View Poll Results: At what time will classic-first 70 happen?

Voters
63. This poll is closed
  • By 7 pm PDT June 1 (hax)

1 1.59%
  • By 8 pm

2 3.17%
  • 10 pm

4 6.35%
  • Midnight June 2

19 30.16%
  • 2 am

6 9.52%
  • 4 am

1 1.59%
  • 6 am

7 11.11%
  • 8 am

1 1.59%
  • 10 am

2 3.17%
  • Noon

8 12.70%
  • 2 pm

1 1.59%
  • 4 pm

3 4.76%
  • 6 pm

1 1.59%
  • 8 pm

0 0%
  • 10 pm

0 0%
  • Midnight June 3

1 1.59%
  • Before Noon June 3

2 3.17%
  • After Noon June 3

1 1.59%
  • June 4

1 1.59%
  • June 5 or later

2 3.17%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    The guys that got 60 early did it using an exploit. There was a problem with dungeons allowing raid groups in and the exp not being penalized. I can't remember the exact details of this but this contributed greatly to how fast people leveled up.
    Nah the nr1 guy just solo aoe farmed and used shard hopping to always have a big supply of mobs to aoe. Most of the first ppl were mages.

But most guilds did indeed exploit ing dungeons not getting any penalty exp from being 10 or even more ppl. They still got half exp or less compared to a 5man group but that was a tradeoff easily worth it as they could pull twice or more as big and with twice or more the aoe dmg hitting all mobs anyway.

So basicly quad returns for half exp = double xp/hour.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    We have 24 hours here in Germany since we start at 0:00 not sure who and where jokerd is and if the guy I quoted meant something else than 24h.
    forgot about the other time zones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by MuricaIsDead View Post
    Imagine thinking this matters... Especially the 2nd time around...
    To what degree did it ever "matter"?

If people think it is important then it matters every bit as much as the first time around. A lot of what is going on in classic are prestige feats, like the fastest, the cleanest, odd class combinations, whatever. This includes "quickest to world first". If you do not understand that then you are not really part of the conversation. It is a phenomenally basic concept that if you do no get you are just shit stirring. Nobody gives a shit that you do not give a shit.

Regardless I am thinking 8 hours or so like others are saying, 60-70 was not a hard slog.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Half of my guild will be 70 in the first day and we are a casual raiding guild. It's really just grinding a bunch of dungeons for 12ish hours straight and that's it.
    Ah yes, just casually playing for 12 hours a day

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    For the release of a new expansion, I would book a day or two off work and do that. Doing that like once every 18 months won’t kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Reaching max level is objective, no matter how they got there, as long as it was done within what's possible by the rules of the game.
    Getting realm first 70 is objective. How people feel about the methods used to reach that goal and whether someone earned it is subjective.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    It's once per every other year.
    I'm also not a hardcore soccer fan, but every 2 years I watch soccer every day for 2 weeks.

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be 3 hours per week again.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    You haven't prepared much for TBC releases, have you? I have over 50 quests worth of turn in to do on launch, and i'm not even close to being amongst the crazy prepared ones. Many have calculated that they are going to be halfway into lvl61 30min after launch from turning in quests all over the world, with summoning team at every corner of the world.

I think a speedrunner will get this done under 4 hours. After seeing how insanely fast some people managed to kill Ragnaros 2 years ago, If Magtheridon/Gruul/Kara isnt cleared within 12 hours, i'll be dissappointed.
    No, I'm not a tryhard. I see no reason at all in rushing to 70, nor do I have the time to do it anyway even if I did.

And fair enough, I wasn't even aware there were repeatable turnins that awarded exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    For the release of a new expansion, I would book a day or two off work and do that. Doing that like once every 18 months won’t kill ya.
    You being a casual player normally doesn't mean that you playing 12 hours straight is "casually doing it". I'm not saying in any way that what you are doing is wrong. I'll be taking a day off myself. I'm just saying it's a bit disingenuous to throw in that you are a casual guild as if that has some bearing. I play in a casual guild and I expect no one in the guild to be level 70 in the first day. That said, if anyone in my casual guild decided to play hardcore for 12 hours straight, I'm sure that would give them a lot better shot of doing it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Getting realm first 70 is objective. How people feel about the methods used to reach that goal and whether someone earned it is subjective.
    ... Isn't that basically what I just said?

People having an opinion on whether the methods constitutes "real leveling" or not doesn't change shit. Everyone's got different ideas on "how the game should be played", none matter aside from what the game allows. Not mine, not anyone else's.

If people legit cheat, their progress can get rolled back. But other than that, fair game's fair.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-01 at 02:22 PM.

within 4-5 hours from launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    No, I'm not a tryhard. I see no reason at all in rushing to 70, nor do I have the time to do it anyway even if I did.

And fair enough, I wasn't even aware there were repeatable turnins that awarded exp.
    The repeatables quests just give exp the first time. But with so many players switching main, it's a LOT of quests that you can gather the turn-ins in advance like the AD tokens, runecloths, twilight texts, etc. Add to that the quest giving items like Hakkar's heart or Ossirian's head, some people, in the last months, have gathered a TON of quests ready to be accepted and completed in the same second. Plenty of players have over 500k xp (thats around 20% into lvl61) in quests ready to be handed the second they are able to and those who have mapped their route precisely will need around 25min for that

Devising a plan and putting it into action is fun for some people.

... Isn't that basically what I just said?

People having an opinion on whether the methods constitutes "real leveling" or not doesn't change shit. Everyone's got different ideas on "how the game should be played", none matter aside from what the game allows. Not mine, not anyone else's.

If people legit cheat, their progress can get rolled back. But other than that, fair game's fair.
    You seemed to be stating that the feelings of another poster were wrong by claiming what they had an opinion on was an objective matter. I disputed that by saying they are not disputing the objective. They were merely stating their opinion, which is subjective.

~ Daryl Davis

does anyone by chance know, will the servers have to go down to launch the actual opening? Or can we be logged in and ready to go at launch time?

10+ Year Old Account
    ~3-4 hours from launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-2 hours~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

You seemed to be stating that the feelings of another poster were wrong by claiming what they had an opinion on was an objective matter. I disputed that by saying they are not disputing the objective. They were merely stating their opinion, which is subjective.
    I was disputing the idea that leveling a certain way could be more "real" than another, when the end result is very much objective. Level 70 on your character, access to level 70 shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    ~3-4 hours from launch.
    Eeesh... But then again, I wouldn't be surprised. The levels to which some go to break records is insane.

I was disputing the idea that leveling a certain way could be more "real" than another, when the end result is very much objective. Level 70 on your character, access to level 70 shit.
    Meh. You are still arguing opinions by arguing that your opinion is objective.

~ Daryl Davis

Meh. You are still arguing opinions by arguing that your opinion is objective.
    No, I'm arguing that reaching level 70 results in something objective, there's no interpretation. Or are you trying to say that you can be max level in several different ways? 70.5? 69.9?

That's all I'm gonna say on this inane exhange.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Rofl 8 hours. You might be mixing it with modern wow.
    None will do it under maybe 20 hours and that is with lots of help form others so I don´t even consider it real.
    level 60 mages can solo farm dungeons due to pathing "exploits" its not going to take them 20 hours