Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How do we access the new TBC Looking for Group UI?

Blizzard mentioned months ago they will replace the archaic TBC listing of groups with the modern one similar to retail (not automatic).
    However i see no sign of it present in today's live release build of TBC.

Does anyone know how to access it or has it perhaps been delayed in implementation until 1st June?

i was wondering the same thing.

600 views later and no answers, i guess its not implemented yet.

Same, I was looking today for it and couldn't find it.

It's not in. And it's not in beta either ... I guess they just skipped it.

Was thinking the same thing today.
    Maybe when Dark Portal opens or something?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizzard mentioned months ago they will replace the archaic TBC listing of groups with the modern one similar to retail (not automatic).
    However i see no sign of it present in today's live release build of TBC.

Does anyone know how to access it or has it perhaps been delayed in implementation until 1st June?
    there was a wowhead article https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/cross-r...classic-322457 which indicates that cross-realm groups could be a thing. maybe it's not meant to be a thing and they are trying to fix it to be server only. I don't recall BC having a cross server group like retail does; can anyone who does remember confirm whether that was a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there was a wowhead article https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/cross-r...classic-322457 which indicates that cross-realm groups could be a thing. maybe it's not meant to be a thing and they are trying to fix it to be server only. I don't recall BC having a cross server group like retail does; can anyone who does remember confirm whether that was a thing?
    It was definitely not a thing. Crossrealm group only happened with the cursed lfg tool in wotlk.

I'd say it would be impossible to implement such a thing as a mistake and most likely blizzard is testing the waters to see how players react to it but nowadays I really have no idea. Maybe they're just that incompetent.

I can assure you though that this wasn't a thing back in tbc

PVP had battlegroups, but there was zero pve crossover

im really hoping we get the modern UI for listing groups.

the ancient vanilla way of doing it through local and lfg chat channels is impractical, especially if you wanna do any of several dungeons who are not in the same zone.

Group listing would be great. The lfg channel is just... annoying... and unpractical

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'd say it would be impossible to implement such a thing as a mistake and most likely blizzard is testing the waters to see how players react to it but nowadays I really have no idea. Maybe they're just that incompetent.

I can assure you though that this wasn't a thing back in tbc
    yeah seems to be an unintended bug https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...feature/972164

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeem yeah im a bit disoriented at this point. My 1st thing that is bringing me up to tbc is lfg tool. Now im not sure i would like to play it without that tool. I hope it will be implemented soon.

So with the release of TBC has anyone actually found a way to use this LFG UI (not automatic)?

I can not find it, neither the old TBC (original) one nor the modern one blizzard discussed bringing into TBC classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    PVP had battlegroups, but there was zero pve crossover
    Yep, this. There was no PVE cross realm play until MoP.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It's not in. And it's not in beta either ... I guess they just skipped it.
    Guess getting it to work in TBCc would take bit more work than they intended to invest in this game, i mean its time that could be spend making some more shop sht that would yeld them proper income. LFG on the other hand... naa... unless they could monetize that thing.
    Imagine: don't have time lvling a char? get a booot! don't have time seaching through all that LFG/world spam? get a... LFGpass! just another +5/10$ to your sub and you get to use proper LFG tool.
    Last edited by FAILoZOFF; 2021-06-02 at 03:26 PM.

I’m kinda bummed it’s not in. It’s a minor feature but a huge QOL improvement. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

Yea i love group gameplay in classic but the chat text channel spam is just too much for me to handle after work n stuff.

That modern UI would be a great QOL upgrade and a way to lessen the "WTS BOOST" spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Yea i love group gameplay in classic but the chat text channel spam is just too much for me to handle after work n stuff.

That modern UI would be a great QOL upgrade and a way to lessen the "WTS BOOST" spam.
    For the next few months you literally just post "LFM dungeon". Invite from the 10 whispers u get in the first 20 seconds. Send a message to chat abt once a min for "LF1M tank dungeon" and then invite the tank. Then do the dungeon