Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sure and how are racial and cultural tension in the USA ?
    negligible, at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    --
    if you have something to say, say it?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-06-02 at 06:45 PM.

Those predates the current US immigration policy. Keeping in mind that some of the earlier US immigrants did not come to our shores voluntarily.

To quote Alex Honnold, “Nothing good happens in the world by being happy and cosy. Nobody achieves anything great because they’re happy and cosy.” Without competition from new immigrants, the US will just grow fat, soft and lazy.

Case in point. A third of US Nobel Prize winners in chemistry, medicine and physics are first generation immigrants. If you include second generation immigrants, that number jumped to almost 70%.

Nine out of the top ten 2021 Regeneron High School Science Talent Search winners are either 1st or 2nd generation immigrants. I am not linking it. People can look it up themselves.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-06-02 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Those predates the current US immigration policy. Keeping in mind that some of the earlier US immigrants did not come to our shores voluntarily.

To quote Alex Honnold, “Nothing good happens in the world by being happy and cosy. Nobody achieves anything great because they’re happy and cosy.” Without competition from new immigrants, the US will just grow fat, soft and lazy.
    Sure but again the original quote was that China just need to immigrate people to fix their birth rate which is wrong. That would not fix anything and break a lot of other things at the same time.

Fear? No. Wary? Yes.

China is better for the US as a competitor than an ally. At least until the invasion of the mole people which will require humanity to unite and lead to the development of global government.
    We are neither a competitor nor an ally, we are a customer....their biggest, which is why the great conservative china panic is and always has been bullshit. China doesn't want trouble with the US, because they need us.Their population issues just further push them down on the worry list.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Sure but again the original quote was that China just need to immigrate people to fix their birth rate which is wrong. That would not fix anything and break a lot of other things at the same time.
    I am not sure whether it will hurt them or not. The US top the world with 1 million newly arrived (legal and illegal) immigrants per year. That won't even put a dent into China's problem. The US also have a nearby source of almost endless source of immigration from Central and South Americas. China does not have anything remotely resembling that. All their neighbors have much smaller population than China.

I am not sure whether it will hurt them or not. The US top the world with 1 million newly arrived (legal and illegal) immigrants per year. That won't even put a dent into China's problem. The US also have a nearby source of almost endless source of immigration from Central and South Americas. China does not have anything remotely resembling that. All their neighbors have much smaller population than China.
    We are not talking about the same thing and you are reasoning on an absolute scale it seems. China would need far more than a 1 million immigrant per year to fix their birth rate if immigration would be able to fix that in the first place.

We are not talking about the same thing and you are reasoning on an absolute scale it seems. China would need far more than a 1 million immigrant per year to fix their birth rate if immigration would be able to fix that in the first place.
    I am saying that since there aren't enough people willing to immigrate to China to make a difference, we won't know whether immigration will prove to be beneficial or detrimental to China. As for the US, despite all the rhetoric from the right, in term of keeping the population stable, and from economic and technological advancement perspectives, immigration has proven to be very successful.

I am saying that since there aren't enough people willing to immigrate to China to make a difference, we won't know whether immigration will prove to be beneficial or detrimental to China. As for the US, despite all the rhetoric from the right, in term of keeping the population stable, and from economic and technological advancement perspectives, immigration has proven to be very successful.
    So what is happening right now in the US is the population being stable ? I guess we do not see the world the same way. And you are mixing a lot of things in that and you are oversimplifying that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So, can we finally put to rest this notion that the US has to fear China now?
    Nope. The demographic consequences will take years to fully kick in. It is only just starting now, but it takes a while for people to grow old.

In the meantime China remains incredibly dangerous and powerful and they also know that they only have a short window of opportunity to act on that before the demographics come home to bite them. And that is liable to make them take extra risks. Just the other day one of their mouth pieces was saying they needed to build up a massive nuclear arsenal so that it would scare the US into taking no actions against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Nope. The demographic consequences will take years to fully kick in. It is only just starting now, but it takes a while for people to grow old.

In the meantime China remains incredibly dangerous and powerful and they also know that they only have a short window of opportunity to act on that before the demographics come home to bite them. And that is liable to make them take extra risks. Just the other day one of their mouth pieces was saying they needed to build up a massive nuclear arsenal so that it would scare the US into taking no actions against them.
    They are neither dangerous nor powerful. They are store owners and we are their biggest client. This whole making China the boogie man is nothing but a conservative attempt to create fear to keep the people distracted and compliant all while pumping money into the military industrial complex.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So what is happening right now in the US is the population being stable ? I guess we do not see the world the same way. And you are mixing a lot of things in that and you are oversimplifying that issue.
    It is very simple. Only hard core nativist try to overcomplicate this.

I have listed all the benefits of immigration in the US. Here is one more.

