Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I feel like Meoni and Mr. Happy are more of the equivalent of Taliesin & Evitel. Always positive about the game. If they have anything bad to say, it's about their disinterest in Zenos and Fandaniel.

Zepla at least voiced reservations about the grind required for the Bozja relics, or the nature of the Bozja game systems, the nightmare that is housing, and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Meoni puts out a video on every single scrap of FFXIV news, no matter how insignificant it is. New statue on the Square Enix store? Posts a video. One new screenshot on the patch website? Posts a 10 minute long video. New McDonals promotion for a Black Chocobo mount? Posts a video. Etc. I only stay subbed to him to see in my feed if I missed anything that might interest me but hardly watch his videos. Whereas Zepla only really posts when there is something really worth talking about, or a topic she is really interested in.
    I never understood those reservations though minus the housing which is indeed an actual issue. What is wrong with the Bozja content? This game literally has content for any type of player. I like grinding and I m glad they have content where I can grind my ass off after work because I enjoy it. You are not forced to do it but it should be rewarding for those who do. Why can there not be something that is grindy in a gaming genre whos appeal is literally grinding?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The same place you got your "consensus", probably?
    Interesting non sequitur.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I never understood those reservations though minus the housing which is indeed an actual issue. What is wrong with the Bozja content? This game literally has content for any type of player. I like grinding and I m glad they have content where I can grind my ass off after work because I enjoy it. You are not forced to do it but it should be rewarding for those who do. Why can there not be something that is grindy in a gaming genre whos appeal is literally grinding?
    This.

While many have strongly voiced their discontent for grinding, it's still appealing to some. I've grinded in several MMOs and it still boggles me with the complaints for such minimal grinds. I'd be interesting to see what some of those same people say after grinding a mythic weapon in this game's predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Interesting non sequitur.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

While many have strongly voiced their discontent for grinding, it's still appealing to some. I've grinded in several MMOs and it still boggles me with the complaints for such minimal grinds. I'd be interesting to see what some of those same people say after grinding a mythic weapon in this game's predecessor.
    Zepla also does it to pump content and constantly contradicts herself. She had a whole video praising the game for having content for any type of player and content that makes you want to do it instead of being forced to do it which is true. And then she raises concerns over the bozja grind which is:
    1.) For a "grind" not even that long
    2.) Completely optional for a weapon that you may or may not like and is only 5 ilvls above the next best weapon available and 10 ilvls above the weapon that most of the players will have access to (tomestone upgraded).

What separates a player who spends more time and raids in FFXIV from a player that literally does 1 roulette a day to cap and logs of is literally 10 weapon ilvls (so 1~2 ilvls increase in your avg ilvl) and a gear set of exactly identical ilvl but with slightly more optimized stats.

I think that is a pretty fair compromise that should not really be an issue or a strong topic of discussion.

1. GCD is painful to put it nicely
    2. Every hard boss fight is a dance you learn
    3. The world doesn’t feel like a character. Way too many invisible walls.
    4.How you gear is lame.
    5. One character can do everything, which may sound nice actually feels really bad if you find fun in min maxing.
    6. Transmog system is terrible for a game in 2021. Why do I have to go to a website or Google gear. It should be viewable in game.
    7. The GCD
    8.Story can be incredibly cliche and you see things coming a mile away.
    9. No trade chat.
    10. The GCD

I enjoy FF14. It’s got some good things going for it. But for a game that’s in service in 2021 it’s got some things that are deal breakers. I’ll resub once reaper is available.

Zepla also does it to pump content and constantly contradicts herself. She had a whole video praising the game for having content for any type of player and content that makes you want to do it instead of being forced to do it which is true. And then she raises concerns over the bozja grind which is:
    1.) For a "grind" not even that long
    2.) Completely optional for a weapon that you may or may not like and is only 5 ilvls above the next best weapon available and 10 ilvls above the weapon that most of the players will have access to (tomestone upgraded).

What separates a player who spends more time and raids in FFXIV from a player that literally does 1 roulette a day to cap and logs of is literally 10 weapon ilvls (so 1~2 ilvls increase in your avg ilvl) and a gear set of exactly identical ilvl but with slightly more optimized stats.

