Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Are you enjoying making stuff up?

Because if you cared to actually look at reality instead of just propaganda you'd realize that any issues happening in Portland represent a tiny fraction of the city.

That's like saying people are reluctant to come to Chicago because of the violence in Garfield Park. It's nonsense and a bunch of talking points by people with an agenda to push.
    I have seen several protests and rioters pop up all over the city in real time, so yes I enjoy telling the truth. Thankfully i have yet to get trapped by one, but I am one of those people who regularly drives in the every district of the city. I have lived in the University, Pearl and Alphabet district for nearly 20 years. I have seen how much the city has turned into a dump. Boarded up broken windows and graffiti are just part of it.

Besides, the fact that the propaganda is out there STILL deters people from going downtown whether it is true or not - yes IT IS exaggerated. It is nice seeing it empty during the day since I can find parking easily, just make sure you dont drive a nice car because it might get keyed.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2021-06-01 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I have seen several protests and rioters pop up all over the city in real time, so yes I enjoy telling the truth. Thankfully i have yet to get trapped by one, but I am one of those people who regularly drives in the every district of the city.
    Intentional or not you just showed there is no real issue. Protests aren't a big deal - they happen in every city. Rioters and violence are what matters in the context of the discussion and you just shared you drive all over the every part of the city and have yet to be a victim of any of it.

Besides, the fact that the propaganda is out there STILL deters people from going downtown whether it is true or not
    I'm not particularly interested in a bunch of naïve people falling prey to a bunch of liars and pretending we should cater to them rather than ignore them for the idiots they are.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Intentional or not you just showed there is no real issue. Protests aren't a big deal - they happen in every city. Rioters and violence are what matters in the context of the discussion and you just shared you drive all over the every part of the city and have yet to be a victim of any of it.

I'm not particularly interested in a bunch of naïve people falling prey to a bunch of liars and pretending we should cater to them rather than ignore them for the idiots they are.
    Just because i have not been a victim doesn't mean other haven't or I will always be safe. Just recently there where a had a bunch of antifa thugs carrying guns in a NE Neighborhood threatening drivers who dared to use the road.

Idiots or not, the spread of misinformation has been running rampant for the last 5 years in the US. You can't blame people for not knowing which side the coin falls when there is so much garbage information and bias in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Do you have any links proving this is some asian guy you hate?
    So you're full of shit. Thanks for clarifying.

The lesson of the day.. extreme left AND extreme right are both fucked up. We will have MANY more examples appear in this thread shortly (and some already too!). Let along what we will see in the news almost daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    if a guy who you knew had a habit of trying to pass your information along to Nazis that would use that information to kill you and someone you've never seen before shows up to a protest and wont answer questions as to who they are, yeah, kind of.
    So we are cheering for violence against random people we think looks like someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    So we are cheering for violence against random people we think looks like someone.
    cheering? seriously? point it out, otherwise shut up and be faux outraged over something more productive.

It's always amusing to see one side explain how their violence is morally right.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It's always amusing to see one side explain how their violence is morally right.
    Yes, cause it's the whole side justifying it and not just a couple people......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yes, cause it's the whole side justifying it and not just a couple people......
    That has to work both ways if you want it as a shielding

huh??? who the hell are you even talking about here?

10+ Year Old Account
    It does.

Nobody's blaming Liz Cheney for inflaming sentiments that led to January 6, just because she's Republican. It's all the others who did push nonsense to inflame sentiments who get blamed. Because it's about individual actions and stances, not "sides".

You're just projecting your own personal blind partisanship.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Feel free to find a post of me claiming all of 1 side support something.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Fascists acting fascist. These losers are destroying the city.
    Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys? Yeah, I know. And Andy Ngo is their personal reporter, was even there when they were planning their Cider House Riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just recently there where a had a bunch of antifa thugs carrying guns in a NE Neighborhood threatening drivers who dared to use the road.
    Sure there were.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Just recently there where a had a bunch of antifa thugs carrying guns in a NE Neighborhood threatening drivers who dared to use the road.
    uh huh

And assuming that's even true, whatever happened to our precious 2nd Amendment? According to the very same people who are convinced Antifa and BLM are terrorist organizations, the 2nd is one of our most important "Gawd Given Rights!!!" Convenient how that only applies to right-wing white folks, now isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    uh huh

And assuming that's even true, whatever happened to our precious 2nd Amendment? According to the very same people who are convinced Antifa and BLM are terrorist organizations, the 2nd is one of our most important "Gawd Given Rights!!!" Convenient how that only applies to right-wing white folks, now isn't it?
    Seriously.

Even assuming there were armed protestors, gonna have to give me a hell of a lot of evidence they did anything illegal with those weapons.

Let's recall the couple of nutcases in St. Louis who threatened protesters with weapons, and while they've been charged, there's been a TON of official pushback threatening pardons or dismissals, and the husband in the case is running for State Senate now.

Where was their outcry there, where people DID do what they're claiming happened, here?

10+ Year Old Account
    It happened, there was a video but I can't seem to find it

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/larg...rtland-1-hurt/

1. Basically, thugs with guns protesting and blocking traffic.
    2. Guy yells at them and protestors point guns at driver,
    3. Driver points gun back and they call each other names
    4. Driver then drives though them and stops
    5. Driving being a moron gets out of his car and is tackled by the protesters and he is sent the hospital.

This literally happened about 10 blocks from where I work.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys? Yeah, I know. And Andy Ngo is their personal reporter, was even there when they were planning their Cider House Riot.
    You point? Beating up someone isn't going to bring people to your side regardless of his politics.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    uh huh

I dont care what side the isle they call on, if your out carrying guns in public you are likely looking for trouble.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2021-06-02 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

5. Driving being a moron gets out of his car and is tackled by the protesters and he is sent the hospital.

Your own source confirms basically none of that, sort of some calls about blocked traffic.
    The claim that there were "armed thugs" is just a biased phrasing for protestors who were lawfully carrying.
    No indications in the article of anything in points 2-5 whatsoever.

I dont care what side the isle they call on, if your out carrying guns in public you are likely looking for trouble.
    Hey, if you wanna rage against the 2nd Amendment, go nuts, I'm not a fan.

But pretending this is somehow unusual when you had far more armed protestors, historically speaking, among right-wing protesters? Seems like a deliberate double standard.

goodness it's almost like a society where everyone has a gun leads to the chance of armed standoffs between random people. curious!