallys his community of brainless sheep to harass people?

Not to mention that if there is any kind of negativity related to blizzard or wow, even if it is just a tiny thing, he fans the flames to agitate his viewers to monetize on it.

Lets face it, hes a hypocritical piece of shit that jumps on any hate bandwagon he sees to make money, yet simultaneously complains about mtx/tokens, etc.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-05-31 at 04:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    This is snowflake epeen territory. Nothing is unique in the game anymore. In game or shop purchased. Removing the shop would not change that. People would still buy mount and cosmetic boosts. This is speaking as someone who's had the realm 2nd mount Al'ar. Everything becomes less prestigous in time.
    I had the first Al'ar mount. I say the opposite. My argument has more validity because arbituary reasons i just made up.

Also lemme put in some y2k words to underline my arguments:

Woke, 1337, #Hashtag, Caitlyn Jenner and CIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I play a video game to have fun. I like showing off my skills and accomplishments in the game I play. You running around the game with a bought mount and paying to hit level 58 devalues all my effort. Why level 1-58 when you can pull out a credit card? Why work hard to get a mount when you can just buy a unique one? You want to show off you have money then do what I do and buy a Porsche and drive it around. Coming into my game and using a credit card to buy your way in is not impressing anyone.
    Cool. I don't care. Mostly because it is most certainly not your game. And if what somebody else does affects your enjoyment simply because they didn't grind away at something, that's a you problem.

I own three store bought mounts. Why? Because I thought they were really cool. If you want to spend your time grinding for mounts, cool, knock yourself out. That's perfectly fine. Me, my time is important to me. If I need to spend 50 hours trying to be lucky enough to get a mount, or work for 1 hour and then use that money to get a cool mount I will gladly go that route.

You do what you want with your time and let others do what they want with theirs. Because despite what you claim, what other people do has zero impact on you.

I honestly don't get why people are upset. It's gonna be like the Diablo 3 mount. You all know that, right? It's gonna be everywhere. It's not gonna be 1 or 2 people in shat with it, in the middle, showing off. No. Your gonna see them Fing everywhere. Especially when leveling. It saves a few hundred gold. Relax people. It's gon b kay.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Man...Blizzard, the company that apparently only cares about money makes mounts "noone cares about"?

The achievements for having a shitloads of mounts and people chasing them ...the fact that I today still instantly get ppl joining my rare summons that drop mounts seem to disagree with you ^^

Yeah, I know this is just a rhetorical question. And obviously you can answer it yourself ^^
    No i'm genuinely asking. Why would people buy them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I had the first Al'ar mount. I say the opposite. My argument has more validity because arbituary reasons i just made up.

Also lemme put in some y2k words to underline my arguments:

Woke, 1337, #Hashtag, Caitlyn Jenner and CIS.
    Clearly arguing from a rational standpoint with a valid counter argument with that statement. You sir, have bested me. How could I possibly refute that kind of brilliance? Now put your toys away, it's time for bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I always wondered... did anyone actually play the TCG game?
    I did for a bit until I got loot hungry and suddenly had the itch to scratch those 50 cards I had piling up in the corner, away from the main pile..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    extremely smart people like Asmongold
    i almost spit my tea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    TLDR: Blizzard Cashshop was thing in TBC onwards, but it was structured differently. Not to mention in game services, like Name change/Realm Transfer.
    By the new rules put in around the world, TCG was basically, gambling. Heck, with the new rules, even Pokémon cards are basically gambling..

Safety of the store:
    Blizzard store -> Select Product -> Purchase -> Receive

The TCG rabbit hole:
    Blizzard -> Contracted Production -> Vendor -> Select Product -> Purchase -> Hope For Product To Have Wished For Content -> Receive
    Blizzard -> Contracted Production -> Vendor -> Select Product -> Purchase -> Hope For Product To Have Wished For Content -> Do Not Receive
    Blizzard -> Contracted Production -> Vendor -> Select Product -> Purchase -> Hope For Product To Have Wished For Content -> Receive -> Post Online For Extortionate Amount Of Money -> Sell -> Send Off -> Buyer Receive.
    Blizzard -> Contracted Production -> Vendor -> Select Product -> Purchase -> Hope For Product To Have Wished For Content -> Receive -> Post Online For Extortionate Amount Of Money -> Sell -> Send Off -> Buyer Receive -> Card Code Has Been Used.
    Blizzard -> Contracted Production -> Vendor -> Select Product -> Purchase -> Hope For Product To Have Wished For Content -> Receive -> Post Online For Extortionate Amount Of Money -> Sell -> Do Not Send Off -> Buyer Loss -> Repost -> Etc.
    Post Online For Extortionate Amount Of Money -> Sell -> Do Not Send Off -> Buyer Loss -> Repost -> Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

