Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Feels like it makes 2 classes of subscriber here.
    there are a few different types of raiding guilds out there. first one is the hardcore guilds who will be looking to push hard and enter Kara/Gruul's Lair/Magtheridon's Lair in the first week. then there is basically everyone else who will take a more relaxed approach and look to enter those raids weeks 2-4.

Anyone in the hardcore guilds who was re-rolling to a BElf or SpaceGoat either put the time in to get to 60 before expansion hit or, if they didn't, would've been boosted by people in their guild to speed level.

Everyone else, it doesn't matter - if guilds want the advantages of having Blood Elves or Draenei in their raid then they will wait - not every guild is wanting to push for world first/realm first or whatever.

As other people have said; Blood Elves and Draenei weren't in the original game until the actual launch - we got them in prepatch. Guilds waited for them to level back then, and they will now (or they will help speedlevel them)
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-06-01 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    The problem this time around is that there is tons of BE / Draenei who mage boosted to 60. I even saw i paladin Draenei on Pyrewood EU last week with close to full naxx gear, Sulfuras and quite a bit of T3. Disgusting.

I feel bad for BE/Draenei who played the game the way it should and won't find a raid spot because of dudes who AFKed at the entrance of dungeons for day paying gold / RMT got there first. I am happy i took the decision to not level a Draenei shaman after all (i am anti-boosting. Mage ones even more than Blizz ones).
    okay and can you tell me where exactly the problem is here? like you are triggered because other ppl dont want to play the game like you want them to play it - do you get how stupid and crazy that sounds?
    my shaman is 60 as well in 3 days played, i hustled hard and got 2 days off work and i dont felt bad when i saw a draenei shaman with t3 yesterday in bgs, what exactly should make me feel bad about this?!

This is not the first thread of this type and I really can't understand this kind of mindset.

You know that the game will be there for a while right? You are not required to start playing it on the exact release date to be allowed to continue playing. People who are not 58/60 will just, you know, get there in a couple days/weeks and then transition to Outland. No rocket science here
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You're not going to be "left behind" no matter when you end up hitting 70.

Guilds still run T4 raids even during Black Temple/Sunwell tiers, and will regularly take people who just finished gearing from heroics.

This is also disregarding that, for a lot of classes, they have multiple slots that are BiS from crafting until T6.
    Very true. Where do you think T5/T6 raiders get their replacement raiders? From T4 guilds. There will always be feeder guilds in T4.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not if you're playing seriously enough to worry about capping a week or two later than other people. I obviously don't know every class BiS list, but here's an example: https://tbc.wowhead.com/guides/marks...de-classic-wow
    It's a good thing that we aren't. OP is worried about all of those new races that won't be 60 at launch. Those people aren't worried and Kara gear, whether it's bis or not, is good enough to get you ready for SSC and TK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Very true. Where do you think T5/T6 raiders get their replacement raiders? From T4 guilds. There will always be feeder guilds in T4.
    While you're not wrong, it's also not just that. I mean Dragonspine Trophy is BiS for pretty much every physical damage dealer. And it's also because when guilds are raiding 2-3 nights a week, they need to fill their time with something. Oftentimes it's doing other raids, to help people fill in slots they might not have gotten gear for. Alt runs as well. Even with how big Karazhan is, it's old as fuck content and people don't take 3-4 hours to clear it anymore. Same goes for stuff like Hyjal and BT.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    okay and can you tell me where exactly the problem is here? like you are triggered because other ppl dont want to play the game like you want them to play it - do you get how stupid and crazy that sounds?
    my shaman is 60 as well in 3 days played, i hustled hard and got 2 days off work and i dont felt bad when i saw a draenei shaman with t3 yesterday in bgs, what exactly should make me feel bad about this?!
    Mostly because the player (that i indirectly know) bought gold, got to spam GDKP in p6, bought gear with bought gold on his warrior, reroll a shaman, got carried with botted gold to 60 and finally got his alt geared with botted gold in a week. It's not the way the game should be played. But it is just my opinion. If you think it's fine, more power to you i am not judging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Same thing that happened back in TBC when it first launched and you couldn't roll one until the Dark Portal opened: keep leveling.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

How many hours did your bro put in daily to get to 60. How many people with a career are going to be able to do that.
    I needed 95 hours to get from 1-60 with my Blood Elf Paladin. No boosting, no carrying, did everything alone besides some occasional dungeon runs.

Was it hard and annoying? Yes. But with enough time it was possible. Granted, I played 8-10 hours a day to get it done and it took me from Thursday to the second next Sunday.

If you really wanted to, you could get it done. But if you're not even playing Horde Paladin or Alliance Shaman there really wasn't a necessity to level a new race until TBC.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    The problem this time around is that there is tons of BE / Draenei who mage boosted to 60. I even saw i paladin Draenei on Pyrewood EU last week with close to full naxx gear, Sulfuras and quite a bit of T3. Disgusting.
    Disgusting? Because they did a better job than you? Inferiority complex.

As long as WoW has trading there'll be boosting. There'll still be room for non-boosted players, it just won't be a free pass into the best raids, because those raids expect the best players.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No. BC was not like retail. In retail you play a patch, so either you are in or you are behind.

In BC, even vanilla content was part of the game. So you were never really left "behind".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Disgusting? Because they did a better job than you? Inferiority complex.

As long as WoW has trading there'll be boosting. There'll still be room for non-boosted players, it just won't be a free pass into the best raids, because those raids expect the best players.
    To be fair, there´s a high chance they bought the Naxx gear with their real life wallet.

missing 2-3 weeks of karazhan and gruul isn't a big deal imo
    yeah, you are little behind, so what?

enjoy your belf animations, don't rush to 70
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    To be fair, there´s a high chance they bought the Naxx gear with their real life wallet.
    Assuming that is another case of inferiority complex. Sure it's possible, but who cares?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Assuming that is another case of inferiority complex. Sure it's possible, but who cares?
    Lol no, I couldn´t care less. I did my duty back in the day, I play to chill now.
    And who cares? well, people who want to enjoy the game, but now it has a ruined economy. So yeah, players do care.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Who says they have a lvl 60?
    Or at 58, that's also cool.

If they so desperately want the original TBC experience, they can have it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe actually play the game instead of buying a boost via shop or in-game mage boost.

Ahm...no. Whats the rush? I wont touch my 60 the first 1-2 weeks and will enjoy leveling my alt. GL questing in outland tho. Srsly this tryhard min/maxer mindset is poisoning this game. Is it that hard to understand that some people play FOR FUN. Not everyone plays wow 12h a day and wants to hit 70 the first day, and tbh thats a mega pathetic life. Focus on your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Lol no, I couldn´t care less. I did my duty back in the day, I play to chill now.
    And who cares? well, people who want to enjoy the game, but now it has a ruined economy. So yeah, players do care.
    The "ruined" economy has nothing to do with boosting for money though, as that's a transaction that doesn't influence the economy directly at all.

People almost exclusively care because it means people get ahead of them.

Considering the clusterfuck that will be questing with ten player per mob in the first few days, I'd say someone can calmly finish his leveling and not lose much time. People trying to quest in Outland during the first weeks/month will have a horrible time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Literally nothing different from when TBC originally launched. You want a new race leveled, you gotta put in the hours. No one is any special because "now they have a career and a family and can't put the time in anymore."
    Do you think a game can be successful if the majority of people can't do well in it?