Some Fun (and dark) Facts about WoW

Feel free to add more of your own

I found this ones in 2 articles:
    https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/18-...s/2900-678/#21
    https://www.lifegag.com/20-world-of-...low-your-mind/

I want to start with one i found out first (outside of this articles):

There was a WoW expansion (forgot) where Hunters were underplayed in PvP
    Blizzard decided to buff them
    Suddenly the arenas were filled with Hunters and their win ratios got better
    The thing is...
    There was a mistake by Blizzard and the buffs were not "live" yet...
    Hunters became good overnight...by magic

Vin Diesel and Paul Walker played World of Warcraft together.

You probably know that Vin Diesel and Paul Walker were best bros onscreen and in real life. But they were tight in Azeroth too -- the duo used to play the game together.

Diesel has posted to Facebook footage of him and Walker playing WoW in 2010.
    You can visit a Warcraft theme park

Want to spend a real-world holiday in Azeroth? Hop the next plane to ... China?

Located in Changzhou, World Joyland is an (unlicensed) theme park inspired by Warcraft and Starcraft
    WoW has been blamed for some deaths

You may have read stories in which players die when they play games over a very long period of time. You will be shocked to read this, but World of Warcraft is one such game that is often on the list. The main cause is called “deep vein thrombosis”. This is a problem when people sit for long periods of time. It is associated with air travel, travel, and now video games. My personal advice is to get up and walk often. Never sit for long periods of time.

In 2015, The Daily Mail reported that a Shanghai man died after playing the game for 19 hours straight, continuing even as he was coughing up blood. And that's not even the saddest World of Warcraft death story out there.
    Mila Kunis had a serious WoW addiction

In 2010, Kunis told MTV News that she had to quit the game because she got addicted.

"I took it off the computer ... I still have my little twinks running around, but I had to take it off," she said. "I feel like a drug addict talking about a drug."
    Robin Williams loved the game so much he has an in-game memorial

Robin Williams was a notorious gamer -- he named his daughter Zelda, after all. Williams also loved Warcraft. Rumor has it he enjoyed trolling the Horde-side trade chat on the Mannoroth server.

To visit Robin in-game, head to the island off the south coast of Talador and rub the Ever-Burning Lamp
    Be nice to gold farmers. They might be Chinese prisoners

These days, gold-starved players can buy in-game currency straight from Blizzard. But in the old days, third-party gold selling was so profitable that Chinese prisoners were forced to become gold farmers.

"Prison bosses made more money forcing inmates to play games than they do forcing people to do manual labor," a former Jixi labor camp prisoner told The Guardian.
    A Man Queued For 36-Hours Just To Be The First One To Buy WOW’s Expansion But He Collapsed Out Of Excitement

More than 2500 players lined up outside one of the game stores on Oxford Street for the WOW: Warth of Lich King expansion. A man stood in line for 36 hours just to be the first to buy it. When he reached the counter, he was so excited that he collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post

There was a WoW expansion (forgot) where Hunters were underplayed in PvP
    Blizzard decided to buff them
    Suddenly the arenas were filled with Hunters and their win ratios got better
    The thing is...
    There was a mistake by Blizzard and the buffs were not "live" yet...
    Hunters became good overnight...by magic
    I've read somewhere that some players feel they are taking more damage when attacked by Hunter pets than by other skills from other classes. It's just a feeling... but it's enough for them to click on defensive skills (or even try to run away) without the real need for it.
    There is also the problem of "arachnophobia" and many Hunters have as pets some spiders, scorpions, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I've read somewhere that some players feel they are taking more damage when attacked by Hunter pets than by other skills from other classes. It's just a feeling... but it's enough for them to click on defensive skills (or even try to run away) without the real need for it.
    There is also the problem of "arachnophobia" and many Hunters have as pets some spiders, scorpions, etc...
    It was certainly a mix of peoples "notion" of things like you said.

I like to think it was just like the Space Jam movie.
    Bugs Bunny gives team a bottle with a drink he claims to give super powers.
    Team drinks it and plays better.

And it was just normal water (lol)

Huh, didn't know a couple of those things. Cool!

Hall of Famer NBA legend Tim Duncan was addicted to WoW.

Former NBA all-star Andre Kirilenko was severely addicted to WoW during Catacylsm, has a backpiece tattoo of his WoW character flying on a dragon, and would play for up to 36 hours straight.

Former NBA players Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson were also addicted to WoW, played with Tim Duncan until 3 or 4 a.m. on off-nights, and called the game a "Life-killer".

There was that girl that tried to sell her body on craigslist for WoW gold so she could buy her epic flyer in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    There was that girl that tried to sell her body on craigslist for WoW gold so she could buy her epic flyer in TBC.
    She actually ended up succeeding. Apparently both parties had a good time and she got her epic flight funded, and made another CL post teasing the people who roasted her about it with a screenshot of her flying as proof.
    @Roanda: Henry Cavill almost missed out on auditioning for Superman because his agent called him in the middle of a raid.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post

Oh, so this alternative (easier than a lot of WoW grind) has been around since TBC?

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny how those actors and famous people don't play wow anymore, i think the last one who did was henry cavill, and was while ago.

Also about famous people, of course George Fisher, vocalist of Canibal corpse, notorious for his appearance in blizzcon making some people rly angry, he evn have a horde tattoo.

Henry Cavill raids
    he also missed his first casting call to play superman because he was mid raid

I almost went boom boom in my trousers during my freshman year of WoW so as not to miss a looking for dungeon queue. Back then it was more important than my job and homework, I once lost sleep over losing a roll on a purple dagger in Ulduar.

I look back with wonder and a facepalm.