Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Seasonal Affix

If feels really nice to drop the pressure of having certain percentage at exact points in the dungeon and while it will take some planning to get to the the mini-bosses as a tank main and not overcap the % - I feel like this could return some players to tanking and ease the pugging problem. On the same note, skipping may be much more of a "requirement" because you can collect % in better packs.

What are your thoughts on new affix/powers? ofc. we should be aware, that powers are still very much just in balance phase.

Most of them are passive and you barely notice them outside of bigger numbers. Inspire 'felt' powerful because you went big and red and it was a sizeable buff. If they added things like player growing in size to bolster and volcanic *actually* being visible it might get more interesting. Especially if it's worth shrouding/skipping and working backwards to get certain buffs early.

Haven't read much about the new powers but I am glad pride is gone. Depleting a key because a badly spawn pride will easy pressure on tanks since they won't have to make the exact perfect pulls. Also, I have happened to suffer some depletes because someone pulled this extra mob, spawning a pride when it's not supposed and automatically leaving the key because "the key is f*cked. gl clowns".

I suppose, whatever powers they add will be enough as long as they are not random kiss/curse ones.

As someone who plays m+ a lot since legion, the season affix feels a bit boring. powers are passive, they are not related to your class in any way like in Torghast. minibosses are interesting, each having his "element", but i dont feel excited about powers like you cast volcanic or you heal every 3 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    As someone who plays m+ a lot since legion, the season affix feels a bit boring. powers are passive, they are not related to your class in any way like in Torghast. minibosses are interesting, each having his "element", but i dont feel excited about powers like you cast volcanic or you heal every 3 sec.
    I think it's better than 8.2 or 8.0 seasonal affix for me.
    I would argue that S2 could feel more fun because lul dps and S3 was quite cool because of freedom you had. Anime powers itself apart one or two are okayish, but it's a good affix in a way where you are not confined on your route too much and it's a kiss/curse rather than 8.2. Really really hated it

So far it is looking good.
    No RNG powers (they stay the same all week, dunno if it is per dungeon or overall).
    Most of the mini bosses are in your usual path, so you don't need to go out of your way to get them an then factor the extra % from clearing out of the way trash.
    Hopefully they are tuned so that there is no absolute best and you can make your choice depending on what the dungeon is and what you are lacking in your group.
    Right now there seems to be a BiS for all roles, Volcanic for DPS, thorns for tank and mana orbs for healers.

One of the best things about it, is that mini-bosses don't aggro if you pull mobs through them. Makes it so you can easily deal with them by themselves, rather than some iffy placement causing nightmare pulls in some dungeons. The powers seem ok - nothing too spicy, but still enough to change the way you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Hopefully they are tuned so that there is no absolute best and you can make your choice depending on what the dungeon is and what you are lacking in your group.
    Right now there seems to be a BiS for all roles, Volcanic for DPS, thorns for tank and mana orbs for healers.
    This. I hope this would be the case too. I don't mind if some are stronger as such, but it would be nice if they were balance enough so you could pick powers to improve the painpoint mitigation some i.e. you are good on DPS, but you are lacking on survivability, you are not scuffed too much if you don't take best DPS powers.

Tbh, I don’t see it pulling people into m+ who aren’t already loving them.

The seasonal affixes should add fun, not more difficulty, to a m+ dungeon. It’s just overly tedious to do and not really fun.

I’d prefer the seasonal affixes be goofier, sillier, and more fun. Like halo skulls. Cuz right now, it’s the fun factor holding m+ back from the populace, not any arbitrary difficulty. They feel like a chore to do, not a fun time

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    This. I hope this would be the case too. I don't mind if some are stronger as such, but it would be nice if they were balance enough so you could pick powers to improve the painpoint mitigation some i.e. you are good on DPS, but you are lacking on survivability, you are not scuffed too much if you don't take best DPS powers.
    It'll be min/maxed fairly quickly since they're on a fixed rotation each week, i.e. you always know exactly which powers are available. They're also not MASSIVE differences for the most part so it'll be mostly about having to kill extra minibosses and getting something mildly useful in return. I don't think it'll be some OP bigbrain meta thing where one power changes everything you do.

But who knows, more testing and more balancing are sure to come.

To me personally it feels like a bad version of the BFA obelisks, which tbh I found a lot more attractive in terms of what they did for the dungeon.

Was hoping for something a bit crazier than what it seems to be, but understand there might be balancing issues at play. Just keep the currently planned systems for the guys pushing the high keys (say 20+), and let the rest of us doing 2-19 keys just play with super wacky shit That's my dream.

was there a chance to test this affix? Isn't it that the extra mobs may appear in random packs (often those out of the way), forcing you to adjust your route with every run?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I'm very excited for this affix. Should be way more fun if you aren't trying to optimize your route perfectly. Prideful was very stressful as a tank doing only a few keys a week.

This affix seems less frustrating so far than Prideful. Maybe even fun. Yes, people will moan that it's too samey and that there's no excitement when you know what mob is gonna offer what anima powers in advance, but RNG anima powers in m+ that could either make your dungeon run really smooth and faceroll easy or make it an absolute pain to go through based on nothing more than how the dice lands would be the easiest way to kill m+.
    This affix makes me want to do m+ more than I currently do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    was there a chance to test this affix? Isn't it that the extra mobs may appear in random packs (often those out of the way), forcing you to adjust your route with every run?
    It's being tested on the PTR right now. So far it seems that the lieutenants are in fixed locations per dungeon and show up on the dungeon map when you start the run.

The adjustment (if any) is whether the buff granted by defeating the lieutenant is worth the time to kill said lieutenant factoring in that not killing a lieutenant empowers the last boss.

On fortified weeks, this may be a non-issue from certain lieutenants and will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Case in point: Oros Coldheart (LT) debuff is that it causes players to move at 50% movement speed. There's not a lot of constant movement necessary for Lord Chamberlain in HoA so if the Anima powers that Oros drops are movement related, then it might be worth skipping this LT.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Case in point: Oros Coldheart (LT) debuff is that it causes players to move at 50% movement speed. There's not a lot of constant movement necessary for Lord Chamberlain in HoA so if the Anima powers that Oros drops are movement related, then it might be worth skipping this LT.
    My exact thoughts.
    What dungeon, what powers, how long it takes to kill them, how in the way are they and so on. It will make it even more interesting. Altho I understand if some people don't like playing with the routes.

I can see a new DoS meta rise (or any dungeon that allows 'skipping' bosses):
    Get to 100% first, gather all the powers on the way and then just face roll all bosses with 4 powers.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I can see a new DoS meta rise (or any dungeon that allows 'skipping' bosses):
    Get to 100% first, gather all the powers on the way and then just face roll all bosses with 4 powers.
    Maybe for Tyrannical but definitely not on Fort. Some of the anime powers you get are far better for trash than bosses anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Maybe for Tyrannical but definitely not on Fort. Some of the anime powers you get are far better for trash than bosses anyway.
    Very true. Huntsman's Muzzle - When you attack a new creature, they are silenced for 3 sec, would be great for caster trash gathering (trash in front of Xy'mera's wing).

Still would need to know if Signet of Bolstering (Enemies that die within 40 yds Bolster you, increasing your damage done by 4% for 20 sec stacking up to 5 times. Successive stacks do not increase duration) works on bosses that summon adds that do die. Like last boss in Mists or Echelon in Halls of Atonement, that could be quite good.

As usual, more testing needed!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long do the Anima powers last for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.