All numbers are from CDC. The provisional number of births for the United States in 2020 was 3,605,201, down 4% from 2019. This was the sixth consecutive year that the number of births had declined after an increase in 2014, down an average of 2% per year, and the lowest number of births since 1979. Here is the kicker. In 2020, approximately 3,358,814 deaths occurred in the United States. So from birth alone, the US had a net increase in population of 246,387 (+0.074%). Without immigration, for all practical purpose, 2020 would have been a break even year in term of US population.

Bottom line. Immigration is great for the US.

7+ Year Old Account

All numbers are from CDC. The provisional number of births for the United States in 2020 was 3,605,201, down 4% from 2019. This was the sixth consecutive year that the number of births had declined after an increase in 2014, down an average of 2% per year, and the lowest number of births since 1979. Here is the kicker. In 2020, approximately 3,358,814 deaths occurred in the United States. So from birth alone, the US had a net increase in population of 246,387 (+0.074%). Without immigration, for all practical purpose, 2020 would have been a break even year in term of US population.

Yea so I think the USA benefits from immigration so much because we give them a lot of freedom to explore their ideas and ways of thinking that are slightly different from ours. The CCP doesn't offer anyone that freedom and they actively kill any creativity that doesn't happen to be beneficial to the CCP, so immigrants can't play quite the same role in China until there is a massive change in their politics/leadership.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-06-03 at 04:35 AM.

Well those tensions have nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with a group of violent thugs who are just violent. I mean you don't go try to overthrown your government because the election didn't go your way now did it?

You have listed quite a list of benefits, we are then waiting for the cons list. As I said, it is not that simple. And something that works in the USA could not work the same in another country to complicate all that a little more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well those tensions have nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with a group of violent thugs who are just violent. I mean you don't go try to overthrown your government because the election didn't go your way now did it?
    So only the capitol attack is due to racial and cultural tension ? How much blind can you get ?

Well that's another discussion "if people want to go to China" but honestly I don't think it is that difficult.
    What we do know is that immigration in one way or another (which I include slavery) has been used as long as humanity itself to increase population because it kind of works.

When tribes wanted to become bigger and more powerful they didn't go and destroy other tribes, no they absorb (at least the women) into the tribe.

- - - Updated - - -

You have listed quite a list of benefits, we are then waiting for the cons list. As I said, it is not that simple. And something that works in the USA could not work the same in another country to complicate all that a little more.

- - - Updated - - -

So only the capitol attack is due to racial and cultural tension ? How much blind can you get ?
    I mean why are you feeling attacked? Does it matter if the "chinese race" stays "pure" or not?
    God....is it just a auto response to immigration because you know that the concept of moving from place to place is as old a the earth itself.

Well that's another discussion "if people want to go to China" but honestly I don't think it is that difficult.
    What we do know is that immigration in one way or another (which I include slavery) has been used as long as humanity itself to increase population because it kind of works.

When tribes wanted to become bigger and more powerful they didn't go and destroy other tribes, no they absorb (at least the women) into the tribe.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean why are you feeling attacked? Does it matter if the "chinese race" stays "pure" or not?
    God....is it just a auto response to immigration because you know that the concept of moving from place to place is as old a the earth itself.
    My point is, the immigration is not the magical solution you think it is. You just can't move lots of people from place to another and make it work as simple as you think it is, that's all. Immigration can work but it needs a lot of work. That is my point.

My point is, the immigration is not the magical solution you think it is. You just can't move lots of people from place to another and make it work as simple as you think it is, that's all. Immigration can work but it needs a lot of work. That is my point.
    Not really, If we go with how the angriest people react to changes we might as well never do anything.
    Your kind will find another thing to bitch out.

Again, immigration will solve part of the problem of China if not all depending on the number. Pre going genocidaal fase China had allot of immigration going on internally, allot of moving around from different parts of China.

It's not a magic solution at all it's a solution that has been used since the beginning of humanity.

Not really, If we go with how the angriest people react to changes we might as well never do anything.
    Your kind will find another thing to bitch out.

Again, immigration will solve part of the problem of China if not all depending on the number. Pre going genocidaal fase China had allot of immigration going on internally, allot of moving around from different parts of China.

It's not a magic solution at all it's a solution that has been used since the beginning of humanity.
    And if you think that did cause a lot of tension back then, you are delusional. And all you are refering to is the raid that happened between tribes to steal women and riches. Maybe that is what China should do, raid a neighboring country...

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe China should pass measures that force businesses to give strong maternity support, rather than punishing women for choosing to be mothers.

Must be mind blowing to the Chinese that simply increasing the child limit, but keeping much of their country's companies steeped in anti pregnancy culture policies still makes much of the very limited female population not want to have babies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"