Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Chickens are to shredded ballots what pigs are to human corpses, apparently.

It would be funnier if this wasn't an actual serious thing that could have consequences, or wasn't something that was seriously believed by millions of Americans. It sure as shit is making me revisit some of my views on how effective a Democracy can be.
    Yep, really sad, which is why I try to educate them, but usually when I do, even with links, I get hit with the fake news bullshit, and yet, they link me literally bullshit like Gateway Pundit and fucking OANN as a news source. And I just laugh at them before I even click on the link to make fun of them for being so fucking gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The company's name is "Wake".
    UPDATE: Wake has talked to reporters.

The Pennsylvania-based IT company that was in charge of running the hand recount of Maricopa County ballots is no longer involved in the audit.

The contract with Wake Technology Services, Inc. ended May 14, the original completion date for the hand count, and the company chose not to renew its contract, according to Randy Pullen, an audit spokesperson and former state GOP chair.

"They were done," he said. "They didn't want to come back."
    "Wait, hold on. Didn't Cyber Ninjas say something different?"

No, and actually, the AZ Senate has confirmed this.

The IT company that was in charge of running the hand-count of Maricopa County's ballots is no longer associated with the recount, according to Arizona State Senate President Karen Fann.

"I was informed yesterday that their contract was completed and they weren’t needed any longer," Fann told 12 News.

Plans on how to replace the company and what happens next for the audit have not yet been confirmed or released to 12 News.

The chair of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors is demanding that the leaders of the audit keep records of documents and evidence for potential legal action in the future.

“It is clear the Arizona Senate and its contractors do not intend to retract false allegations defaming the County and its employees,” Board Chairman and Republican Jack Sellers wrote in a letter.

The letter, released Friday, was directed toward Senate President Karen Fann, Sen. Warren Petersen, Senate liaison Ken Bennett and the Cyber Ninjas group contracted to handle the audit.
    I mean, I get that Cyber Ninjas hasn't retracted anything, because they were never going to. They're going to "find" fraud. Problem is, they had competent people with them who weren't up to the task of "finding" fraud. Last we checked, they were 75% unfinished and apparently Wake was doing the hand recounting. That leaves untrained incompetents looking for bamboo chickens with UV pens.

"Well surely the departure of Wake won't change much. Cyber Ninjas have already replaced them with StratTech."

Um...well...

Senate Republicans had touted Wake TSI's election experience when announcing an incomplete list of contractors that would conduct the audit, saying that its employees performed a 2020 election hand count in Fulton County, Pennsylvania. The Arizona Mirror reported last week that the firm conducted that audit at the request of a state senator who has been a prominent advocate of the “Stop the Steal” movement.

Cyber Ninjas' original statement of work said that Wake TSI would be "leading all ballot hand-counting processes."

When Doug Logan, Cyber Ninjas' CEO, was questioned about his company's lack of experience in election audits, he said his company was involved in election audits in Michigan and Georgia, but he also emphasized that Cyber Ninjas was just the "coordinating firm" of other companies that had experience in their areas.

When Logan's bias was questioned, after it was discovered that he had touted unfounded claims of election fraud on social media, he emphasized the importance of hiring Wake TSI, which he trusted to create a ballot-counting process that was "beyond reproach."

"To me," he said in that statement, "the most important element was the hand-counting because if that was done right and transparently, it alone could restore some confidence in our election."
    So basically, Wake gave this recount some kind of legitimacy, and they've just been thrown out.

"But StratTech, they're just as good?"

They've literally never done a recount.

"So Cyber Ninjas is just getting subcontractors to do their work, and firing those who don't come up with results they want?"

Apparently.

"Isn't this like Trump firing Comey and Mattis?"

Yes.

"I thought Cyber Ninjas was getting a big pile of cash from unknown sources. Can't they afford Wake a while longer?"

