Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i like the artstyle but it's probably not for me. but good on them for doing something different.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

I do see some wildstar inspiration, but my biggest dislike you can only play as a boring human.

But you aren't just a boring human. For 30 seconds you are a "legendary creature" that hasn't been seen in years. You are so special in fact that all the romanceable npcs wanna bone you.

Sure the trailer shows humans swarming over the area like a plague and all the architecture looks human but lorewise humans are supposedly the least boring species in the game. https://www.ign.com/articles/palia-announcement

Not sure how you come up with a storyline like that and only show 2 non human people in your entire town lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the genre, but considering who is behind it I'll give it a go. It looks like a chill game, kind of like Valhiem, that sort of game that is there to waste a good stressful evening on.. Yea sign me up I say

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I do see some wildstar inspiration, but my biggest dislike you can only play as a boring human.
    IF they could make you a Dwarf I would not only be in but I'd offer my left arm to boot. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-06-04 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like a game that my 9 years old would like to play.

and it's not a bad thing imo.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow...rarely I've seen an artstyle that is lacking so much in soul...it is like the random unity pay2win game clone you find on googleapp for phones...big yikes, verdict final

Well at least they aren't making "Hey look its wow but not"..if anything the promises has almost an old school Star Wars Galaxies vibe which I know isn't too many people's cup of tea but if you don't like it don't play it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The no combat thing turns me off. Looks like a harvest moon/animal crossing online hybrid.
    Where are you getting no combat?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Where are you getting no combat?
    https://www.polygon.com/22492638/pal...ey-social-game

While there is some combat, none of it is mandatory.
    It's not super clear and a lot of folks think it's a combat-less MMO (I did too!), but apparently there will be some combat, just entirely optional. Which I super dig.

No ADHD action pisses me off so hard I have to shit on a game that isn't targeting the crowd I associate myself with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i like the artstyle but it's probably not for me. but good on them for doing something different.
    Good on you for coming to a conclusion civilized people make lol

15+ Year Old Account
    It has to deal with a pretty saturated market of single player games of a similar type. Not sure how they mmo style will work out though if they market to the younger audience like Free Realms did back in the day they might get a few years
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I really don't get this growth of artstyle like this in games, I hated it when Zelda tried it, and I hate it now. It looks like some BAD 90s cartoon art style, and will automatically mean no matter how amazing the gameplay is I won't touch the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It has to deal with a pretty saturated market of single player games of a similar type. Not sure how they mmo style will work out though if they market to the younger audience like Free Realms did back in the day they might get a few years
    Well could work well...this seems to me like Star Wars Galaxies without the Star Wars and a lot of people play Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley multiplayer so doing that without the extra hoops to jump through would be nice. Plus honestly I commend them for making an MMO that isn't just wow with a coat of paint

10+ Year Old Account
    Bold idea and the big emphasis on the more mundane stuff is a turn off(qq more people). I probably won't check it out but there's no hatred here. Obviously some people will enjoy it, Honestly combat mechanics generally aren't what turns me off from any MMO usually, I think people are just jaded on a personal level they can't enjoy things. I doubt there will be no toxicitity though, it comes with the territory with over millions of people on the internet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

i hope for some day, i read EXACT same title, click on thread and find...

...a dark 18+ MMORPG game, heavily focused on quality, containing well defined combat, a new stylish world (regardless if scifi or fantasy) with some new touch and deep immersion, no shitty nitty gritty features that no real gamer really wants, good well thought systems like chat, grouping etc. and focusing on the core aspects like combat, encounters, pvp etc.

or in short: a game, not made for the mass broad audience (including everyone 12+, girls and anime fans), not looking like the next mobile, Switch, Unity Engine, Pixxar clone, not having tainted roses and happy happy unicorns and not following every fukin feature or pattern every second other game do, while focussing on quality quality quality, in just a few core aspects, rather than in a big feature list.

if THAT game is announced, by prominent „ex-xxx devs“ i will listen.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-06-05 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks EXACTLY like My Time at Portia.

My headcanon is that since this is made by ex-Blizzard devs, they got so frustrated at WoW having no player housing, they just built Player Housing without the WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    People complain about doing "chores" in WoW and then get excited when they have to do literal chores like cutting wood, farming and fishing.

Also game looks like hot garbage.
    It's because it's not Blizzard asking them to chores. The bias.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Or, because those "chores" are more fun and engaging in other games than they are in WoW. There's a reason games like Stardew, Story of Seasons, and Harvest Moon (even if it's the fake Harvest Moon now) are pretty darned popular.

Also the fact that the people complaining about the chores and the targeted audience of this game are not the same..

Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Also the fact that the people complaining about the chores and the targeted audience of this game are not the same..

Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing ring any bells?
    That's a downside to a game becoming mainstream. It attracts people who are outside its audience. Look at the people who hate levelling, hate questing, hate dungeons, etc who come to the game to do one part of it and resent having to do anything outside that one part in preparation. Spoke with a guy who wanted to pvp and hated the idea of having to Torghast to get his leggo. I suggested maybe a moba where your character comes fully prepared and you just have to play it might be more to his liking, didn't get a reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, because those "chores" are more fun and engaging in other games than they are in WoW. There's a reason games like Stardew, Story of Seasons, and Harvest Moon (even if it's the fake Harvest Moon now) are pretty darned popular.
    See above.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

See above.
    I guess, but that's more for games with a lot of diverse/different types of content. These farming/life sim type games are usually a lot more focused in their direction/audience so you're not getting the guy that just wants to get the top tier gear but hates needing to do tradeskills, or the guy that just wants to tradeskill and hates having to run dungeons and level, or the PvP guy that just wants to PvP and doesn't give a fuck about literally anything else.

Again, this is a game that's not really directed at the WoW crowd or anything, much more for the folks who like Stardew/Story of Seasons or even some older/lower budget crafting MMO's whose names I can't remember. I thought it was Town of Salem but it's definitely not >.<

Again, it has nothing to do with Blizzard and everything to do with the type of game it is and the audience it's trying to reach.