10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The RNC writes to the Committee for Presidential Debates saying that they're ready to yank Republican candidates from their debates.

"What? Why?"

Because the CPD made a section about health questions in 2020, and the RNC says tht was partisan and biased.

"...during the pandemic? Wouldn't it have been fucking stupid not to have those questions?"

Yes.

"Didn't Trump personally catch COVID and nearly die, missing one of the debates?"

Yes.

The RNC is also asking for the CPD to have term limits --

"Didn't Trump say he wanted a third term?"

Yes. And they want the CPD to avoid making statements supporting candidates--

"I thought they already do that?"

They do.

"Didn't Team Trump violate the Hatch Act in exactly that fashion multiple times?"

Yes.

"What do you think will happen?"

The CPD in 2024 will have no real need for extra time for health questions. By then, COVID in theory should be a bitter memory and Biden's record on it will speak for itself. One or two questions should suffice.

Or, the RNC could follow through and yank whatever Trump stooge is running, allowing President Harris 3 hours of uninterrupted free speeches on every channel.

The RNC is trying to placate Trump but is running out of feet and bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Trump blog page is shut down.

"By who?"

By Trump.

Wow. I've seen lazy and I've seen inept, but even by Trump standards this is just ridiculous. How many months weeks was that? There are burner accounts on MMO-C with more lifespan than Trump's blog.

Holy fucking shit, Trump is pathetic.
    I’m going to guess it’s because having a custom domain probably costs money to upkeep, unlike Twitter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Honestly, I'm not sure who'd want to outright murder Trump at this point. I mean, I don't.
    That's not what I meant, really. Was implying that with everything going on, and with how many people are coming after him legally, I doubt his stress levels, shitty diet and overall gluttonous lifestyle are helping him live longer.

He's 74 and in POOR health... I've seen people in WAY better health than him die younger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’m going to guess it’s because having a custom domain probably costs money to upkeep, unlike Twitter.
    The website's still there, though. Just instead of a blog it's asking people to sign up for "updates."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The website's still there, though. Just instead of a blog it's asking people to sign up for "updates."
    Gonna be doing some A/B testing for "New Trump" for 2024. It'll be just like New Coke, and when the half that got "New Trump" say they hate it suddenly "Classic Trump" will return to much praise and celebration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    with how many people are coming after him legally, I doubt his stress levels, shitty diet and overall gluttonous lifestyle are helping him live longer.
    Oh, totally. He could be killed by a bowl of Cheerios at this point.

Also, that same NYTimes reporter says that Trump is pushing conservative writers to push his election conspiracy theories in a more mainstream way, specifically, that overturning the election is about to happen. Possibly because

and asking other people to write what he says is also free.

So, yeah. Trump is either too cheap or too lazy to maintain a blog. Instead, he's trying to get others to push his lies for him -- which admittedly worked when he was running for or held office, because what he said was policy. Now, it's the ravings of an insecure madman who's going to die in prison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    instead of a blog it's asking people to sign up for "updates."
    I mean, I guess it could be done by email subscriber list. I'm not sure if that's the intent, or if there's a benefit.

Turns out Tuesday's numbers were also woefully underreported (several states still not reporting, about 13k total) so it's still not really worth doing a full writeup on. We'll see how today shakes out.

Stay safe, folks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And the Trump blog page is shut down.

"By who?"

By Trump.
    Trump launched the website, dubbed “From the Desk of Donald Trump,” last month to communicate with supporters. The site now only allows users to submit their email addresses and phone numbers to sign up for updates from the former president.

Trump senior aide Jason Miller confirmed to The Hill that the blog will not be returning, calling it “auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on.”

Interactions with posts on Trump’s blog dropped significantly in the weeks after it was launched, The Washington Post and several people on MMO-C noted.

The newspaper reported 159,000 total social media interactions on the blog's first day. But the following day, interactions dropped to 30,000 and did not surpass 15,000 interactions per day since that peak.
    Wow. I've seen lazy and I've seen inept, but even by Trump standards this is just ridiculous. How many months weeks was that? There are burner accounts on MMO-C with more lifespan than Trump's blog.

