Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    World first on content released 8 years ago? Is this some kind of joke? How is it a world first in any way?

Private Server guild strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    World first on content released 8 years ago? Is this some kind of joke? How is it a world first in any way?
    8 years ago? are we in 2015 right now?

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Lol it's been longer then 8 yes bucko. I was I think 3 or 4 when this came out. So it's a world first to me

Already confirming what most people already knew is that TBC is not a hard expansion at all.

All the SSC/TK bosses will go down on day 1 of phase release - Kael may live a day longer but Vashj has no reason to stay alive, clicking an item in your bags isn't a hard mechanic.

TBC didn't get hard until Brutallus where it's a fight of squeezing every bit of possible DPS - A boss what Sludgefist was based on - But even then if by release time all the rogues are geared with Glaives, DST's and Madness of Betrayers then he'll probably die on day 1 too.

So don't get your hopes up about TBC being a challenge.

Congrats, they can finally sleep and degen grind another toon to 70 tomorrow, the only challenge being was they set themselves this challenge in the first place. All they needed was preparation, time off work & Blizzard servers to be stable which everything checked out all in all it was a relatively successful launch for the majority of servers.

Even in pre-nerf conditions none of the content will take any reasonable amount of time. We're playing last patch of TBC so classes are in their final stances so well organised guilds know exactly best classes / comp throughout, again back then most of the content wasn't hard most issues with raid performances came from people's internet and PCs being utter garbage.

Plus not to mention everyone knows macro's now, most have peripherals which greatly aid ability button pressing & movement (dont stand in the fire). Everything is just easier now.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2021-06-03 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Lolo, everything cleared within 24 hours - ABSOLUTE MENTAL ON the edge of my toilet seat action

You know what im excited for?

"yeah sure, but its the EASY content, you wait for Kara!"
    "yeah, but its only kara, you wait for SSC!"
    "yeah, but thats only SSC, you just wait for Hyjal, thats when it starts to actually get tough!"
    "hyjal? pft, thats nothing, BT will be a huge roadblock!"
    "BT? lol no one EVER said BT was going to be tough, it was Sunwell that was hard, its harder then mythic and will kill guilds!"
    "hard? no one EVER said tbc was hard, but wrath will show those mythic raiders what REALLY hard content is like!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

These "world first" raiders should attempt mythic Sire. But nooo... retail suck, TBC is harder!

They should have increased the difficulty across the board 20% to account for 14 years worth of thoerycrafting and guides.
    Last edited by yuze; 2021-06-03 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    Already confirming what most people already knew is that TBC is not a hard expansion at all.

All the SSC/TK bosses will go down on day 1 of phase release - Kael may live a day longer but Vashj has no reason to stay alive, clicking an item in your bags isn't a hard mechanic.

TBC didn't get hard until Brutallus where it's a fight of squeezing every bit of possible DPS - A boss what Sludgefist was based on - But even then if by release time all the rogues are geared with Glaives, DST's and Madness of Betrayers then he'll probably die on day 1 too.

Considering people back then had potato PC / internet, no clue how to play (even at the SWP level, I know I didn't know what the fuck I was doing back then!) I'm pretty sure Brutallus is gonna fall over.
    Hi

no one says tbc is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Considering people back then had potato PC / internet, no clue how to play (even at the SWP level, I know I didn't know what the fuck I was doing back then!) I'm pretty sure Brutallus is gonna fall over.
    I think Brutallus will fall over from class stacking if anything else. At least the guild on my server never did a whole lot of class stacking.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Gatekeeping the phrase world first is actually disgusting behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Gatekeeping the phrase world first is actually disgusting behavior
    It’s not really gatekeeping, but it would prob make more sense to call it Classic First. Specificity is important.

15 hours to 70 when the most optimized routes were 20-30? Was there a bug somewhere? I’d seen a comment elsewhere about exploiting layer swaps and quest turn ins, but not sure if that’s valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    It’s not really gatekeeping, but it would prob make more sense to call it Classic First. Specificity is important.

15 hours to 70 when the most optimized routes were 20-30? Was there a bug somewhere? I’d seen a comment elsewhere about exploiting layer swaps and quest turn ins, but not sure if that’s valid.
    The speculation was Slave Pens tagging. A very common exploit when levelling a Death Knight when WOTLK first came out where you'd enter SP with a group, leave the group, tag the mobs and let the other 4 people kill the mobs within the 60 seconds time period before you're hearthed out for leaving the group and then re-invited again to reset the timer to receive maximum exp.

It's certainly a bannable offence, I got banned for it myself when I levelled my DK on WOTLK release (72 hour ban - Extreme cases of it had their levels rewinded back to the start of the exploiting). Whether it's true or not that the exploit was used we'll never know.
    Last edited by OCoyne; 2021-06-03 at 05:06 AM.

there is no way kael lives a day,unless they release it with the same bugs it had,and im pretty sure thats not happening

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You know what im excited for?

"yeah sure, but its the EASY content, you wait for Kara!"
    "yeah, but its only kara, you wait for SSC!"
    "yeah, but thats only SSC, you just wait for Hyjal, thats when it starts to actually get tough!"
    "hyjal? pft, thats nothing, BT will be a huge roadblock!"
    "BT? lol no one EVER said BT was going to be tough, it was Sunwell that was hard, its harder then mythic and will kill guilds!"
    "hard? no one EVER said tbc was hard, but wrath will show those mythic raiders what REALLY hard content is like!"
    literaly no1 thinks wrath was hard,its on vanila levels of faceroll,actualy even easier in the case of naxx 80 vs naxx 60 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The speculation was Slave Pens tagging. A very common exploit when levelling a Death Knight when WOTLK first came out where you'd enter SP with a group, leave the group, tag the mobs and let the other 4 people kill the mobs within the 60 seconds time period before you're hearthed out for leaving the group and then re-invited again to reset the timer to receive maximum exp.

It's certainly a bannable offence, I got banned for it myself when I levelled my DK on WOTLK release (72 hour ban - Extreme cases of it had their levels rewinded back to the start of the exploiting). Whether it's true or not that the exploit was used we'll never know.
    Athene (what ever happened to that guy?) got banned for it as well. World first to 80 in WOTLK but they banned him cause he did the same thing where he'd drop group, tag everything, and his group would kill them.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Athene (what ever happened to that guy?) got banned for it as well. World first to 80 in WOTLK but they banned him cause he did the same thing where he'd drop group, tag everything, and his group would kill them.
    athene is still around,much smaller thankfully,hes a literal cult leader and still scaming people

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    athene is still around,much smaller thankfully,hes a literal cult leader and still scaming people
    Didnt he fake his death at some stage? I havnt heard anything about him since maybe like....cata? but yeah, google decided to tell me he was dead at some stage a while back. No doubt a publicity stunt of some kind.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Where have you been for the past 10+ years?
    This happened in classic too - my favorite was 3 posts in a row that looked something like this:

"Naxx will be the first real challenge in classic and will split the men from the boys"

"Literally no one has ever said anything in classic would be hard, even Naxx"

"Naxx will show mythic raiders what a real challenge is - i expect to see most guilds struggle, and many fall apart"