Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why isn't there a classic time walking event?

Seems like a obvious addition. Re-add the unchanged dungeons and toss in the original naxx into time walking.

As someone who generally enjoys timewalking and really likes many of the classic dungeons I think it would have been great. Only 'issue' is the 6 dungeon pool would feel a bit small for Classic though I suppose they could make it a bit larger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would say they're too simplistic even for easy mode Timewalking, but that didn't stop TBC Timewalking from being a thing. So I honestly don't know.

It is about time for Legion Timewalking, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Normally I would say they're too simplistic even for easy mode Timewalking, but that didn't stop TBC Timewalking from being a thing. So I honestly don't know.

It is about time for Legion Timewalking, though.
    Only commentting to say I absolutely LOVE your sig quotes lol

I've wondered the same thing myself.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Seems like a obvious addition. Re-add the unchanged dungeons and toss in the original naxx into time walking.
    easiest answer is that there weren't any heroic dungeons back then so they would have to remake a bunch at the max level of that expansion (30 I think?). they could probably do it but honestly they should probably put dev time into new content rather than older content. that being said, it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    easiest answer is that there weren't any heroic dungeons back then so they would have to remake a bunch at the max level of that expansion (30 I think?). they could probably do it but honestly they should probably put dev time into new content rather than older content. that being said, it would be cool.
    Yeah I mean, it's not like there's an entire version of the game that you can play that let's you experience the dungeons in their original state or anything. >_>;

I believe one of the blues actually said it would be impossible for some reason some time back.

Then they turned around and make a brief time-walkish Molten Core and AV for an anniversary event so... shrug.

I would like a timewalking Stratholm, but sadly most these places were butchered in Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, they already did that a LONG time ago. All the classic dungeons were going up to max classic level. Until that Chromie Time thing started, and now I ain't sure how to get to good ole classic stuff past begging in trade again. But what they didn't have was "Heroic" which is what timewalls are loosely based off of.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2021-06-01 at 10:03 PM.

I think the old excuse of 'why not' was probably to do with not having the old content available to replicate.
    But, now that Vanilla Classic is here, there's not really an excuse not to have it anymore.

If they were to make Classic timewalking, I'd wager a bet that it'd be for the dungeons as they are on Live, rather than somehow meshing the dungeons of Vanilla for the event.

Because TBC was when the modern dungeon design started. Classic is full of messy, overly long, city-like dungeons that are just painful to traverse, even in their cut versions that are currently availalbe for leveling in the game. Bringing in the original versions is out of the questions because then those dungeons would take hours to complete and no one would want to do them for leveling/badge farming (which are the only goals of TW).

On the other hand, those newer lfg versions also feel weird and detached. In some of them you spawn in some random place in the dungeon and you go kill some of the available bosses without much logical reason given as to why you are supposed to kill those ones over the others, then you get the bonus and it ends, like right in the middle of it. Then half of the group decides to continue doing the dungeon for whatever reason (?) while the second half has already left. People raging at each other in confusion. The few dungeons that you actually get to play through all of it, like Uldaman for example, are ridiculously long and annoying as well.

Instead of repurposing and/or bringing back in some fashion, classic dungeons should simply be removed for good from the main game. At least the ones that are too big for the current design.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Because the original dungeons aren't setup in the files anymore and they would have to move some stuff over from Classic retail to work. We all know that would require work thus why we don't have it. It'd be a great idea, but yeah it'd be too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    As someone who generally enjoys timewalking and really likes many of the classic dungeons I think it would have been great. Only 'issue' is the 6 dungeon pool would feel a bit small for Classic though I suppose they could make it a bit larger.
    Why? Almost every expansion only has like 5-6 that it pools from. So having only 6 from Classic would be fine.

If they did the original dungeons it would be a massive failure and I would never do it. The last thing I want to do is to have 5 time walking dungeons to complete and queue into a full BRD run, I would immediately leave. Many of the old classic dungeons are way to long in the original format, you would have to do the broken up versions.

As for them implementing the broken up versions, I guess I wouldn't care to much, but its not like it is a thing I want or care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Blizzard would have to just retune and add abilitys to mobs/bosses. They dont want to do that for some reason.

Vanilla dungeons were too long, too open and, often, too boring.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Because classic dungeons are by and large dreadful, and wouldn't be fun in the retail environment. Mechanics like Threat are essential to classic, but not a part of the modern game, making tanking them a joke. Mechanics are extremely limited. There is no heroic version, which Timewalking Dungeons are set to by default, meaning that they would be easier than the rest of them.
    Classic dungeons just don't gel with retail's design philosophy. There's a reason they've been heavily reworked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizzard would have to just retune and add abilitys to mobs/bosses. They dont want to do that for some reason.
    "just" Got to love all the armchair devs who say everything would be so easy.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "just" Got to love all the armchair devs who say everything would be so easy.
    well they did say,i think ion it was that its very easy these days to change stuff,basicaly turning a knob to alter things,ofc adding abilities sounds kinda silly

There are already revamped heroic version of Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Scarlet Monastery, etc.

They can be easily put into Classic timewalking dungeon pool if it happens one day.

My ideal rotation would be Ragefire, Stockades, Deadmines, Shadowfang, Scholo and Uldaman. Although I doubt they'll make Classic TW before Legion