Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warcraft3: Reformed Status?

So it's been out for quite awhile now and I now it was in a bad state for months afterwards, but what's it like now? I've been interested in getting it since I lost my original Wars dics and figured I might give it a go if it was finally in a solid enough state to play.

Its basicaly abandoned at this point. Blizzard trying to fix it would be them admiting failure, and they have too big of an ego for that.

They still release patches for it every now and then, but I believe it's mostly balance changes to ranked pvp matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    They still release patches for it every now and then, but I believe it's mostly balance changes to ranked pvp matches.
    I don't even know how ranked matches even work since there's no ladder or ranking system of any kind.

But yeah. Blizzard has abandoned the game and disbanded the team that was working on it.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its basicaly abandoned at this point. Blizzard trying to fix it would be them admiting failure, and they have too big of an ego for that.
    They can refuse to admit whatever they want, doesn't change that more or less everyone views it as a failure. Arrogance should have it's limits, and they should show some goodwill towards their customers, which is a lot more fruitful in the long run.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you mean reforged. Multiplayer is still a mess, though there are communities that set up matchmaking you can join; I hear they are workable.

Single player is still fun to play through again. Though it's an enormous disappointment in that very few of the promised changes to the campaign were actually done, which is a shame. But if you're just looking for the exact same story from the original with some better looking art assets, its enjoyable.

That said someone here posted a link a while back to some blokes on the hive workshop that were remaking the campaigns to conform to retcons and adding additional missions etc, I lost the link though. Worth a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Well, custom campaign support is still not there nor is the ladder in for the MP gamers and as others said it only has some rare balancing patches coming out, nothing big. It is de facto abandoned.

This was posted July 2020
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warc...te-ranked-play

"coming months" have no meaning, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Assuming you mean reforged. Multiplayer is still a mess, though there are communities that set up matchmaking you can join; I hear they are workable.

Single player is still fun to play through again. Though it's an enormous disappointment in that very few of the promised changes to the campaign were actually done, which is a shame. But if you're just looking for the exact same story from the original with some better looking art assets, its enjoyable.

That said someone here posted a link a while back to some blokes on the hive workshop that were remaking the campaigns to conform to retcons and adding additional missions etc, I lost the link though. Worth a search.
    Are you talking about this project? If so, there's a link!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Are you talking about this project? If so, there's a link!
    YES! That's the one! Danke danke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

ummm they kinda did admit failure they literally gave a refund to anyone who wanted one but then again this is MMO Champion and anything outside of ritualistic suicide on live tv isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ummm they kinda did admit failure they literally gave a refund to anyone who wanted one but then again this is MMO Champion and anything outside of ritualistic suicide on live tv isn't enough.
    Yeah, I really don't get it when people say Blizzard has too big of an ego to admit their failures. We see them admit failures almost every expansion in WoW. There's a difference between trying to salvage something they thought was a cool idea that didn't quite pan out and "not admitting failures."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    They also pretty much blamed the players and the post I linked about "coming months" is still actual. Blizzard did not change as a company, they just brushed it away. So no, we do not need the suicide, but some integrity and actual post launch support.

You can still have fun with coustome games...So for me thats nice.

Just wish I could keybind properly in the game with a nice menu...Keybinding is such a mess.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Yeah, I really don't get it when people say Blizzard has too big of an ego to admit their failures. We see them admit failures almost every expansion in WoW. There's a difference between trying to salvage something they thought was a cool idea that didn't quite pan out and "not admitting failures."
    They basically never actually salvage shit, though. They either abandonware™ it, or they say "we know this stuff is crap, wait till next expansion where we'll fix it for sure!" (proceeds to introduce new system that is essentially the same thing, only half-giving players what they want and usually causing new problems in the process).

WC3: Reforged was a passionless project made solely to cash in on the nostalgia. Rush it out for a quick buck and then pretend that it doesn't even exist anymore, its basically an opposite version of the Blizzard who made the original game. The community however does a great job to try to salvage the game, making better versions of campaigns that Blizzard should have improved in the first place. The custom games scene is also pretty active still, I only wish that some of the games I liked back in the days were played more often. Most custom games seem to be very competitive rather than just being stupid fun.

I do occasionaly see the game being updated so at least some skeleton crew noticed that the game exists. The campaign is still fun to play for the story but I don't like how much easier it is now that Reign of Chaos has all the Frozen Throne statlines. They should have added a harder mode because of this.

Abandonware. It was an outsourced hustle to calm shareholders getting nervous about Blizzard having nothing on the release schedule to pad a quarter. It flopped and they won't put more money into it. The End.

I just wish they kept the reforged and classic WC3 clients separate honestly. It's annoying to have to have reforged fully installed just to play classic WC3 legally.

Everyone who wanted a remake of Wc3 bought it on release or pre-ordered it. Why put even more resources in it?

Keeping a reputation as a good Game Developer doesn't bring enough money in 'short-term'.

Activision is squeezing the last bit of money out of blizzard as long as the old reputation does allow it and at some day we will hear the shocking news that PC games alone just don't get the money anymore and that's why Blizz will have to focus even more on mobile games and/or cross-platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are updates at this website: LINK