Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Vanilla dungeons were too long, too open and, often, too boring.
    ...This.

The original BRD and BRS took minimum two hours to fully clear until they finally split them in Cataclysm. Ruins of AQ...I can't remember if that was originally a Raid that was converted into a dungeon like BRS.

Sunken Temple, BRS, BRD, Dire Maul, Uldaman, WC, Maraudon, Scarlet Monestery (all four wings), RFK, RFD and BFD (Black Fathom Deep in Ashenvale) are all in out of the way locations plus you need to fight your way to the dungeon entrances, some with elite mobs guarding the way. Stocks (in Stormwind) and RFC (In Orgrimmar) are not easily accessible if you are a member of the other faction outside Dungeon Finder.

...I remember those days of running into Org and hoping people didn't corpse farm me. So glad I don't have to think about that anymore on Retail. On Classic and TBCC you have to be max level at minimum.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "just" Got to love all the armchair devs who say everything would be so easy.
    Blizz has said its easy for them to make changes now. Scaleing systems while not perfect pretty much auto tune content these days.
    Last edited by Felrane; 2021-06-02 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well they did say,i think ion it was that its very easy these days to change stuff,basicaly turning a knob to alter things,ofc adding abilities sounds kinda silly
    They'd have to decide which dungeons, then maybe choose to only do a portion like the old ST could've been an upper and a lower part. And I know BRD is in parts when you queue. It would be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizz has said its easy for them to make changes now. Scaleing systems while not perfect pretty much auto tune content these days.
    Yeah, but that's not all there is to making timewalking. Deciding what the vendor mounts and other rewards will be. What the raid will eventually be. What dungeons or parts of dungeons they're going to even use. You know that last one alone is going to make enemies when their favorite dungeon isn't used. Maybe they're just worried about backlash.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Normally I would say they're too simplistic even for easy mode Timewalking, but that didn't stop TBC Timewalking from being a thing. So I honestly don't know.

It is about time for Legion Timewalking, though.
    And ToT as a raid

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer the updated versions of the classic dungeons. Deadmines was especially fun in Cata.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    There are already revamped heroic version of Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Scarlet Monastery, etc.

They can be easily put into Classic timewalking dungeon pool if it happens one day.
    Not really. The revamped heroic versions are nothing like the Classic ones. At that point you'd be better off putting them in with their appropriate expansions timewalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Ruins of AQ...I can't remember if that was originally a Raid that was converted into a dungeon like BRS.
    It's still a raid, never has been a dungeon. The only thing they did was change the 3 day raid reset timer on it to 1 day so you could farm AQ rep more. AQ40 also got a similar treatment with shrinking raid timer. It was mainly done around the time they added the Micro Holiday so you could also do the WQ each day.

I did actually enjoy some of the bigger dungeons and all the exploration it promoted, some out of the way bosses hidden in the game and the shortcuts you unlock with quests while navigating the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    There are already revamped heroic version of Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Scarlet Monastery, etc.

They can be easily put into Classic timewalking dungeon pool if it happens one day.
    These are cataclysm dungeons, and they are not in the cata tw for good reason - that they are so long and annoying
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    These are cataclysm dungeons, and they are not in the cata tw for good reason - that they are so long and annoying
    No, they're not in cata timewalking because the only dungeons used in cataclysm timewalkings are non revamped dungeons. Deadmines, SFK, SM are all classic dungeons that were reworked in cataclysm/MoP.

Also, are you really calling Deadmines a long and annoying dungeon?

Classic time walking would be interesting if it was with revamped dungeons, though even then it would be interesting more because it would give another set of rewards rather than actually giving Classic dungeons.

The other option that I can imagine is making classic time walking require less dungeons but only have the long ones in the rotation. Like only requiring two classic dungeons, or even just one but placing the player in the really long ones.

I would definitely be down for the version with revamped dungeons though, though even then mostly for the themed rewards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Which Classic dungeon is not long and annoying though?

