Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ah, the usually idiotic thread filled with 90 % of retards who try to act all vindicated because people who already did the content, are among the best players of the world and have been able to prepare for it, down to optimizing their leveling path, for months, manage to do it quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ah, the usually idiotic thread filled with 90 % of retards who try to act all vindicated because people who already did the content, are among the best players of the world and have been able to prepare for it, down to optimizing their leveling path, for months, manage to do it quickly
    People are so hateful here, it’s really sad. Everyone is having a blast in the game right now. And here people are just bitter and salty…

Of course the content won’t be tough for players who prepared their whole life for this moment. That doesn’t mean it won’t be tough for us mere mortals once we get there. It won’t be as tough as back in the days but it the general population won’t just faceroll through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Of course the content won’t be tough for players who prepared their whole life for this moment.
    Talk about extreme hyperbole - this isnt climbing K2 mate, its wow. No one has spent their "whole life" preparing for killing bosses in wow classic. But hey, if that is what makes you feel better about yourself, no skin off my nose.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-06-03 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many were expecting this after APES killed Ragnaros before the world first level 60 even happened.

If you're playing TBC Classic and not expecting content that was previously released fourteen years ago and practiced for years on private servers to be cleared World First within mere hours of launch, then you need a reality check.

TBC is fondly remembered for its difficulty, but part of that difficulty was tackling content that was relatively unknown with a bad player base. The players have since gotten good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    People are so hateful here, it’s really sad. Everyone is having a blast in the game right now. And here people are just bitter and salty…
    Classic has always had an incredible amount of haters among the retail population, and these forums have been mostly filled with haters since their inception (usually the same guys, in fact). Nothing surprising, sadly. But yeah, it's clearly not the same dickheads shitposting here and actually playing the game. People in the game are simply having a blast.
    Of course the content won’t be tough for players who prepared their whole life for this moment. That doesn’t mean it won’t be tough for us mere mortals once we get there. It won’t be as tough as back in the days but it the general population won’t just faceroll through it.
    Pretty much. ESPECIALLY now that WB and stacking consumables aren't a thing anymore and can't carry 90 % of the raiders through ignoring most boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Where have you been for the past 10+ years?
    Ok ok, a few people says TBC is hard. Some more says specific bosses are hard. The rest live in the real world. Just because those few people spam a forum doesn't mean they're a majority.

Look up Silent Majority / Vocal Minority.

I want to know who thought that the most bleeding edge sweaty players who had 14 years to practice TBC wouldn't clear it quickly.
    Last edited by Lashiec; 2021-06-03 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    i expect to see most guilds struggle, and many fall apart"
    They did tho. I know, I was in one

Talk about extreme hyperbole - this isnt climbing K2 mate, its wow. No one has spent their "whole life" preparing for killing bosses in wow classic. But hey, if that is what makes you feel better about yourself, no skin off my nose.
    Talk about bitter people...

Of course I was exaggerating, duh. It's called having fun in life and making jokes. You should try it. Maybe it rubs the salt off you.

As expected, this has been an exciting race with ups and downs. *shivers*

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s sad that people rush through it. What´s the point on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    They did tho. I know, I was in one
    All guilds that fell apart was either players stopping playing or loot drama. Not Naxx difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It´s sad that people rush through it. What´s the point on it.
    Because some people find it fun to be 1st?
    The desire to be the best, fastest, richest, strongest, getting all the ladies etc. is what have driven humanity from shitting in caves to where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Time for the real challenge of phase 1. Karazhan should take a while, as it is quite the difficulty step up from Mag
    Kara is literally way easier than both Grul and Magtheridon wtf are you talking about XD
    Its just longer.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Where have you been for the past 10+ years?
    TBC is hard for people who discover the content. Also, Karazhan has never been hard.Gruul and Maghteridon were never difficult after they were hotfixed (the dps checks were decreased).

Also don t forget that what we have now is casual TBC, T5 wasn t released along the t4 and most likely boss hotfixes are already in.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The desire to be the best, fastest, richest, strongest, getting all the ladies etc. is what have driven humanity from shitting in caves to where we are now.
    Well, being 1st in sports by cheating usually means disqualification. One might say practising on various private servers would certainly count as cheating. The prestige is therefore pretty moot. And no, I don't believe for a second the world first re-release rushers didn't do private servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Depends whether or not people were cheating in slave pens or not. Also think staysanetv exploited group experience too level up his guy
    cheating how?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Well, being 1st in sports by cheating usually means disqualification. One might say practising on various private servers would certainly count as cheating. The prestige is therefore pretty moot. And no, I don't believe for a second the world first re-release rushers didn't do private servers.
    I was just answering a person who couldn't understand why a person wanted to be first at something

Whether going for "world 1st" in a 15 year old game that has already been played once is anything to be proud of is another question.
    Whether practising for said "world 1st" in a 15 year old game is "cheating" is debatable.But as "world 1st" isn't an official event then the point is academic anyway.

But my point still stands: The desire to be the best, first, fastest is natural for human beings. That desire often leads to "cheating", but has also led us from shitting in caves to being able to sit in a warm, dry house full of electrical appliances and interacting with people who are 1000's of kilometres away from you.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-06-03 at 08:56 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    The speculation was Slave Pens tagging. A very common exploit when levelling a Death Knight when WOTLK first came out where you'd enter SP with a group, leave the group, tag the mobs and let the other 4 people kill the mobs within the 60 seconds time period before you're hearthed out for leaving the group and then re-invited again to reset the timer to receive maximum exp.

It's certainly a bannable offence, I got banned for it myself when I levelled my DK on WOTLK release (72 hour ban - Extreme cases of it had their levels rewinded back to the start of the exploiting). Whether it's true or not that the exploit was used we'll never know.
    Yeah, a group on my server did that back in wotlk (stormscale). Boosted a pally named Darus in a race for server (or world) first, i think Athene was in the group healing aswell. but the guy they boosted got his level reset back to 70 and a warning when they had reached around lvl 78 and a half iirc. Probably thanks to the massive ticketspam of reports from all the other butthurt racers xD

- - - Updated - - -

This happened in classic too - my favorite was 3 posts in a row that looked something like this:

"Naxx will be the first real challenge in classic and will split the men from the boys"

"Literally no one has ever said anything in classic would be hard, even Naxx"

"Naxx will show mythic raiders what a real challenge is - i expect to see most guilds struggle, and many fall apart"
    Yeah its odd how many moronic posts there is about the supposed difficulty of stuff.

Stuff said by ppl whos either been living under a rock since vanilla or whos never done the content themselves. Or ppl who are just delusional tbh.

Anyone whos done the content knows what the difficulty was back then and how to overocme it. They also know the relative ease compared to more modern raid encounters, difficulty in raids have been steadly rising pretty much ever expansion, although its feels like its started to flatline some when blizz stopped the ability bloating around legion.

Any any1 whos dabbled in private servers also knows just how much more powerful players are today armed with the knowledge of years of optimization.

Still, even then i keep underestimating the world 1st racers
    I would've guessed at least a 20-25hours leveling time alone even for the sweaty ppl. This was impressive for sure.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Yeah.. 15 years ago when it was relevant maybe. Now it´s about having fun. It´s not fun to "kill" all the fun within one day...