Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post

WoW and FFXIV official forum moderators are to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. I witnessed someone get a perma ban in the FFXIV forums for reporting someone for harassment. It appears as if they banned him by mistake instead of the instigator and wouldn't reply to his appeals.

I have inside info about WoW's official forum moderators which is why I personally never take them seriously. Their blues are sometimes something to be desired as well. I've debunked one of them in the CS forum while defending another poster who was seeking help.
    Well it doesn't matter much. Only like the lore forum anyway. General discussion is awlays whining. In game chat is nice and never had a ban or warning ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    He never waited for the party just ran like a madman which was annoying as hell as we were in Tam-Tara with quite a lot of corners that, you know, break line of sight. Nobody died, but it did make my job considerably harder. I remember checking his details to make sure he is new or not and being shocked when it turned out he had everything at 80.
    This is kind of how dungeons work in FFXIV though, especially at higher level. I'm really not seeing the issue. Tanks typically do run ahead, even in parties where everyone knows what's going on. Getting LoS'd doesn't matter that much if the healer catches up in a relatively short time frame.

A brand new tank would typically kill each and every pack individually. It's the veteran tanks that mass pull everything.

I'm honestly confused about your apparent confusion about this, this seems perfectly normal to me, especially for someone who has everything at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I legitimately can't even count the number of times in WoW where a person will queue as a role just for quick queues. Example: a paladin will queue as a tank but will be in ret spec for the whole dungeon/lfr. Or a shaman queues as heals but is in elemental/enhancement. It happens SO often. I'm legitimately surprised you haven't seen it much.
    Fortunately for me I can count on 1 hand how many times I've done a heroic or lower dungeon or LFR in the last 3 expansions.

0. As a matter of a fact I've done LFR once in my entire life. Is that why I've never seen it? Is it only occurring in matched content where it's trivial and people don't care? I simply don't do that content. I don't even do the dungeons on normal usually. I just wait until I'm at max level and jump right into mythic. It's much more fun to me to learn it on a harder difficulty with minimal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Would you mind pointing to some examples of that then because I've never seen that. If it's in fact the truth and as common as you say then surely there should exist a lot of evidence.
    To be fair, it's a little rude of you to request me to cite examples when you ignored the several questions that I asked you. Myself and the Wangmin both are great examples of bans that made no sense (mind you, I'm speaking about my 10 day ban, not my perma which was well earned ). Depending on the effort you put in on responding to my inquiries I'll gladly invest effort in to find more examples for you.

He never waited for the party just ran like a madman which was annoying as hell as we were in Tam-Tara with quite a lot of corners that, you know, break line of sight. Nobody died, but it did make my job considerably harder. I remember checking his details to make sure he is new or not and being shocked when it turned out he had everything at 80.
    What is this "waiting for the party" stuff? He's the tank, you guys should be following him at all times. I'm still struggling though why the rest of the party and you were behind walls actively engaged and needing healing, while the tank was simultaneously needing healing and running ahead. I actually fail to see how that could actually occur if the tank is playing correctly. For instance, no ranged could be doing DPS in that situation. Nor could any melee. Therefor I don't quite understand how you could be needed on both sides of the wall.

Now if your argument was that he's just a shit tank and didn't have aggro on anything causing split focus across the LoS issue that's fair, but that's just them being awful at the game, and make no mistake some of the most AWFUL players I've ever seen in this game have all 80s in every job and multiple mentor crowns.

Me for example. I have a perma ban on the official forums. First offense as well. We were theorycrafting about the last zone of Shadowbringers. Obviously we didn't know about the Tempest. One guy suggested Garlemald. I replied that if the whole empire would be turned into a single zone [Forum poster who is a huge fan of Garlean Lore] Would put SE HQ to the torch.

Got a weekly ban that was extended to be a perma ban while the week was going on.
    Now that's toxic to me. Not what you said, but that they banned you for that and then extended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I didn't say it was, I said I can see how someone may perceive it that way. Good example was this game's predecessor, I befriended a guy who was often told "come on man" "hurry up..." "be faster". He one day had time to tell me that he's partially paralyzed and it hinders his reaction times. So he is not able to get any better than he already was. Though this is just one example. From their perspective, seeing "you need to do this too" may seem frustrating as it is but added comments may only exacerbate things.
    This comes back to the age old argument of online gaming. If you can't play at the standard should the rest of the community cater downwards or should these players seek like minded players? Alternatively, if you want to run content efficiently should these players expect others to put maximum effort in (effort =/= skill), or should they be seeking like minded players?

To give insight, it's very strongly insinuated that the Non-JP community adheres to the latter. However, the JP community is very big on using matchmaking for only quality gameplay.

