Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing on an Xbox Series X.

I’m about 7-8 hours playing into ME1LE with no issues, crashes, glitches or anything so far. Squad mates have walked in front of me while I was firing once or twice, and one got separated from the team further than should have been normal while running the space station.

So far it’s been a fun walk down memory lane. I played all the originals when each first came out, but after beating the games never went back for subsequent play throughs, so it’s been nice. Games seem to hold up pretty well.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2021-06-01 at 11:51 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Where does everyone place the monument to the Normandy Crash Site?

Mine is here:

To me, putting it in front of the CIC's hull where the ship's name is visible is just the right spot.
    It can be placed elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yep. According to Wiki it can even be moved afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    From memory the possible locations are:

By the hull (as pictured)

By the Mako

By the Galaxy Map

By the pods

By the bridge

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, quite a few places, as posted above. You can move it at any time. I just love the spot I always put it.

That’s the one DLC that always makes me emotional. Pressly, the ship, seeing Kaiden’s memory…

I got so used to holstering my weapon when I'm exploring in the previous games, it feels really dumb to be walking around pointing a sniper rifle at everyone/everything when I just want to loot stuff or talk to people (ME3). And they butchered the captain's quarters music, every track is terrible, doesn't feel the same as this beauty

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo ummm... Tali again is highest popular companion?

https://twitter.com/destructoid/stat...21814900776960

Like really? Well at least, they changed portrait in Shepard cabin in ME3. No spoilers.

Tali died in my playthrough because she became disloyal after I allowed Legion to upload the data. I don't really miss her much as I find others are more useful squad members anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

Like really? Well at least, they changed portrait in Shepard cabin in ME3. No spoilers.
    Link is broken for me, but that's not surprising TBH. Tali and Garrus have historically been the most popular squadmates, and she has some particularly... devoted fans as well. Me, I'm an Ashely, Garrus, Wrex and Mordin man.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Dunno if this is for whole trilogy or just ME1, but for ME1 there is purely technical reason: you need high Decryption and Electronics skills to loot everything and Tali is the only squadmate who has both talents open from the start. Garrus and Kaidan need to unlock them by going deep into other talents first.

10+ Year Old Account

What's her new portrait look like? By all means spoil me. I don't plan on doing a Tali romance any time soon with the remake and I'm curious.

Dunno if this is for whole trilogy or just ME1, but for ME1 there is purely technical reason: you need high Decryption and Electronics skills to loot everything and Tali is the only squadmate who has both talents open from the start. Garrus and Kaidan need to unlock them by going deep into other talents first.
    Also personally when I played the orginal game I would mostly go with the female teammates because well they are hot but also Tali as tech and Liara did something that I as a soldier couldn't.

One question about ME:1 in the LE.. Are there still achievements that give you combat bonuses or did they get rid of those bonuses altogether?

I remember missing out on some achievement related to having Liara as a companion in the original because I didn't pick her up until after I had already completed every quest on the citadel.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Tali, Garrus and Liara always been the most popular characters. Theres also the fact Tali and Garrus are the only characters that are in your squad in every game. So most people will logically bind to them more, they are also romancable in 2 of the 3 games that is not cut between two games. Liara is the only character that you can have somewhat a 3/3 games relationship because of the DLC.

How scuffed are the remasters? Should i delay getting this for a few years and let it get fully cooked in the oven?

Well this is a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    One question about ME:1 in the LE.. Are there still achievements that give you combat bonuses or did they get rid of those bonuses altogether?

I remember missing out on some achievement related to having Liara as a companion in the original because I didn't pick her up until after I had already completed every quest on the citadel.
    The bonus talents are unlocked by getting the related achievement for using the ability in a playthrough. In Legendary Edition the achievements were updated so that you can get credit fro them when you command squadmates to use the abilities instead only counting casts done be Shepard. Squadmate auto-casts still won't work.

Bonus talent can be picked only for a new character during character creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just made a really important discovery. Due to a humorous little bug during one of the Firewalker missions, Shepard's tech armor was floating above the vehicle. What this implies is that for the game to work, Shepard must always be on screen. But he's SUPPOSED to be inside the vehicle, so BioWare disabled his model. This means that were he not invisible, Shepard is always riding the Hammerhead like a giant space cowboy.

I'm really bad at FPS style gameplay (I'm on the PS4), but I really want to enjoy this game. Any tips to improve my combat? I picked soldier so I could tank my way through the game, but is their a class that would be better suited for a less...shooty play style?

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I'm really bad at FPS style gameplay (I'm on the PS4), but I really want to enjoy this game. Any tips to improve my combat? I picked soldier so I could tank my way through the game, but is their a class that would be better suited for a less...shooty play style?
    Any of the more biotic focused classes should do the trick, it's more "magic" than shooting, though you're still gonna need to shoot folks. IIRC it's a bit weaker in ME1 and is much better in 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    How scuffed are the remasters? Should i delay getting this for a few years and let it get fully cooked in the oven?
    Me and two friends playing haven't encountered any bugs other than few crashes in ME2 outside of combat. I'm almost at 130+ hours played, doing everything thoroughly and enjoying the atmosphere and everything looking polished. Our PCs exceed the recommended specs.

But it's funny to read of gems like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I just made a really important discovery. Due to a humorous little bug during one of the Firewalker missions, Shepard's tech armor was floating above the vehicle. What this implies is that for the game to work, Shepard must always be on screen. But he's SUPPOSED to be inside the vehicle, so BioWare disabled his model. This means that were he not invisible, Shepard is always riding the Hammerhead like a giant space cowboy.
    Coincidence that they used a cowboy song for the ME Andromeda trailers? I think not. Not that it helped them.