I'm sure they can. It's possible they are using the delay to form a flimsy excuse to continue their "finding" of fraud where nobody can see them except OANN and Trump's rabid fanbase. Or, it's possible Wake saw what was going on and fled before it got worse for them. Neither trait is redeeming. I would challenge any Trump supporter to find a good reason why Cyber Ninjas would truly and honestly be looking for objective, valid evidence of fraud, and remove their most trusted allies from the equation before the vast majority is complete, despite everyone being on the level and wanting to do it, and money being available. Until such exists, I'm going to assume the visuals are accurate and this is a giant sham, and people with dignity and honor are jumping ship.

No, you have people who deeply care about who governs and don't care if they have to lie and/or cheat in order to get their way despite fairly losing elections. Also known as "Republicans".

Don't carry water for them.
    I don't really intend to simply pointing out that the people who had fun with the " he will not divide us " project still exist so its difficult to gauge the size of the genuine interest in it.

As an outsider looking in there seems to be some inconsistency at least from a glance given the odd spikes in voting patterns and the odd policy of destroying ballots after count them? I admit I'm not overly framiler with the system but I doubt there is going to be anything that results from this beyond wasted time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    given the odd spikes in voting patterns
    Are you referring to Trump being an incompetent leader and horrible human being, and people rushed to the polls to remove him? That's not an odd spike, that's consequences. It'd have been strange if there wasn't higher voter turnout.

Perhaps you could provide more evidence by specifically citing "given the odd spikes" that aren't 2020's vote? Because 2020's vote matches entirely what should happen when there's an unpopular, ineffective leader and a provable majority wanting to remove him.

I don't really intend to simply pointing out that the people who had fun with the " he will not divide us " project still exist so its difficult to gauge the size of the genuine interest in it.

As an outsider looking in there seems to be some inconsistency at least from a glance given the odd spikes in voting patterns and the odd policy of destroying ballots after count them? I admit I'm not overly framiler with the system but I doubt there is going to be anything that results from this beyond wasted time.
    There are no odd spikes in voting patterns. You have one guy telling you to not vote by mail, so all of the votes by mail, came for Biden. And I don't think you can destroy the ballots for quite a while after the election is over.

As an outsider looking in there seems to be some inconsistency at least from a glance given the odd spikes in voting patterns and the odd policy of destroying ballots after count them?
    Literally what the fuck are you talking about?

What inconsistencies?

Ballot destruction? Ballots shouldn't even be audited by an outside firm right now as they're supposed to remain secured and locked away for I believe 10 months or so after the election.

I admit I'm not overly framiler with the system but I doubt there is going to be anything that results from this beyond wasted time.
    Then read some fuckin books about it and stop carrying water for insane conspiracy theorists kkthxbai

- - - Updated - - -

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a...s-2020-results

It seems AZ Republicans don't think they're gonna get the results they want out of this shitshow that's weeks behind schedule, and it seems that they're on the verge of approving another Maricopa county recount.

And will be using a group called "Citizens Oversight", who also have precisely zero experience with election audits.

The group’s founder Ray Lutz told the Republic that the audit would amount to a “grand test” of his technology, which he calls “AuditEngine,” and which purports to be able to re-tabulate ballots cast on other machines.
    Why are AZ Republicans letting these folks beta test their software on digital scans of election results?

Why are AZ Republicans letting these folks beta test their software on digital scans of election results?
    Because after the first group has completely destroyed a large portion of the ballots it'll be easier for the second group to say "Hey, these numbers don't add up!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Competent people wouldn't "find" fraud for them.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chickens are to shredded ballots what pigs are to human corpses, apparently.

It would be funnier if this wasn't an actual serious thing that could have consequences, or wasn't something that was seriously believed by millions of Americans. It sure as shit is making me revisit some of my views on how effective a Democracy can be.
    Believe what you want to believe...disregard the rest. I see that the echo chamber here is still in full swing. lol

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...claim-arizona/
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Believe what you want to believe...disregard the rest. I see that the echo chamber here is still in full swing. lol

/woosh

No one is here is arguing it is bat shit crazy, the whole point is making fun of the fact that Trump supporters are taking shit like this seriously.

Rofl, We don't need politifact to prove what we already know, that ya'lls conspiracies are horseshit, but thanks I guess for unwittingly doing so?

