Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    how did they do it when TBC was released?
    We were in high school

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Do you think a game can be successful if the majority of people can't do well in it?
    Is there an objective definition of "Doing well" in a video game?

How many hours did your bro put in daily to get to 60. How many people with a career are going to be able to do that.
    Same way I did it i guess. I work 40+ a week and have a BE Paly at 60 waiting for the gates to open(or a day or so after) to start outlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Disgusting? Because they did a better job than you? Inferiority complex.

As long as WoW has trading there'll be boosting. There'll still be room for non-boosted players, it just won't be a free pass into the best raids, because those raids expect the best players.
    My word was inappropriate, In that case the guy is a boosted pleb who did p2w rmt since phase 5 (i know one of his guildmate - they run GDKP mostly). I just hate p2w. I used him on how absurd the whole situation is (taking 1 week to to 1-60 and gear up close to BiS in such a short time thanks to p2w dungeon boosting / raid looting).

Having a job is on the person who didn't get to 58? How does that make sense?
    We all have jobs bro lol
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Feels like it makes 2 classes of subscriber here.
    That's exactly what I did back in the day. Did a few quests on my level 60 undead warlock and was like screw it I'm going blood elf. Leveled another warlock and cruised into Outland avoiding the crazy day 1 crowds.
    That said if you're on a pvp server in BC Classic mercy on you, by the time you get to Outland you might be picked off by zoomies looking for fresh meat.

Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Should have leveled faster.

Real answer is, same as everyone who hasn't bought a boost and is joining the game is doing, leveling.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Do you think a game can be successful if the majority of people can't do well in it?
    It worked just fine back then. There were plenty of people playing in TBC with full time jobs. Most of the people I raided with were already in their 30's back in TBC.

And if the majority of people "can't do well," ie, aren't level capped as soon as humanly possible, then you will find plenty of other people in your level range to do appropriate content with.

You guys should seek out better people to hang out with if this sort of mindset is all you can see.

what are you smoking? tons of people join TBC when Black Temple got released and did just fine leveling up and getting gear others didn't want while farming for badges. It'll be fine. It's always easier to join a game later in the expansion... I wait for at least 3 tiers in current expansions before I even buy the expansion... While everyone is burned out, I come in with those diehards looking for that one item while I scoop everything they've gotten and are sick of seeing. You'll usually get a comment like 'bout time someone here needed that item'.

level up to be a lvl 70 too? If you are not competing at least for realm first, it doesnot matter to be behind, and if you are competing for real first, you should have time to be already at lvl cap

5+ Year Old Account
    Cry behind a tree in STV

How many hours did your bro put in daily to get to 60. How many people with a career are going to be able to do that.
    Your level of entitlement is insane. You chose to have a career, all of your hobbies will become less of a time sink for you. Not everyone lives a certain way, accept that maybe someone can put 1,2,3,4,5 hours more per day into a game and that you will be playing catch up.

Let's just say you have a month to get 60 and you did, you now go through the dark portal together with everyone.

Is the next whinge, why is everyone not running heroics when I am, they should be released when I am ready for them because I have a career!

Why is everyone now working on phase 2? I'm still playing phase 1! This isn't fair, I have a career!

Why are people moving onto WOTLK Classic? I still haven't down Kil'jaden, this is unfair! I have a career! And so on and so on.

Play the game as usual? Jesus, people really are losing it.

I started fresh like a week ago, and wont be 60 for the release. Who cares (not me, for sure). It is not a bad thing, it will be much emptier by the time i reach 58

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Exactly right. I will log in for a few minutes to witness the shitfest that is the launch, and then log off. I'll be back to level in about 2 or 3 days later, when people are past the starting zone.
    Pssh...I'm gonna wait until later this month to sub for TBCC personally. I want enough time to pass for the rush of folks in Azuremyst, Eversong Woods and Hellfire Penninsula as well as other areas. I don't rush while leveling either.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

3+ Year Old Account
    Level. /10char

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The "ruined" economy has nothing to do with boosting for money though, as that's a transaction that doesn't influence the economy directly at all.

People almost exclusively care because it means people get ahead of them.
    Not talking about boosting but gdkp

They are going to level and play the game. BC is not over within a month. So many are of the impression that you gotta rush leveling and if you are slightly behind, you are fucked. Thats just wrong. People who are leveling now will get to enjoy BC just fine.

This mindset is probably why the boost features work in the game. People have this forced feeling of missing out of everything, so they skip a major part of a MMOPRG to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account

How is this even a fucking question?

What does anybody do when they are still leveling to max level when a next expansion hits? ANSWER: they keep leveling.

?? This thread is nonsense.

Ughhhh TBC is released at 3pm my time and I dont get off work until 5pm. Thanks Blizz guess I'm just gonna be left behind and never find a raid spot