Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It's a bit disingenuous to use your job to solidify your non-nolife status, while saying you had to take a week off from it to do what you did. You replaced your work hours with WoW playing hours, which allowed you to still spend time with your wife and kids. For folks who don't have the option to take a week off from work to level, 1-2 week wasn't plenty of time or easy, or required them to sacrifice family/friend time to level.

Just saying...your post reads that leveling to 60 is so easy, even someone who has real world responsibilities and still has to spend many hours on work and family can still do it. Almost like you forgot you already mentioned you were able to do it by taking a week off from work.

And yes, as you noted, it 100% depend on how much time you are prepared to invest, and what else you are willing to sacrifice. I'm not saying you taking a week off or any other sacrifices you might made were wrong. Just saying some people, who like you are also not nolifers, may only have a couple hours of free time a day to invest in WoW. For them leveling to 60 in two weeks isn't as feasible (and many have less time than that).

IMO, the better argument is not, "leveling to 60 in 2 weeks is so easy, if you can't do it you are bad". The better argument is that you don't need to reach 60 by launch day. If someone only plays a few hours a week, than the people they already play with will likely still be completely ready to play with them when they reach 70.
    The fact that he has the balls to say he took a week off of work and he managed to do it is hilarious.. yeh.. all he had to do is take a week off of work... "Cmon guys why are you all complaining? Just take a week off of work."

It wasn't nearly enough. Blizzard lied about giving players time to level Belfs and Draenei. And professional gamers who play 24/7 using boosts don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It wasn't nearly enough. Blizzard lied about giving players time to level Belfs and Draenei. And professional gamers who play 24/7 using boosts don't count.
    Yep I played every min of free time I had over 2 weeks and still didn't hit 60. Its not what they said at Blizzcon plus original TBC prepatch lasted 40+ days so thats what I expected atleast.... As others have said it was most likely to sell boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    People cried that you wouldn't have the time get full 14 rank pvp set or level the new races or even both...

I saw 3 days into pre-patch that we had many 60 lvl shamans in the groups and the frequency increased when days went by.

I personally done both and it goes to show that people whine for the sake of whining...
    "It worked for me so it should work for everyone else, regardless of our difference in circumstances"

CONGRATS on letting everyone know you grew up without empathy. My condolences to your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    "It worked for me so it should work for everyone else, regardless of our difference in circumstances"

CONGRATS on letting everyone know you grew up without empathy. My condolences to your parents.
    If you read my whole post, you would know that I mentioned other players not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Congratulations on having nothing to do all day.
    Didn't get rank 14 in pvp but work 50-60 +hrs per week, have a wife and 2 kids and got my shaman to max level and partially raid geared

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    MMOs have never until like WoW Legion been particularly skill intensive games, even at the highest levels.

Compared to other game genres that is, MMOs are really casual in mechanical requirements.
    WoW arenas since BC since it literally was percentage based for where you finished for rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    WoW arenas since BC since it literally was percentage based for where you finished for rewards?
    Yes good example to draw on, an unbalanced mess. Compare BC arenas (or any wow arena season) to games which are skill based and mechanical and not, class based such as cs, starcraft.

People cried that you wouldn't have the time get full 14 rank pvp set or level the new races or even both...

I saw 3 days into pre-patch that we had many 60 lvl shamans in the groups and the frequency increased when days went by.

I personally done both and it goes to show that people whine for the sake of whining...
    Us with normal play time or not enough gold to pay for dungeons boost are still grinding to reach lvl 40

2 weeks was to force some ppl to pay for the character boost

If you read my whole post, you would know that I mentioned other players not just me.
    If you knew what empathy was, you would know why you're wrong.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, two weeks is going to be enough for anything if you no-life it.

For anyone with a semi-normal work/life/family balance, two weeks was just right at the limit of the range of a healthy leveling experience in free time.

Why try to defend this crap though? It's fairly obvious the timeline was entirely for financial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    If you knew what empathy was, you would know why you're wrong.
    How does one 'know' what is empathy, you feel it don't you?

Yes good example to draw on, an unbalanced mess. Compare BC arenas (or any wow arena season) to games which are skill based and mechanical and not, class based such as cs, starcraft.
    Blizzard as a whole has issues with balancing and MMORPGs balance will always be what it is, but it is still skill based gameplay. May not be as good of a PvP experience as a FPS or MOBA but anything where you take the top 10% and only reward people in that fashion will be a skill based reward system.

Blizzard as a whole has issues with balancing and MMORPGs balance will always be what it is, but it is still skill based gameplay. May not be as good of a PvP experience as a FPS or MOBA but anything where you take the top 10% and only reward people in that fashion will be a skill based reward system.
    This is a flat out lie, implying that tbc arena doesn't have an incredibly predetermined meta. You can probably predict with 99% certainty which exact comps will be highest rated and for how long.

If simply picking the right class combination gives you +50% win rate over those that do not pick the right class combination, then it's hardly solely a matter of player skill.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-06-03 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I started a Shaman on the day after the pre-patch (since the first day was completely shot), and I managed to get to 60 about 4 days from release. I have 4 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes played, and was using an outdated Allyroute addon to railroad my way. Didn't buy a single boost run (did accept one run from a bored level 60 to clear my stockade quest log, ty).

So eh, results vary from people but it's completely doable.
    4 days from release would mean you played almost 12 hours a day

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Remember the time when TBC started and you made your Bloodelf/Draenei character on day 1 and not day -14?
    This isn't 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    4 days from release would mean you played almost 12 hours a day
    4 days /played

I completely worded it wrong
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

This is a flat out lie, implying that tbc arena doesn't have an incredibly predetermined meta. You can probably predict with 99% certainty which exact comps will be highest rated and for how long.

If simply picking the right class combination gives you +50% win rate over those that do not pick the right class combination, then it's hardly solely a matter of player skill.
    Sure it is, when you realize that the majority of people playing TBC Classic will be playing these predetermined comps because the TBC meta has been known for 15 years and we won't get any balance changes.

Sure it is, when you realize that the majority of people playing TBC Classic will be playing these predetermined comps because the TBC meta has been known for 15 years and we won't get any balance changes.
    So how can you accuse the game of being skill based, when so much of it is predetermined and mitigates so much player agency and skill.

So how can you accuse the game of being skill based, when so much of it is predetermined and mitigates so much player agency and skill.
    I don't think player agency, choice, etc has an impact on whether an activity takes skill. Skill is simply whether an individual is better at doing something than another person. The statement that it takes skill to get Gladiator, something only obtained by the top .05%, does not become easier to obtain because 90% of the people you face are playing the same comp as yourself or one of 5 meta comps. End of the day it takes skill to meet these goals because only a small % of players can possibly earn them.

If you are looking for a PvP based game that does not take skill then look at Old School RuneScape. The outcomes of fights are entirely decided by a random number generator rolling a dice. You can get better armor, more stats, buffs, and there used to be something on there where having a higher 'priority' on the server by being connected longer mattered - but there wasn't an element of 'I made better decisions than you, faster than you' that would affect the outcome of a fight.