See, Edge was making fun of your friends for being gullible enough to believe it. So, posting a fact check, on something we already fucking know, is fucking useless.

Hey, this echo chamber here isn't responsible for a hilariously incompetent joke of an "audit", we're just having a giggle over it.

If you want to get mad with someone for making fun of conservative lunacy, get mad at the firm doing the "audit". Or AZ Senate Republicans. Or really Republicans in general for unironically believing this shit. You have a target rich environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, this echo chamber here isn't responsible for a hilariously incompetent joke of an "audit", we're just having a giggle over it.
    Correct.

The echo chamber is because all the Trump supporters fled into their bunkers crying like bitches. You don't get to forfeit the game, then complain you lost.

You are straight pushing lies.

Just like all the other times you got called out, I want to see your evidence.

We know you don't actually have any.

I'm actually more surprised that there hasn't been any big kanye west conspiracies regarding this whole fraudit, then I am about chicken bs. He was supposed to be the key to victory, but not a single mention of him by anyone, at least that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm actually more surprised that there hasn't been any big kanye west conspiracies regarding this whole fraudit, then I am about chicken bs. He was supposed to be the key to victory, but not a single mention of him by anyone, at least that I am aware of.
    so wait i just had KFC. Is it possible i could be ingesting digested ballots?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    God bless USA Today, they're trying to hard.

For example, in this article they fact check claims made by Trump supporters that the Georgia recount found 30,000 fraudulent ballots. Yeah I know this thread is about AZ but it still seems the closest.

Three audits have been done so far. None found anything worth mentioning.

"What about the fourth? The conspiracy theory claimed there was a fourth recount that--

It hasn't started yet. It was supposed to start the 28th but Georgia the state is asking for it to be dropped.

“This is nothing more than a circus that’s being put on by those who promote the ’big lie’ ” that Trump won the election, Fulton Commission Chairman Robb Pitts said. “Where does it end? The votes have been counted. The elections have been certified. It’s over.”

Aunna Dennis, executive director of Common Cause Georgia, said the review is “built on conspiracy theories that these characters are using to bankroll their pockets and sow seeds of disinformation.”

Dennis said a better way for skeptics to increase confidence in elections is to become involved in them.

“What this (review) is doing is not making Georgia better,” Dennis said. “It’s making Georgia worse.”

Citing state and federal law, Superior Court Judge Brian Amero ruled that ballots must remain in the custody of county election officials. Maintaining government control of ballots will prevent the possibility that they could be altered by those conducting the review.

The law tightens absentee ballot restrictions in a number of ways, limiting drop boxes, changing ID requirements and requiring ballots to be printed on security paper.

Instead of increasing confidence in elections, repeated ballot reviews can create the appearance of impropriety long after elections have concluded, said Tammy Patrick, an adviser at the Democracy Fund, a voting rights organization.

“The precedent this sets is that if you don’t like the outcome of an election, you can drag it out into perpetuity,” said Patrick, who previously oversaw post-election audits in Maricopa County in Arizona. “They’re continuing to drive the narrative that the election was stolen, and there’s no answer that will satisfy them.”
    "Wait, so what's that fourth recount about?"

A known 9/11 Truther said that some ballots didn't have creases and that made them fake.

"Aren't there multiple ways a ballot could arrive without creases?"

Yes.

Georgia has, of course, already passed new voter suppression laws using the recounts as a lame-ass limp-dick IMPOTUS excuse. No fraud has been found, except the occasional Trump supporter when they weren't murdering Capitol policemen.

7+ Year Old Account

It's been fun watching you unravel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You get that the whole point here is that the recount effort, and those surrounding/supporting it, are just bat-shit crazy, right? The whole point is we're mocking the "recount" effort because literally every step they take is false, every precaution they tak- oh wait they don't, and everyone associated with it's management is an insurrectionist Trump-supporter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Rofl, We don't need politifact to prove what we already know, that ya'lls conspiracies are horseshit, but thanks I guess for unwittingly doing so?
    Yeah - what exactly what he doing fact-checking his own conspiracy, proving it wrong. Or did he just misread the title and think there was...fowl play?