Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its not world first, that happend years ago. Find a new name for it.
    In my opinion yes it is. Care with me, figurally speaking, this world first happens in other game with suffix "Classic" name, vanilla release and now TBC. Original game had world first in 2000 era. Now it completely different game with more skilled players that have experience, also patches and game is not 100 same as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by lolec123 View Post
    In my opinion yes it is. Care with me, figurally speaking, this world first happens in other game with suffix "Classic" name, vanilla release and now TBC. Original game had world first in 2000 era. Now it completely different game with more skilled players that have experience, also patches and game is not 100 same as it was.
    It’s literally the same game, replicated as closely as possible to the original.

The correct connotation would be “Classic World First”.

The same boss with the same mechanics in a re-release was killed 14 years after the original. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by lolec123 View Post
    Easier game balanced with 2.4.3 talents, end of expansion items (caster metagem and spell hit gem already ingame, post hotfix bosses, 2.1 karazhan itemization, etc). World first happened years ago, in this case it is simply a reclear in an easier game.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    It’s literally the same game, replicated as closely as possible to the original.

How do you define "original" in this case ? Bosses and content in TBC has been hotfixed and nerfed (some even had their mechanics reworked over the course of the expansion), itemization changed over the courses of patches (karazhan gear buffed, some metagems and gems added), etc. Also, T5 isn t release along with the game in tbc classic while it was in the game in the old tbc from the start.

lmao....holy fucking shit, do you really believe that? Most SHIT guilds will spend 20 wipes at the very most extreme end of it... Content is a literal joke no matter what patch, pre this, talent this, content is garbage easy, always has been and always will be, no matter how many versions you release or try to excuse it with... Garbage easy.
    Back in TBC there were some tight dps checks before hotfixes. The reason KT wasn t killed quickly was due to a DPS check that was hotfixed.

IDK how after so much time playing wow people still don t understand Blizzard handle raid progression with dps checks. It was the case in tbc and every expansion since then. When the dps checks are alleviatee, then the content becomes easy.
    Last edited by Stanelis1; 2021-06-04 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I dont think world first means what you think it means. Actually i'm confident you have no idea what it means

- - - Updated - - -

lmao....holy fucking shit, do you really believe that? Most SHIT guilds will spend 20 wipes at the very most extreme end of it... Content is a literal joke no matter what patch, pre this, talent this, content is garbage easy, always has been and always will be, no matter how many versions you release or try to excuse it with... Garbage easy...
    Yep. Imagine comparing pull count of Magtheridon to something like Mythic SLG which is literally light years ahead difficulty wise (especially nerfed Mag which is what's in the game). I did this stuff when it was live and yeah I had a great time. But sometimes we have to come back to reality and in reality TBC bosses are an absolute joke complexity wise compared to today's Mythic difficulty bosses.

TBC Classic came out on Tuesday. You're thinking of regular TBC. I can see why you made that mistake.

In terms of TBC Classic, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I dont think world first means what you think it means. Actually i'm confident you have no idea what it means

- - - Updated - - -

lmao....holy fucking shit, do you really believe that? Most SHIT guilds will spend 20 wipes at the very most extreme end of it... Content is a literal joke no matter what patch, pre this, talent this, content is garbage easy, always has been and always will be, no matter how many versions you release or try to excuse it with... Garbage easy...
    Lmao like I dont even remember spending more than 50 wipes on any boss in tbc, pre 2.4.3 which is what tbcc is so its a viable comparison.

Honestly though after doing some pug dungeons with a few guilds who claim they're going to be raiding since they did it back in the day, I can def see some guilds breakups on hkm lmao. Players are still bad, I guess even when I clicked in tbc i was still in the upper third percentile of being able to click a box no more than once despite being on dsl.

Watching hunters back pedal and tanks tunnel trash mobs at 15% rather than the 80% one you just know is about to swap to the warlock has been a treat. You underestimate the overconfidence of raiding guilds this time around... the persistence of going beyond 30 wipes before guild disbands will not be there however

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It´s sad that people rush through it. What´s the point on it.
    It's called speed-running and a number of gamers enjoy doing such.

- - - Updated - - -

They were the first players in the world to defeat T4 in Classic TBC. It doesn't take much to figure out what people mean when WF is given throughout Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The world first on this stuff happened in 2007.

Were you guys truly excited when everyone cleared Naxxramas in under two hours?

I enjoy playing it again but can't understand the attraction of watching these pathetic races where everything is dead instantly.

Retail world first races are fun because you can see strategies evolve over 100-200-300 pulls.
    It's speed running vs trying to overcome an encounter. Different animals with their own appeal.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I just got world first killing Gruul with a Brewfest Hat and a shovel while singing Nightsong over the comms. Clearly, this requires a thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I just got world first killing Gruul with a Brewfest Hat and a shovel while singing Nightsong over the comms. Clearly, this requires a thread.
    video's or it didn't happen. Just playing, but I do kind of want to see that.

7+ Year Old Account
    ic ant believe tier one raiding is being cleared already holy shit
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    <Progress> currently 3 bosses down in Karazhan
    <Progress> has killed Gruul - 1 shot
    <Progress> currently 20% on Magtheridon

Who do you think is going to win the race to world first?

- - - Updated - - -

Does Anyone Know Where <Apes> Is Currently?

World first was like 15 years ago. Threads like this are so idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Bold of you to assume I haven't been doing this on Friday nights for years!
    Back to topic, Classic wow showed that yes, many players are better nowadays and many are still awful.
    I pride myself on knowing I'm bad, which is slightly better off than thinking I'm good. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    video's or it didn't happen. Just playing, but I do kind of want to see that.
    Shit, my bluff got called.
    I don't have a Brewfest Hat..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    So you took my fame from me? HAVE AT YE *brandishes shovel*

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    For a child yes, but if you are an adult I have bad news..
    so are you saying that
    classic content is hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    so are you saying that
    classic content is hard?
    I suggest you read my first post again, if you still cant get what I am saying then finish elementary school first and then come back.

But no I am not saying that. I said that people mistake difficulty with the difficulty of the content, when the difficulty comes from competition (Which classic doesnt really have).

Running 100 meters is easy, running 100 meters faster than Usain Bolt is hard. Killing bosses is easy, but doing it faster than your competition is not if there are 1 000 000 other tryhards doing it.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-06-05 at 04:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Back to topic, Classic wow showed that yes, many players are better nowadays and many are still awful.
    I pride myself on knowing I'm bad, which is slightly better off than thinking I'm good. /s
    Why would that be a point of pride? Bad is still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    World first was like 15 years ago. Threads like this are so idiotic.
    Not for TBC classic it wasn't. Comments like this are so idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The correct connotation would be “Classic World First”.
    This thread is literally in the "classic wow" section of the forum, everything is about classic no need to mention it specifically.