In your example - this player if on NA could expect to be somewhat catered to in matchmade content, but in JP they'd be forced to use PF or friends, etc. to do content because of their disability. Which one is right? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    This comes back to the age old argument of online gaming. If you can't play at the standard should the rest of the community cater downwards or should these players seek like minded players? Alternatively, if you want to run content efficiently should these players expect others to put maximum effort in (effort =/= skill), or should they be seeking like minded players?

To give insight, it's very strongly insinuated that the Non-JP community adheres to the latter. However, the JP community is very big on using matchmaking for only quality gameplay.

In your example - this player if on NA could expect to be somewhat catered to in matchmade content, but in JP they'd be forced to use PF or friends, etc. to do content because of their disability. Which one is right? Why?
    I don't think I'm going to that extreme. What would really be the standard anyway?

In my example, there is no right/wrong. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I don't always adhere to some cultural things. I don't always buy into it. Call me nuts, but that's just me. I dealt with that crap enough in FFXI...

If my acquaintance played this game, they'd be well within their rights to use the DF to play something. Same applies that if the group doesn't think he fits, they have an option. I'll openly admit I've used it for people who were just not cutting the mustard. I've also used it to kick people who come into leveling duties with glowing weapons and make comments like "hurry up, scrubs".

But in his case, when it comes to DF, most of the time, it goes by fast enough not to matter. People's performance usually only becomes a real factor in non-matchmade content, at least from my experience. I've always advocated that if you're wanting min/max people, creme of the crop, etc... ask for it in your FC, not at randoms.

5+ Year Old Account

What is this "waiting for the party" stuff? He's the tank, you guys should be following him at all times. I'm still struggling though why the rest of the party and you were behind walls actively engaged and needing healing, while the tank was simultaneously needing healing and running ahead. I actually fail to see how that could actually occur if the tank is playing correctly. For instance, no ranged could be doing DPS in that situation. Nor could any melee. Therefor I don't quite understand how you could be needed on both sides of the wall.

Now if your argument was that he's just a shit tank and didn't have aggro on anything causing split focus across the LoS issue that's fair, but that's just them being awful at the game, and make no mistake some of the most AWFUL players I've ever seen in this game have all 80s in every job and multiple mentor crowns.

Now that's toxic to me. Not what you said, but that they banned you for that and then extended it.
    Well like I said the run was a total clusterfuck. And I don't normally have this issue. This was specific to this run. He was constatly ahead of all three of us not even just me. But I think we have devoted him more than enough time. He was just one cunt not thinking of anyone else despite his supposed experience.

And yes, that ban was effed up but I don't like the official forums enough to try to appeal.

And yes, that ban was effed up but I don't like the official forums enough to try to appeal.
    It's not even worth it there. Appealing is a joke. Their own GMs told us that they're moderated by an outside company but not long ago, someone asked if they're still doing that and a GM replied something like "this old rumor still floating around?"

The graphics. From an outsiders perspective. Also: The fights look just like long and monotone repetition dances.

Fortunately for me I can count on 1 hand how many times I've done a heroic or lower dungeon or LFR in the last 3 expansions.

0. As a matter of a fact I've done LFR once in my entire life. Is that why I've never seen it? Is it only occurring in matched content where it's trivial and people don't care? I simply don't do that content. I don't even do the dungeons on normal usually. I just wait until I'm at max level and jump right into mythic. It's much more fun to me to learn it on a harder difficulty with minimal gear.

To be fair, it's a little rude of you to request me to cite examples when you ignored the several questions that I asked you. Myself and the Wangmin both are great examples of bans that made no sense (mind you, I'm speaking about my 10 day ban, not my perma which was well earned ). Depending on the effort you put in on responding to my inquiries I'll gladly invest effort in to find more examples for you.

It happens in matchmade activity CONSTANTLY and it drives me insane.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    See? I told you guys to never, ever offer up any information about your (potential) failings, problems, shortcomings, whatever. A little quote about how a tank was LoSing you turned into multiple people over multiple pages trying to pick you apart over it.
    Very true XD

Anyway this which game is more toxic and how toxicity manifests issue could be turned into its own scientific study. I have seen plenty of nonsense on both sides regarding how they perceive this issue.

Like:

WoW side: FFXIV players are overly sensitive snowflakes who can't take criticism
    Also them: LoLL why would anyone play this pedo weeb trash. I sure as hell won't play a single minute

FFXIV side: We are way more welcoming that the WoW community filled with shortsighted blind toxic sheep (oximoron much)
    Also them: If you don't like the game, go back to WoW.

WoW side: FFXIV is just as toxic because *anecdotal evidence*

FFXIV side: Everyone who says we are as toxic as WoW she like totally die in a fire for lying. And their dog as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    The graphics. From an outsiders perspective. Also: The fights look just like long and monotone repetition dances.
    Well that IS pretty much it. There are tons of mechanics and markers so you are constantly on the move. There is very rarely a time when the whoe party is hitting the boss.

