Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Umm correct me if I'm wrong but there is also a box price to play the game. Then they have the most expensive cash shop I've EVER seen and I thought Final Fantasy, FIFA, Madden and so on had bad ones. But fuck SC is unreal on the prices.

If the box price, kickstarted money, outside investments and ship sales aren't enough to fund the game where you then need to turn to paint jobs to fund the game maybe dial back the damn scope of the game or stop taking 10+ years.
    I mean Train Simulator has over $10k worth of DLC but you know, you can actually use ALL of it ingame. Unlike SC where you have a possible screenshot or an artist rendition of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I mean Train Simulator has over $10k worth of DLC but you know, you can actually use ALL of it ingame. Unlike SC where you have a possible screenshot or an artist rendition of it.
    You can use all the ships ingame by just playing Star Citizen with a basic package (45$).

Better than being forced to buy 10k worth of DLC's to test them all which are basically reskin versions of the same trains don't you think?

Can you even go inside the carriages and check out the interiors while the train is travelling?
    Can you travel with your friends?
    Use your friends trains?
    Have FPS battles inside them?
    Steal them?
    Put Bikes inside the Train?
    Take them to the other side of the planet?

Doubt so.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Unpaid marketing guy and a script called "kenn" have returned I see. Shame the marketing is shit and the script is the same tired rubbish.
    Fortunately your great post, full of information and enlightenment wit saved the day, Well done!

All I can add, due to the pro bono nature of my craft, is that the new monthly report is out:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...eport-May-2021

And work on "animals/creatures" is ongoing:

"Another feature worked on was planetary navigation. The aim is to generate navigation mesh on planets that can be used by NPCs and animals around outposts"

Animation
    Last month, Animation worked on several different life animations, including those for vendors, searching behaviours, emergency reactions when in useables, civilian reactions to threats, medical revival, guarding and security, searching bodies, and reactions to dead bodies. They also worked on the tour guide and tourist for Invictus, supported a few new vehicles, and built testing rigs for two creature types and a salvage weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You can use all the ships ingame by just playing Star Citizen with a basic package (45$).

Better than being forced to buy 10k worth of DLC's to test them all which are basically reskin versions of the same trains don't you think?

Can you even go inside the carriages and check out the interiors while the train is travelling?
    Use your friends trains?
    Steal them?

Doubt so.
    Funny thing is, I don't defend a game. To me, if it turns out the way they state it will, great. If not, so be it. I'm just pointing out the fact that there are still ships in SC that aren't usable even though someone paid for them. If you get any DLC in Train Simulator 2021, it is accessible in the game in some way. TS 2021 is a train hobbyist thing moreso then a gamer thing. You are the one getting all offended if someone dares question SC. Me, I just don't care one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately your great post, full of information and enlightenment wit saved the day, Well done!

All I can add, due to the pro bono nature of my craft, is that the new monthly report is out:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...eport-May-2021

And work on "animals/creatures" is ongoing:

"Another feature worked on was planetary navigation. The aim is to generate navigation mesh on planets that can be used by NPCs and animals around outposts"

Animation
    Last month, Animation worked on several different life animations, including those for vendors, searching behaviours, emergency reactions when in useables, civilian reactions to threats, medical revival, guarding and security, searching bodies, and reactions to dead bodies. They also worked on the tour guide and tourist for Invictus, supported a few new vehicles, and built testing rigs for two creature types and a salvage weapon.
    Man, 2 creature types. NMS, a game that you stated was shallow, has far far more then that. Even at launch.

Funny thing is, I don't defend a game. To me, if it turns out the way they state it will, great. If not, so be it. I'm just pointing out the fact that there are still ships in SC that aren't usable even though someone paid for them. If you get any DLC in Train Simulator 2021, it is accessible in the game in some way. TS 2021 is a train hobbyist thing moreso then a gamer thing. You are the one getting all offended if someone dares question SC. Me, I just don't care one way or another.- - - Updated - - -
    It's not about defending, or attacking for that matter.

You're comparing apples with oranges. In this case, crowdfunding/pledging with buying a DLC of a officially released game.
    Which are, fundamentally 2 very distinct things on a fundamental basis.