I think that is a pretty fair compromise that should not really be an issue or a strong topic of discussion.
    What is "Zepla?" I guessing maybe a streamer? If so, I don't watch those.

What is "Zepla?" I guessing maybe a streamer? If so, I don't watch those.
    A youtuber yeah.

A youtuber yeah.
    Oh boy.

Without trying to sound brash but genuinely curious... are people in this game as obsessed with them as so many WoW players are? Many WoW conversations I've been in where someone said "well according to *streamer*..." and I immediately stopped reading. Got to the point where people stopped thinking for themselves and relied on what some random guy with a webcam thought.

Oh boy.

Without trying to sound brash but genuinely curious... are people in this game as obsessed with them as so many WoW players are? Many WoW conversations I've been in where someone said "well according to *streamer*..." and I immediately stopped reading. Got to the point where people stopped thinking for themselves and relied on what some random guy with a webcam thought.
    I would say in general not as much. Example: ffxiv youtubers generally complained about eureka and bozja. If you go in game to gangos where you enter bozja, the area is so populated that you cannot even see the NPC to enter the instance. Most people I know are also really enjoying bozja and are not influenced by youtuber opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Perhaps I didn't articulate my point clearly enough, that's exactly what I was saying; if you fear a ban then to avoid that it is enough to say nothing, it's not a reason to actually act nice. So I don't think the original claim that people are only friendly out of fear is true, unless you count saying nothing as friendliness, which I wouldn't.

That's not to say the policy is perfect, I was only commenting on the above, nothing else.
    After having spent the last week playing WoW and WoW Classic and having the LFG channel be absolutely inundated with trolls, politics, shit talkers, ass holes, and other absolutely NOT LFG related stuff.....

I'd really rather people just STFU and play the game.... most of the time. Sometimes some of the more colorful chat can be entertaining, but 9/10 times it's just garbage.

As stifling as the FFXIV in game chat rules are, and although it doesn't really cultivate a "nice" community, it does improve my play experience considerably because I don't have to wade through the chat equivalent of hot garbage to just play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that's the damn truth.

People have been harping on SE to work on the new player experience for some time. I've been away, so I don't know if any work has been done on that front, but it is a huge weak point for the game nowadays,
    They've done nothing of consequence on this front, unfortunately.

The only things they've done are pretty typical of MMOs that are older:
    1) Reduce the amount of xp needed to level
    2) Add better gear to quests to assist in gearing because you do it so much faster

The one FFXIV specific thing they did was reduce the number of quests in the bridge between ARR and HW (Patches 2.1-2.55) but not by enough to be all that noticeable, IMO.

They REALLY need to work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Perhaps I didn't articulate my point clearly enough, that's exactly what I was saying; if you fear a ban then to avoid that it is enough to say nothing, it's not a reason to actually act nice. So I don't think the original claim that people are only friendly out of fear is true, unless you count saying nothing as friendliness, which I wouldn't.

That's not to say the policy is perfect, I was only commenting on the above, nothing else.
    That's a really good point. It's the equivalent of having to do something you don't want to do, you do the bare minimum, you're not going to go the extra mile.
    If being toxic gets you banned it's not gonna magically make toxic people nice, it'll make them quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    After having spent the last week playing WoW and WoW Classic and having the LFG channel be absolutely inundated with trolls, politics, shit talkers, ass holes, and other absolutely NOT LFG related stuff.....

I'd really rather people just STFU and play the game.... most of the time. Sometimes some of the more colorful chat can be entertaining, but 9/10 times it's just garbage.

As stifling as the FFXIV in game chat rules are, and although it doesn't really cultivate a "nice" community, it does improve my play experience considerably because I don't have to wade through the chat equivalent of hot garbage to just play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

They've done nothing of consequence on this front, unfortunately.

