10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There's a great Eddie Murphy stand-up bit about how, when you're starving, a Saltine cracker is an amazing feast and the best food you've ever had.

Trump supporters like @TexasRules and @Dacien think there's blood in the water, but it's a paper cut. And yes, they're forced to ignore the times Trump, who they support, said and did far worse things. Hey, remember when Gaetz paid a child to bring across state lines to have sex with her? Find their outrage to that.
    Hell, ask them about Trump refusing to settle the issue with Jean Carroll by giving some DNA

Whats the saying we used to hear all the time from the "law and order" people?
    "If you didn't do anything, you have nothing to be afraid of"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So I've sort of been thinking about this a lot. And it's sort of a very serious issue, right? Like, this isn't something that can be just swept under the rug like nothing happened. I've taken the uncomfortable position that I don't think this is what it looks like, and it hasn't been easy.

What I think happened is that he thought this little girl, by the way she appeared and the way she was dressed, looked like and was sort of like this little lady. Instead of saying "She looks like she's 19", he could have easily said, "She looks all grown."

Proverbs 25:3 says, "As the heavens are high and the earth is deep, so the hearts of kings are unsearchable." I've thought about that a lot. I'm not a sympathetic figure towards the Democratic side in the traditional sense, but I'm heavily dedicated towards what's actually going on. Not what the mood of the crowd is or what is advantageous politically or otherwise, but what actually happened. And when you're talking about something like this, it's more important than ever to be focused on what's accurate. And when I look at the video I have serious doubts that something untoward was actually going on. I have my doubts. I'm not convinced.
    Don't project your thoughts onto others.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

man, you know we have a boring ass president when all these right wingers clutch their pearls over the same kind of misogyny that made them love Trump. like holy crap you people are so vapid and without substance you think the anyone here is going to be moved by you when you voted for "grab em by the pussy", man? twice?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-05-30 at 06:31 PM. Reason: damn google telling me how to atuo correct and it doesn't even do that correctly ACK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    man, you know we have a boring ass president when all these right wingers clutch their pearls over the same kind of misogamy that made them love Trump. like holy crap you people are so vapid and without substance you think the anyone here is going to be moved by you when you voted for "grab em by the pussy", man? twice?
    Even more amazing is that a couple of those right-wingers were also completely OK with Roy Moore groping young girls because it was a "different era".
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Even more amazing is that a couple of those right-wingers were also completely OK with Roy Moore groping young girls because it was a "different era".
    well I wouldn't except anything else from wannabe Sean Hannity's.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Hell, ask them about Trump refusing to settle the issue with Jean Carroll by giving some DNA

Whats the saying we used to hear all the time from the "law and order" people?
    "If you didn't do anything, you have nothing to be afraid of"
    Not only that, but using the Attorney General of the United States and the DoJ in a civil matter. Which should be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Ok

MMOC polls are fun!

Edit:
    Also a good time to post this again.
    So when a democrat votes against someone simply for who they are, it's a vote against that person. When a conservative does it, it's a vote of support? Got any other made up proof, or is this all the sherlocking you could come up with? You think someone saying they will vote against a person is proof they support them. MOST of the people voting for Biden were voting against Trump, there are hundreds of posts exactly about it. You can't actually show me writing support of Trump, because it doesn't exist, so you made something looked like it, when I actually voted against the democrat. But i guess that only counts if you are a democrat, right hypocrite?

I got banned for an avatar/signature violation. Not sure how that works since i do not have a signature and my avatar has been the same for years....that's how much bullshit is here at the mmo champ board. An asshat can troll people with Fuck Texas in a covid post in the wrong forum, but I get dinged for a signature violation. And you think the mods are working against your liberal ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So your argument is that recent crimes shouldn't be investigated because some liberals have had brunch?????
    Who doesn't love brunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Who doesn't love brunch?
    Liberals!! Unamerican LIBURRRAAAAAAAAAAAALSSSS!!!

I was just about to go have some brunch but then i went to their facebook page and they are closed today.
    What kind of joint closes on a holiday....its the best time to stuff your face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    man, you know we have a boring ass president when all these right wingers clutch their pearls over the same kind of misogyny that made them love Trump. like holy crap you people are so vapid and without substance you think the anyone here is going to be moved by you when you voted for "grab em by the pussy", man? twice?
    well at least they moved on to something important...like...umm....

the VP saying "enjoy the long weekend".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Liberals!! Unamerican LIBURRRAAAAAAAAAAAALSSSS!!!

I was just about to go have some brunch but then i went to their facebook page and they are closed today.
    What kind of joint closes on a holiday....its the best time to stuff your face.

- - - Updated - - -

well at least they moved on to something important...like...umm....

As someone who has lost many military brothers and sisters in wartime, as well as their struggles in peacetime. I take no offense by such remarks

Enjoy the long weekend.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Yeah, that's because Biden said

Democracy itself is in peril, here at home and around the world. What we do now -- what we do now, how we honor the memory of the fallen will determine whether or not democracy will long endure.

We owe the honored dead a debt we can never fully repay. We owe them our whole souls. We owe them our full best efforts to perfect the union for which they died.

Empathy is the fuel of democracy. Our willingness to see each other not as enemies, neighbors, even when we disagree, to understand what the other is going through.

This nation was built on an idea, the only nation in the world built on an idea. Every other nation is built on ethnicity, geography, religion, etcetera. We were built on an idea, the idea of liberty, an opportunity for all.
    Kind of hard to say something negative about that. "Nuh-uh! Democracy is about imposing your selfish will on others! And we were founded on religious mandates and slavery!" doesn't play as well.

