Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to check the show out last night, was very much okay at first but by episode 3 onwards I got so bored . I feel Jupiter's Legacy is like a few years behind, that there are so many better super hero shows out there now that this just feels weak and dated in comparison, not adding anything new and everything I have seen before.

I mean if you are a super hero junkie and want your fix this is good, with that said I do not know the source material. So its probably better. But everything just looked cheap and dated like mid 2000's TV show quality. I did not enjoy the characters, once again I hope the sourse material does them justice.

Not sure I'll invest in any more some season 2 (if it gets a second season). But this was literally very painful to get through for me.

Netflix being very hit or miss with their shows. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-12 at 10:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finished it last night. The flashback story line was my favorite part: I tend to love "origin" story lines. The rest of the series was ok, some interesting stuff here and there. Kind of got turned off by the constant "I hate my parents" bs.

Regardless of the things I didn't care for, would like to see a 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Finished it last night. The flashback story line was my favorite part: I tend to love "origin" story lines. The rest of the series was ok, some interesting stuff here and there. Kind of got turned off by the constant "I hate my parents" bs.

Regardless of the things I didn't care for, would like to see a 2nd season.
    Don't worry, hating the parents thing won't last for long. Because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Watched the first episode. Seems incredibly heavy handed, and the daughter is abhorrently annoying. I'll give it an episode or 2 more, but this feels like yet another in a long line of Netflix duds.

Enjoyed it more than I expected to.

The first couple episodes felt clunky to me in multiple ways; like the show was trying to figure itself out and so were the actors. Once the show found its stride it was much better.

Not the greatest thing I've ever seen, but certainly entertained enough to find myself looking forward to a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Just finished watching it, it wasn't great the story felt really disjointed and not enough happened in the current timeline.

I could understand the code about not killing when dealing with normal humans, but when dealing with super villains it made no sense and should have been allowed in extreme circumstances, like when Blackstar was going to go nuclear.
    That's literally the core conflict of the show. You should feel a certain way about it and you should agree with some characters and disagree with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The problem I had with the killing vs no killing is when Brandon did it, it was completely justified. You should be allowed to defend yourself and others. Later on when they wanted to kill Baryon's partner there was no immediate danger and it felt like the show wanted us to think of the two events as the same.
    Not really. The show wanted you to think that some people feel the two events are the same and some people don't.

Enjoying the first season. Having read the comic first, I must admit, the fleshing out of the son should realllly pay off in season 2. Then again, seems like everyone's gotten fleshed out compared to the comic, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

i am 3 episodes in and am enjoying it so far.

Just finished binge watching the whole thing.

That code bs got people killed. Sheldon should be ashamed of himself. He should be depowered!

Watched it all, was alright, son/father dynamic was enjoyable, the daughter on the other hand was annoying literally every single moment she was on, please kill her off so she can be of some value.

I also I REALLY hate when shows/comics/whatever have clones that reach the top tier of power, it completely devalues all the power in the universe for me, as there is no reason one side couldn't just make clones to overwhelm and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

People are still into Netflix and superheroes? What year is it again?

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Watched it all, was alright, son/father dynamic was enjoyable, the daughter on the other hand was annoying literally every single moment she was on, please kill her off so she can be of some value.

I also I REALLY hate when shows/comics/whatever have clones that reach the top tier of power, it completely devalues all the power in the universe for me, as there is no reason one side couldn't just make clones to overwhelm and win.
    Sure she is annoying - why wouldnt a superhero possibly be annoying if they are simply humans with powers? Yes, the edge and "woe is me" are too much, but either read comics or... just wait until next season comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    People are still into Netflix and superheroes? What year is it again?
    The one where we are having fun. Your post is about as well thought as "who uses FB/Twitter/Insta in 2021, amirite?!"
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Sure she is annoying - why wouldnt a superhero possibly be annoying if they are simply humans with powers? Yes, the edge and "woe is me" are too much, but either read comics or... just wait until next season comes out.
    It might just be me, but I am so tired of the edge/rebel against parental figure trope, I feel shows/movies now a days have 2 settings for children, uber loyal or hail satan rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    It might just be me, but I am so tired of the edge/rebel against parental figure trope, I feel shows/movies now a days have 2 settings for children, uber loyal or hail satan rebellion.
    Yep. Usually it is coupled with everyone doing the worst possible (read, most retarded) thing in each situation too, because have to have some drama for the sake of drama, I guess.
    Take that haters.

Finished it yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Especially the 30s timeline, that was a great origin story. But we're a bit puzzled by the ending... I get it, cliffhangers happen all the time, but here it seems literally nothing is concluded. Neither the "main plot", or the Chloe/Hutch shenanigans, not even the origin story. That seemed like the middle of an episode...

Even the "twist" reveal was a bit confusing - If Walter did that all by himself, I have no idea what he was doing inside "fake Black Star"'s consciousness.

If there is no Season 2 I'm gonna be frustrated.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-05-24 at 07:11 AM.

Rofl that was short, Jupiter's Legacy is cancelled. No Season 2.

Apparently they'll be working on another serie featuring the antagonists in the same universe somehow. That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Rofl that was short, Jupiter's Legacy is cancelled. No Season 2.

Apparently they'll be working on another serie featuring the antagonists in the same universe somehow. That's weird.
    That's... a questionable choice.
    Take that haters.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, read an article today about it - they are going for a show on the Super Villians and telling it from their point of view, instead of the hero side.

Honestly, the way the quotes read (from the people involved in the show and this decision) made it sound like they (at best realized) "listened to?" the feedback about the hero side of the story 'being done already and better' by all these other shows, and specifically mentioned a show on super villians being 'fresh' and 'not really explored' as to why they were switching gears.

They also talked about developing the super villian show "to expand out the entire universe" of this book series/universe and mentioned that the JL characters 'could return in the future' or some such, implying the idea of going all 'marvel' with their universe and having inter-twining shows going (?) - assuming success of course.

If its NOT just positive-spin talk to make it sound like this 'is still good - we're all good here - we're fine' - then good luck to them. But after reading that it felt more like since this first show didn't hit the numbers/popularity they wanted they are desperately trying to come up with another show within the same IP to do the job. Could be wrong. I was watching the feedback on the first season still deciding if I was gonna give it a go (obviously won't be now) so I'm not an 'expert' on any of this IP - just my take away from the comments I read from the article.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

I think the shocking revelation is that they spent $200m on this and it looks this cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    I think the shocking revelation is that they spent $200m on this and it looks this cheap.
    Wait really? it looked like garbage.

It had high viewership and strong audience reviews but that 200m price tag...

Critics panned the show as well.