The only things they've done are pretty typical of MMOs that are older:
    1) Reduce the amount of xp needed to level
    2) Add better gear to quests to assist in gearing because you do it so much faster

The one FFXIV specific thing they did was reduce the number of quests in the bridge between ARR and HW (Patches 2.1-2.55) but not by enough to be all that noticeable, IMO.

They REALLY need to work on this.
    I m pretty convinced that after endwalker finishing the main story of the game, the new chapter will be used also as a new player experience where you choose to level through the original story or start as a new warrior of light in the next chapter as a reincarnation of the WoL from the main story. And of course you will be able to go and experience the original story at any time as well.
    What they do remains to be seen.

Tataru isnt real and i cant take her home with me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Tataru isnt real and i cant take her home with me
    You can probably stuff her in a bag
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

When I first saw Eureka the mere existence of it in a modern game was enough to make me unsubscribe at the time.

I'd hate to think they've double downed on it, but alas.
    "When I first saw completely optional content that I dont have to participate and is aimed at a specific subset of the playerbase that dares to like oldschool grinding in muh XIV it was enough to make me unsubscribe at the time."

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy.

I can only speak for myself but

I watch MrHappy because he brings news and breakdowns first. And sometimes he even does interviews himself.
    I watch Ethys because he genuinely know a lot about the lore and puts out very good lore vids. Couldn't care less what he thinks of raids or pvp though.
    I watch JesseCox, mirubuns and Albsterz because I enjoy their reaction to the game.
    I watch Snowmixy, Mashie Smashie, Bellular and Pyromancer streaming cause I like WoW players trying out my fav MMO and giving it their honest oppinion even if it is negative (spoiler alert: it is not). And Mixy's accent of course.
    I watch everyone else because I can't get enough of people reacting to 5.3

Well, yes. That's what you do when you feel like a game is starting to produce and focus on a style of content you don't enjoy.

Sorry if you're somehow personally put out by that.
    Did it stop producing the content that you enjoy?

I find the toxic comunity thing in FFXIV odd because i have not seen it and i play on Odin EU thats always full. If i tank i can ask the healer if they are ok with big pulls and if im healing tanks accomodate me if i say im rusty with the class. Also if you tell the primary tacts to people in dungeons usually you end up with 3 commendations.

Must be an American issue with the toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    I find the toxic comunity thing in FFXIV odd because i have not seen it and i play on Odin EU thats always full. If i tank i can ask the healer if they are ok with big pulls and if im healing tanks accomodate me if i say im rusty with the class. Also if you tell the primary tacts to people in dungeons usually you end up with 3 commendations.

That's kinda my experience aswell. When i was doing stuff for the first time, i usually just said "first time, if something is special, plase tell me" and usually someone said if there was something special or just "nah, just usual floor markers" or whatever.
    And in dungeons, just last week, i somehow had terrible luck with healers and they all were new and a few of them clearly having problems, but people gave advice and that was it (was in the 40-50 area, leveling DRG), two times the healers just immediately left tho after a wipe, which the groups found kinda sad, since they couldn't tell those what went wrong, but just went "welp, if they don't want to know, that's their problem" and continued.
    Given i have yet to play the high end stuff like savage, extreme or whatever, but haven't really encountered any toxicity or "help" that seemed forced to seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post

I dunno, I play on NA legacy server that's always full too, and aside from few passing exceptions I haven't really witnessed toxicity.

That's generally when problems start, but that's true for any MMO, really.

People will get a little "If you haven't done this 20 times in the first week you're a bad human for even talking to us. You must just want a carry. Lazy scrubs. Always looking for handouts. Oh, you want to LEARN it? Shoulda thought of that before it came out, noob." about it in pugs. The standard stuff.

Overall though, people tend to be pretty friendly about most content.
    Well, when i look through the finder, i always see plenty of "learning groups" even for older bosses (early current xpac and old xpacs), so there seem to be enough people that are fine with these.
    But if people don't know anything about a boss and join a group that says "know boss, have macros, fast kill", then i think people are right to expect you to know everything.
    But yeah, the high end stuff is usually where the toxicity starts in any game, but that doesn't seem to weep into the rest of the game, atleast from my experience or the people i know.