Yeah, that's because Biden said

Kind of hard to say something negative about that. "Nuh-uh! Democracy is about imposing your selfish will on others! And we were founded on religious mandates and slavery!" doesn't play as well.
    It's easy to be negative when looking at current wars... they died in vain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presented without further comment.

Biden congratulates election of new Israeli president amid agreement to oust Netanyahu

Israel’s parliament elected center-left politician Isaac Herzog to the nation’s number two post. He is expected to assume to the role in July at the end of the seven-year term of current Israeli President Reuven Rivlin.

Biden made no mention of Netanyahu in his statement late Wednesday, hours after a coalition reported to Rivlin that it had reached an agreement to replace the prime minister amid political turmoil in the country.

Biden said in the statement that he “extend my warm congratulations to Isaac Herzog on his election to serve as the 11th President of the State of Israel.”

“Throughout his career, President-elect Herzog has demonstrated his unwavering commitment to strengthening Israel’s security, advancing dialogue, and building bridges across the global Jewish community,” Biden said. “I am confident that under his presidency, the partnership between Israel and the United States will continue to grow and deepen.”

Biden also thanked Rivlin “for his many years of service to the people of Israel.” The president said he looked forward to welcoming Rivlin in Washington “in the coming weeks to honor his dedication to the enduring partnership and the close friendship between our two nations.”

Texas valedictorian goes viral after giving unapproved speech blasting state's anti-abortion bill

She is going to UT Austin. A bunch of my daughters employees are UT graduates. They are freaking liberals. They are far more left leaning than the people that I used to hang around with in UC Berkeley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another strong, solid job report.

"How big is it? AHWINK"

Almost half the size of Trump's biggest job loss.

"But Breccia! You said Trump didn't really get credit for a lot of economic stuff that happened in his first year! Shouldn't the same apply here?"

Indeed. Most of what we're seeing, including the strangely low previous jobs report, is the free market reacting to outside forces. Granted, these "outside forces" mostly include the vaccine distribution, which is why in this report the hospitality industry fucking exploded with new jobs.

But, well, two things.

1) Biden began working on vaccine distribution and related efforts on Day One. Trump didn't do anything this major until he got the tax cut for the rich passed. So, yes, Biden's direct actions have helped, not caused but helped, this growth.

2) If Trump supporters give Trump credit for things that happened under his first year (for example, Spicer's famous "the numbers became real") then they must also give Biden credit for yet another strong, solid job report. It's both or neither. Their hands are tied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another strong, solid job report.

"How big is it? AHWINK"

Almost half the size of Trump's biggest job loss.

"But Breccia! You said Trump didn't really get credit for a lot of economic stuff that happened in his first year! Shouldn't the same apply here?"

Indeed. Most of what we're seeing, including the strangely low previous jobs report, is the free market reacting to outside forces. Granted, these "outside forces" mostly include the vaccine distribution, which is why in this report the hospitality industry fucking exploded with new jobs.

But, well, two things.

1) Biden began working on vaccine distribution and related efforts on Day One. Trump didn't do anything this major until he got the tax cut for the rich passed. So, yes, Biden's direct actions have helped, not caused but helped, this growth.

2) If Trump supporters give Trump credit for things that happened under his first year (for example, Spicer's famous "the numbers became real") then they must also give Biden credit for yet another strong, solid job report. It's both or neither. Their hands are tied.
    The Beltway has both angles covered!

Also, Biden Admin quashed Trump's ANWR shenanigans.

Silence as usual from the Green wing of the GOP.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-06-03 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unemployment drops to 5.8 percent.

Man, can you imagine in 2017 people saying "thank goodness we're back under six percent"? I mean, barring Trump supporters pushing that 42% ridiculousness?

In a completely unrelated story:

Our Ruling

Biden said that two senators — Manchin and Sinema — "voted more with my Republican friends" than with the president from their own party.

Manchin and Sinema support continued use of the filibuster, a position that imperils key elements of Biden’s agenda. Manchin also defied Biden on one cabinet nomination and on aspects of the president’s coronavirus relief bill.

But on actual votes taken in the Senate, both Manchin and Sinema supported Biden’s position 100% of the time. We rate the statement Mostly False.
    "Why are you citing a Biden lie/misstatement/untruth? I thought you backed him."

Oh, I do. That's why it's disappointing when he says something, intentionally or otherwise, that's not the truth. We had 5 years of false promises, misinformation, outright lies and conspiracy theories from Trump. Biden should be striving to be better than that. Plus I would be a hypocrite if I didn't.

Unemployment drops to 5.8 percent.

Man, can you imagine in 2017 people saying "thank goodness we're back under six percent"? I mean, barring Trump supporters pushing that 42% ridiculousness?

The Corona crisis caused a backlog of work that nows need to be resolved. i would not be surprised if a lot of these new jobs are temporary . I will just wait untill things calm down a bit before making such claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    The Corona crisis caused a backlog of work that nows need to be resolved.
    I'm somehow not surprised that a basement dweller thinks that jobs are "backlogged" and will just go away afterwards.

Stay salty that Joe Biden's economic recovery is much better than anything Trump ever had

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm somehow not surprised that a basement dweller thinks that jobs are "backlogged" and will just go away afterwards.

Stay salty that Joe Biden's economic recovery is much better than anything Trump ever had
    All the job growth that we’re seeing now? Obviously a backlog for which Biden’s competent handling of the pandemic and push for middle class growth is not responsible and that his liberal policies will undoubtedly destroy.

But All those pipeline jobs that even the company constructing it said were almost exclusively temporary? Obviously Biden isn’t taking these actually permanent, never to be replaced gainful jobs into account when he bows to the radical hippy liberals and ends its construction!

/s
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.