you are right, it was an issue back then as well - but only very few people had the wisdom to identify it.

today, with extremely smart people like Asmongold having a massive audience, it's become clear to pretty much everyone why micro/macro-transactions have no place in an MMORPG.
    You do not need to be smart to be toxic, nor do you need to be stupid to be toxic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are causing sensationalism, because they rely on having more viewers.

The real problem in shot shops with no gameplay effect, but GDKP... none talks about that big elephant in the room. Gold laundry at its finest.

it is easier to flame instead people who got deluxe rofl, which has 0 impact on the game.

Clearly arguing from a rational standpoint with a valid counter argument with that statement. You sir, have bested me. How could I possibly refute that kind of brilliance? Now put your toys away, it's time for bed.
    I see the point went past you completely.

My post was a mockery of yours. None of the arguments in that post bear any weight whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I see the point went past you completely.

My post was a mockery of yours. None of the arguments in that post bear any weight whatsoever.
    Again, thank you for the explanation. You're really helping me keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Which just mean that you care too much about pixels.
    Stupid argument. The entire game is made of pixels, duh.
    And making part of it buyable just cheapens the game design, philosophy and experience.

You'd think that after seeing the consequences on retail, people would get the problem and not throw the overused idiotic "if you don't like it, don't do it".

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    ROFL. What's "extremely smart" about being nothing more than a hypocritical troll that capitalizes on the hatetrain against blizzard?
    He was big brained when he advertised that toxic weak aura to auto spit on people riding that mount. The dumb masses loved that one.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    These games lose a huge amount of their appeal the denser/more involved the microtransactions are. People want a form of escapism, and the moment you start involving dollar signs and allowing payment for ingame achievements, it starts to lose its luster, its sense of wonder. Just because most of them do it today, doesn't mean it's a good thing. During the renaissance of the MMORPG (2000s) games didn't have these cash shops in the west, at least not very prevalently.

People want to get lost in these games, and cash shops make that difficult. There's a reason the MMO genre is fading, it's because its so hard to get lost in them now, to get totally immersed and feel a drive to achieve. Cash shops aren't the only thing that contributes to this, but it's a huge part of it.

Blizzard compounded the blowback from this by making an entirely new mount that looks like its from retail on 'low' graphics. It doesn't look like a classic mount, and its gigantic, sticking out like a sore thumb. It looks obnoxious and it hurts the illusion of going back to a better time that people want out of TBC. I guarantee you it wouldn't have been as bad if they just threw the feldrake, rooster, or the nether rocket in and called it a day.
    MMORPGs being less popular is probably more related to general attention spans and the fact that they just can’t make them challenging enough. It’s a genre that requires a steep initial investment to get up the power curve.

MMOs are also boring as fuck to watch.

Again, thank you for the explanation. You're really helping me keep up.
    i mean you obviously didnt pick up on it looking at your previous post
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-06-01 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Yup, seems like if the need for pixels out weight common sense then you risk it for the bisket. (I mean people are dropping 25 bucks if not more for pixels already so intelligence is probably low in the field anyway).
    Your name suits your Logic.

you are right, it was an issue back then as well - but only very few people had the wisdom to identify it.

today, with extremely smart people like Asmongold having a massive audience, it's become clear to pretty much everyone why micro/macro-transactions have no place in an MMORPG.
    "extremely smart people like Asmongold" hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    "extremely smart people like Asmongold" hahaha.
    I know its a freebee to make fun of dumb streamers but for an uneducated guy he has a very nuanced worldview.

I genuinely think the guy has a high IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Your name suits your Logic.
    Logic the rapper?