I found this news to be very...odd. The cost to maintain is minimal - even with a dedicated staff member keeping it going. And frankly, it's a nice blog title - I know, I know - I was shocked at that realization, too. So to not only shut it down after just a month, but tell people it will never come back, strikes me as something else going "wrong" in another area.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I found this news to be very...odd. The cost to maintain is minimal - even with a dedicated staff member keeping it going. And frankly, it's a nice blog title - I know, I know - I was shocked at that realization, too. So to not only shut it down after just a month, but tell people it will never come back, strikes me as something else going "wrong" in another area.
    https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/sta...14259720351751

A Trump adviser told The Washington Post that the former president shut down his blog because he didn’t like that this platform was being mocked and had so few readers.
    And for historical context - https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...345111555?s=19

JASON MILLER on MARCH 21: "This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game."

10+ Year Old Account
    Alongside a security team to stop people from just getting in and posting shit, or hijacking the website as a whole.

How many months weeks was that? There are burner accounts on MMO-C with more lifespan than Trump's blog.

It was 2.6 Mooches, ma'am or sir or they.

Honestly, I'm not sure who'd want to outright murder Trump at this point. I mean, I don't. He's on path to spend the rest of his life in poor health, broke, and in jail. He'll spend what time he has left either in that status, or fighting to block that status, probably surrounded by family that increasingly hates him and far fewer whores than he's used to. I think a lot of the people who'd want someone dead might not feel the need when he's put himself into his own private gold-painted hell.
    Hes a former President under Secret Service protection. He isn't going to jail, impossible to protect him there. At worst he will be put under house arrest.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Alongside a security team to stop people from just getting in and posting shit, or hijacking the website as a whole.
    This. Trump is a high-profile, famously inept, infamously petty asshole. The cost of securing even a minimal blog for a handful of people to only read and not be able to stroke Trump’s ego by posting endless praise and worship more than likely isn’t worth it to him. The thought of a blog being some revolutionary force in social media to begin with was laughable, but Trump probably thought his name was enough of a draw to make it so. Nope lol.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/sta...14259720351751
    A Trump adviser told The Washington Post that the former president shut down his blog because he didn’t like that this platform was being mocked and had so few readers.
    And for historical context - https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...345111555?s=19
    JASON MILLER on MARCH 21: "This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game."
    That makes a fuck-ton more sense now - given Trump's crushing vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hes a former President under Secret Service protection. He isn't going to jail, impossible to protect him there. At worst he will be put under house arrest.
    no its not.

they can put him in club fed, isolation and instead of just staff guards they also have a SS protection on staff
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    At this point the only thing we're sure about is that we don't know. Prison does seem unlikely, given the Secret Service protection requirements. If I had to put money on his "housing" post-conviction, I would bet on house arrest at his designated home. Too many complications to name. Couple of big ticket items:

1. NY charges are what Trump is currently facing - so trump under home confinement probably couldn't be outside the state (I can't imagine the Manhattan DA or NYAG allowing Trump to live out his prison term in Florida).

2. Jury - if it goes to trial by jury, these 12 poor fucking people are going to be the most sequestered ever. Could even go so far as to protect their identity, in some highly convoluted way.

3. Post-conviction appeals - will hopefully play out while Trump is serving time, assuming a conviction and jail time.

Still a LONG ways to go before any of those items are relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they worry about protecting a criminal ex-president, in that circumstance? Moreso than the usual white-collar criminal, anyway?

Can't be fear of external attacks; a prison's about the safest place he could be.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why would they worry about protecting a criminal ex-president, in that circumstance? Moreso than the usual white-collar criminal, anyway?

Can't be fear of external attacks; a prison's about the safest place he could be.
    One of the issues will be whether a convicted ex-president still warrants Secret Service protection. You're right about the "fear of attacks" issue, but it will still have to be addressed at some point - guarantee Trump appeals any negative outcome.

And we're in unprecedented territory here, shockingly with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Honestly, I think at that point the secret service would be protecting whatever classified info Trump remembers more so than him.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, it died of embarrassment, then?

Poor Trump.
    god even GeoCities web sites lasted longer....

how embarrassing. Obama got millions in deals and successful endeavors after his term....trump can't maintain a blog.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Hey now...is "Tripod" still in existence?