If one really wants Classic timewalking dungeons, then he shall not complain "long and annoying"

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    As someone who generally enjoys timewalking and really likes many of the classic dungeons I think it would have been great. Only 'issue' is the 6 dungeon pool would feel a bit small for Classic though I suppose they could make it a bit larger.
    Yup. But they could remove some dungeons that are to much of a chore or are broken. Like i think grim batol should be removed. Its broken AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good way to create the most boring timewalking yet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No, they're not in cata timewalking because the only dungeons used in cataclysm timewalkings are non revamped dungeons. Deadmines, SFK, SM are all classic dungeons that were reworked in cataclysm/MoP.

Also, are you really calling Deadmines a long and annoying dungeon?
    Truth is we don't know what the actual deciding factor of not including these particular dungeons over others in the TW was, so I'll acknowledge that your guess is as good as mine.

And yeah, Deadmines in comparison to many newer expac dungeons is pretty long. It is on the simpler side when it comes to classic dungeons sure, but still a bit too long.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizzard would have to just retune and add abilitys to mobs/bosses. They dont want to do that for some reason.
    They did exactly this during the Cata rework of these dungeons.

My god people....

I would love the old versions back (as well as the new, not instead of) even if it was only for the duration of a Timewalking event. I'd also love them to add more dungeons from the other expansions too

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah I mean, it's not like there's an entire version of the game that you can play that let's you experience the dungeons in their original state or anything. >_>;
    not everybody wants to level a 'new' character to the appropriate level, learn a completely different rotation to what they're used to and deal without all the quality of life changes (aoe looting for example) in order to play the content

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Why? Almost every expansion only has like 5-6 that it pools from. So having only 6 from Classic would be fine.
    I'd say having 6 is fairly decent coverage for expansions considering they have between 10-14 dungeons or so typically but classic has 20 and you could argue that number is even higher since there's no such thing as a full Maraudon or full BRD run these days. Dire Maul is also technically 3 dungeons so that 20 number is closer to 25.

I'm sure 6 could still work if they choose very wisely but considering how many dungeons are classic you might as well make an exception and have an additional 2 or 3, but then again I wouldn't even mind if they made all dungeons for the current timewalking available in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'd say having 6 is fairly decent coverage for expansions considering they have between 10-14 dungeons or so typically but classic has 20 and you could argue that number is even higher since there's no such thing as a full Maraudon or full BRD run these days. Dire Maul is also technically 3 dungeons so that 20 number is closer to 25.

I'm sure 6 could still work if they choose very wisely but considering how many dungeons are classic you might as well make an exception and have an additional 2 or 3, but then again I wouldn't even mind if they made all dungeons for the current timewalking available in the pool.
    I would think you would simply do the dungeons that were massively remade not brd but rather scholo, bm,wc, stockade, sfk sunken temple with the raids being original zg or naxx. Things that have been drastically remade.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    They did exactly this during the Cata rework of these dungeons.

My god people....
    Ya they did revamp a few like Black fathom depths and Razorfen Kraul/Downs. They also broke some of them up or made them smaller. Blackrock Depths/Mara where broken into 3 wings each and places like Sunken temple were cut into 1/3rd of what it used to be ect.... Mists revamped Scholo and all the Scarlet 5mans.(very well tuned) They just never really tuned the rest of them for the new class design we got in MoP.

I recently leveled up every allied race on Alliance side doing mostly 5 mans and the difficulty was all over the place. Classic 5 mans tended to have way to much HP but the bosses didn't do anything. While Cata 5 mans that were not part of the Timewalking rotation were pretty brutal. Blackrock Caverns when people dont interupt as a healer felt like a mythic 15+ lol so many almost 1 shot abilitys and 1 shot moves on bosses it was crazy. The Dragons in Vortex Pinnacle you actually have to do the mechanic of grouping up or it will one shot the tank with his cleave but in Timewalking nobody even knows it does that.

What I am saying is Blizzard cant even be bothered to tune the 5 mans for leveling or timewalking to keep them consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    not everybody wants to level a 'new' character to the appropriate level, learn a completely different rotation to what they're used to and deal without all the quality of life changes (aoe looting for example) in order to play the content
    I agree with what you're saying but... You wouldn't have to learn a new rotation. Classic is basically auto-attack simulator.