15+ Year Old Account

Dragon Quest III (Dragon Warrior III for the GBC) is FINALLY getting a remaster!

I'm super excited about this to be honest, as I personally consider the GBC version of the game (Dragon Warrior III) to be the single greatest handheld game ever made. I probably have over 500 hours put into my old Gameboy Advance SP, until the battery in the cartridge itself actually died so it couldn't save anymore XD

The best part? It's a OCTOPATH 2D remake! I cannot wait :O

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm really excited for it. It's one of my personal favourite games in the series.

hoo boy that looks neat!

The GBC trilogy was one of my first rpgs other than Pokemon red i got super hard into and i've gone back and it really holds up. Its a little odd they also confirmed 1 and 2 but this is coming first rather than a full trilogy pack rerelease but i'll take these over those dogshit iOS versions. The dream of course is this sells enough to make them consider doing the same for FFVI which also went to the iOS "smoothing hell".

I just envy the people that didn't play 3 before its a classic that never got enough love in the west.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, I'm really excited for it. It's one of my personal favourite games in the series.
    I’ve actually only played this one because I’ve always read the others are nothing like 3 lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I’ve actually only played this one because I’ve always read the others are nothing like 3 lol
    In terms of character class building, I'd say 7 is the most like it, but it's not even close to the same in terms of the world itself. 7 is a bit more tedious and challenging, the original game was actually much worse than the 3DS remake was because you were forced to grind a lot. 8 and 11 are similar and more like the first games, sans the skill point system that they have which the first two games did not, your characters are still bound to fixed classes. I don't remember 4, 5 or 6 though. 9 was a great game and definitely worth playing though. I think they are all great games, some are better than others though.

15+ Year Old Account
    In terms of character class building, I'd say 7 is the most like it, but it's not even close to the same in terms of the world itself. 7 is a bit more tedious and challenging, the original game was actually much worse than the 3DS remake was because you were forced to grind a lot. 8 and 11 are similar and more like the first games, sans the skill point system that they have which the first two games did not, your characters are still bound to fixed classes. I don't remember 4, 5 or 6 though. 9 was a great game and definitely worth playing though. I think they are all great games, some are better than others though.
    If someone absolutely loves the world, combat system, gearing system, and hero system of DW3, which one would you recommend to check out in terms of being the "most like" it? 7 the best choice?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If someone absolutely loves the world, combat system, gearing system, and hero system of DW3, which one would you recommend to check out in terms of being the "most like" it? 7 the best choice?
    I'd say 9 because it doesn't diverge from the world formula style while still having the class system. The world in 7 isn't really linear, as you have to collect puzzle pieces to access other parts of the world until it gets restored.

Noooooo! I just bought the other remake of DQIII like a week ago! Oh well, at least it was only $8 and it might be a while for this one to release. Definitely want to play this.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they are going to rename the one place in the desert called Isis.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Noooooo! I just bought the other remake of DQIII like a week ago! Oh well, at least it was only $8 and it might be a while for this one to release. Definitely want to play this.
    Which other remake, the GBC version?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if they are going to rename the one place in the desert called Isis.
    Hah, that's actually a good point. I personally don't care but I can see how the current climate could effect and spark such a change in fear of being "cancelled", whatever the fuck that means.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say 9 because it doesn't diverge from the world formula style while still having the class system. The world in 7 isn't really linear, as you have to collect puzzle pieces to access other parts of the world until it gets restored.
    I think I'll check it out. Thanks!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was a mobile port of it, it's not a remake, it's a port of the Gameboy version I do believe.

So if Square Enix is using this engine for older games now...FF4-6, Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, FFTactics, and the Quintet Saga on this please?

Which other remake, the GBC version?
    The Nintendo Switch one, which was a port of the mobile version I believe. It is an improvement over the original version but not nearly as nice as the 2D-HD version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    The Nintendo Switch one, which was a port of the mobile version I believe. It is an improvement over the original version but not nearly as nice as the 2D-HD version.
    Idk why I am JUST realizing this..but the dragon warrior games almost all of them are on IOS?? I'm looking at the app store now and I can DL a updated version of DWIII and almost all the others on IOS?? This is crazy! I did not know this!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So if Square Enix is using this engine for older games now...FF4-6, Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, FFTactics, and the Quintet Saga on this please?
    The War of the Lions version of FFT looks as good as this game, doubt they'd port it over since the character models look entirely different. Of course, the FPS issues in that game are a noted problem.