When one pledges to help a company make a product that doesn't exist yet he does so knowingly so that said product might not be available immediately, in the near future or even be realised. As the reason to "buy it" early is to help make it a reality, which one hopes it comes true, but might not, because it's in the future.

When one buys a DLC of a released game from a official store they know that product is available right now. And expect accordingly.

Man, 2 creature types. NMS, a game that you stated was shallow, has far far more then that. Even at launch.
    Just because there's a lot of puddles doesn't make them less shallow.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-03 at 12:53 AM.

Just because there's a lot of puddles doesn't make them less shallow.
    NPCs have been broken for years, and even when they actually work, they are incredibly basic. I doubt that the creatures will do more.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CiG are developing a AAA game, those type of companies have 2-3k staff so CiG have less than 1/3rd of what a usual AAA developer actually has, and CiG spent years building up a company where most companies have the staff from the start. It takes time to develop all the tools a game requires and much of the work being done in SC is firstly going towards SQ42 so you dont see that in the PU.
    AAA studios also have an endpoint for development instead of piling more on it and milking players wallets

- - - Updated - - -

Use your friends trains?
    Steal them?

Doubt so.
    Yeah you just buy the reskins in SC lol

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all. It's the way around.

Indeed, that's why comparisons between Casual Arcade game with very basic and streamlined game systems (to not say boring and repetitive) and a SIM game with so much complexity and variety as Star Citizen are baffling.

I mean you'd never get make a entertaining videos like these in NMS:

There's simply not enough game systems in place to generate entertaining content besides the mindless repetitive grind/build/survive grind.
    Which is perfectly fine, if you enjoy those kind of more casual games.

They don't have to show you a end point just like Bethesda, Rockstar, Blizzard don't have to.

You just have to sit tight and when the company decides the game should be released you then decide to enjoy it or not.

Not the way around. This is how it as always worked, the only thing that changed with crowdfunding is that people are aware of the development of games from the inception instead of only in the last stages of development.

Companies don't need to change their development modus operandi to please you, you just have to adapt your perception of game development and understand that, either knowingly or unknowingly, waiting is part of it.
    You see blizz does give endpoints

Each WoW expansion they announce we know
    The amount of levels
    The amount of zones
    The amount of dungeons
    The amount of raids

I truly hope that SC is a great game but currently they worry more about the flashy aspects than they do making it functional which is sad

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    NPCs have been broken for years, and even when they actually work, they are incredibly basic. I doubt that the creatures will do more.
    We've been through this T pose/standing on chairs nonsense, it's server related and not related to NPC AI at all, normal sights in games in active development with server/loading issues.

You should know that by now.

Without those performance issues it acts without issues:

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    AAA studios also have an endpoint for development instead of piling more on it and milking players wallets
    They have, it's in their internal roadmaps of "what we would like to do" and change along the way, what you get to know publicly already underwent a ton of changes along the years. They milk their players as much as their players are willing to milk their content.

Yeah you just buy the reskins in SC lol
    If you want to, yes. Just like if you can buy an Expansion if you want to.

I truly hope that SC is a great game but currently they worry more about the flashy aspects than they do making it functional which is sad
    You don't need to hope. Game development is not some mythological event.

Yeah must be why they spend so much time and money developing technology to remove loading screens and mesh servers into one huge online universe. Such flashy aspects getting in the way of functionality.

They should've just made a "Looking for Group" tool and instance players together in a fake ship with fake skybox when in space and then magically teleport players to another instance with a planet skin. Much less flashy but much more functional. Back to the 00's we go.

In fact, Blizzard dev's should have stuck with 2d graphics and top down view to support more players into a server. Way less Flashy, much more functionality.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-03 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost impressive how willfully obtuse two posters in particular can be (Kenn and Anderson, in case anyone was wondering). It must be very difficult to answer straightforward questions instead of trying to distract by constantly talking about another game.

OT: Tried the game again for a few hours over the weekend. After watching some guides on controls and all that, I can still say the flying is the only good part of the game. Like, fuck, the flying actually feels really cool. The ship itself seems pretty sweet what with all the parts to it and all the different elements, and that was just a basic bitch ship. Everything else? Pretty shitty... Especially when servers crash almost like clockwork. Like, how can they still not have that functional?