But you can turn that around. I watched streams of the Sylvanas heroic fight and you have like five mechanics in total? Coil 9 had more instant death mechanics in the second phase of the fight. It looked unimaginatice and simple. It just depends on what you are used to.

Pretty sure that in both games doing a fight is much more interesting than simply watching it.

See? I told you guys to never, ever offer up any information about your (potential) failings, problems, shortcomings, whatever. A little quote about how a tank was LoSing you turned into multiple people over multiple pages trying to pick you apart over it.
    I can see people asking questions, trying to reach root cause (within reason) but yes, on the same token, it's usually not worth what it explodes into.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this one has been beaten more than a dead horse but the biggest problem I have is that final is in the name but it never is the final one.

Well that IS pretty much it. There are tons of mechanics and markers so you are constantly on the move. There is very rarely a time when the whoe party is hitting the boss.

But you can turn that around. I watched streams of the Sylvanas heroic fight and you have like five mechanics in total? Coil 9 had more instant death mechanics in the second phase of the fight. It looked unimaginatice and simple. It just depends on what you are used to.

Pretty sure that in both games doing a fight is much more interesting than simply watching it.
    I want to play my class and not some DDR.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I'm sure this one has been beaten more than a dead horse but the biggest problem I have is that final is in the name but it never is the final one.
    It gets worse Endwalker is not the last expansion for Final Fantasy XIV

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I understand you here. Do you think WoW raids don't have mechanics? Ground effects? Movement? Things to do other than your rotation?

(Having flashbacks of Ragnaros)
    He is glad cause WoW Raids have less mechanics LOL and he can play his totally unique builder-spender-wait for procs class.

It gets worse Endwalker is not the last expansion for Final Fantasy XIV

- - - Updated - - -

He is glad cause WoW Raids have less mechanics LOL and he can play his totally unique builder-spender-wait for procs class.
    I legitimately once had someone say that Ultimate raids in FFXIV are easier than LFR in WoW. The lies people will tell to avoid saying anything negative about WoW is wild.

5+ Year Old Account
    I legitimately once had someone say that Ultimate raids in FFXIV are easier than LFR in WoW. The lies people will tell to avoid saying anything negative about WoW is wild.
    My favorite is that FFXIV expansions have as much content as wow hotfixes. Hilliarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in fairness I would have to say that WoW's class and raid design are just hands down superior to XIV. If hardcore raiding is your focus, I can't recommend XIV over WoW.

Still, the complaint was strange! Like you don't move in WoW? Weird.
    To each their own. The class design was one of the things that drew me to FFXIV. Granted it was before Role Actions but still.

My favorite is that FFXIV expansions have as much content as wow hotfixes. Hilliarious.

- - - Updated - - -

To each their own. The class design was one of the things that drew me to FFXIV. Granted it was before Role Actions but still.
    PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALLY SAID THAT?! Holy shit. I hope the people that say that stretched before all those mental gymnastics.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in fairness I would have to say that WoW's class and raid design are just hands down superior to XIV. If hardcore raiding is your focus, I can't recommend XIV over WoW.

Still, the complaint was strange! Like you don't move in WoW? Weird.
    I don't see how you can say this in earnest. the raid design in WoW is child's play compared to everything I've experienced in FFXIV.

I don't see how you can say this in earnest. the raid design in WoW is child's play compared to everything I've experienced in FFXIV.
    Post your armory and I'll go through your progress history.

Post your armory and I'll go through your progress history.
    Utterly irrelevant and I haven't seriously raided since Legion. Compared to the mythic fights I've done and the Extreme fights I've done in FFXIV(which isn't even the highest difficulty), FFXIV fights are more complex and more difficult. So there is no reason for me to post my armory since you will use any small bit you see to somehow invalidate my comment. I don't play immature games like that so I won't be posting my armory. Your insistence in seeing my armory also shows you've never actually played FFXIV.

Utterly irrelevant and I haven't seriously raided since Legion. Compared to the mythic fights I've done and the Extreme fights I've done in FFXIV(which isn't even the highest difficulty), FFXIV fights are more complex and more difficult. So there is no reason for me to post my armory since you will use any small bit you see to somehow invalidate my comment. I don't play immature games like that so I won't be posting my armory. Your insistence in seeing my armory also shows you've never actually played FFXIV.
    And will not waste a single cent on it. You and many here show the same symptoms of:
    - fed up with WoW
    - switching to another game
    - said game has to be better by default, otherwise your choice wasn't right

And will not waste a single cent on it. You and many here show the same symptoms of:
    - fed up with WoW
    - switching to another game
    - said game has to be better by default, otherwise your choice wasn't right
    WoW actually is fucking garbage. Blizzard doesn't give a shit about quality anymore, something Shadowlands has proven. The gameplay of FFXIV is worlds more interactive than WoW ever has been. I don't need to say FFXIV is better to justify switching. Blizzard does that for me with their absolute garbage they feed the players now lol.