It's strange how Anderson is always showing videos from several small sub accounts. It's almost like he doesn't have an account of his own or needs to cherrypick videos to "prove" people wrong........

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post

OT: Tried the game again for a few hours over the weekend. After watching some guides on controls and all that, I can still say the flying is the only good part of the game. Like, fuck, the flying actually feels really cool. The ship itself seems pretty sweet what with all the parts to it and all the different elements, and that was just a basic bitch ship. Everything else? Pretty shitty... Especially when servers crash almost like clockwork. Like, how can they still not have that functional?
    Because they don't care? They'd rather be designing new jpegs to sell or getting the NPCs to tuck themselves into bed at night than to get the servers stable. Meanwhile the zealots are convinced their lord and saviour CR is just going to sprinkle fairy dust about and magically get the server tech working all the while still throwing boatloads of cash his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    It's almost impressive how willfully obtuse two posters in particular can be (Kenn and Anderson, in case anyone was wondering). It must be very difficult to answer straightforward questions instead of trying to distract by constantly talking about another game.

Appreciated the tag but you lost me on which game you played. Was it the Star Citizen Alpha or Elite: Dangerous Odyssey?

Because Star Citizen Alpha is clearly marketed and labelled as a non released, work in progress game with a lot of unfinished and unpolished features.

I mean, don't you think That's what being wilfully obtuse really is?

Oh and btw, if it wasn't a 30k server error, the crash was on your end, probably lack of memory. A average "WoW PC" doesn't quite cut it for games in development as optimization is not done to the fullest.

Oh and btw, if it wasn't a 30k server error, the crash was on your end, probably lack of memory. A average "WoW PC" doesn't quite cut it for games in development as optimization is not done to the fullest.
    Make sure to keep insulting people, really helps drive your point home.

OT: I mean the servers meltdown every 3-4 hours as it is.

Make sure to keep insulting people, really helps drive your point home.

OT: I mean the servers meltdown every 3-4 hours as it is.
    What are you on about? How am I Insulting people? Drama much?
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-03 at 02:18 AM.

That's called waste of resources AND focusing on easy money by rushing the game
    Lord knows they are great at wasting resources and still focus on easy money considering the amount of years and money this vortex has sucked in to this point. It really is a fucking marvel.

Wait, player's bad computers are causing the servers to melt down every few hours? Thats a new one.

Its the CP2077 excuse - you wouldn't have problems if you had a 'good' computer.

Lord knows they are great at wasting resources and still focus on easy money considering the amount of years and money this vortex has sucked in to this point. It really is a fucking marvel.
    Could be worse, could be better.
    At least we get to play
    the best Space Sim Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Wait, player's bad computers are causing the servers to melt down every few hours? Thats a new one.

Its the CP2077 excuse - you wouldn't have problems if you had a 'good' computer.
    Now now, don't go on mixing stuff.

30k Errors are server related errors, but a less experienced player can CTD for low hardware issues and mistake those with server issues.

It happens a lot when games aren't optimized, which is the normal state of games in Alpha development.

Unfortunately Cyberpunk and Odyssey went gold with a lot of those issues because their dev's simply didn't have enough time to fix all the leaks for the sake of meeting a arbitrary release date set by the suits and payed (are paying) the price for it.

Fortunately CIG has no such problems.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-03 at 02:25 AM.

Fortunately CIG has no such problems.
    Yes they have an entirely set of different problems such as: Feature Creep, Requiring Jesus Tech, Keep the whales feeding them money.
    You know, simple stuff.

So CR has hit on the brilliant solution of never going gold so they never have to fix stuff.

Yes they have an entirely set of different problems such as: Feature Creep, Requiring Jesus Tech, Keep the whales feeding them money.
    You know, simple stuff.
    Those are only problems if your in a very desperate hurry to play a game like Star Citizen that you're willing to cut corners to reach release state which CIG and it's backers are not.

The benefits of open development and having a live alpha build playtesting service that is so far ahead the competition that players prefer it to "finished" games.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So CR has hit on the brilliant solution of never going gold so they never have to fix stuff.
    Going gold is overated. Just ask Anthem, Cyberpunk and Elite: Odyssey fanboys.