Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Love seeing these lmao why are you still here then
    You should probably care, I'm not sure anyone likes seeing their mmo turn into a ghost town.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

5+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is bored of this rapidly climbing expansion Taliesin is live on twitch streaming FFXIV. Best plot twist ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They tried that. Turns out the rewards they enjoy are the exact same rewards you enjoy. NEWS FLASH. People want to progress their characters.

Here's a better idea. Why don't we take the character prog out of mythic raiding so you can live in a bubble and never have to worry about anything outside waiting for your raid again. Let's see how satisfied mythic raiders would be if mythic raiding awarded nothing.
    its the opposite. They over cater to the casuals by homogenizing every raid to have 4 difficulties, and trivializes gear by offering 4 different versions of it per raid. That's legit catering towards the LOW end of the playerbase, not the HIGH end of it.

Mythic SHOULD actually reward mythic raiders... offer exclusive gear that only drops in mythic, offer BiS legendary weapons that only drop off the last boss of mythic. Make a legendary that actually feels as legendary as the ones of old, and make it only mythic raids only.

The problem is that NONE of the raids offer anything rewarding or worthwhile, and news flash... a mount or cosmetic is not a reward when there's thousands of them in the game. it's almost an insult, especially when the best mounts are on the store or 6mo sub and not the raids.

it's built like d3 more than a proper version of WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    If anyone is bored of this rapidly climbing expansion Taliesin is live on twitch streaming FFXIV. Best plot twist ever.
    whoa. that's truly a new low for retail wow if their biggest shills are spending their time doing ff14. i've noticed more and more wow streamers breaking away from wow for other games

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    whoa. that's truly a new low for retail wow if their biggest shills are spending their time doing ff14. i've noticed more and more wow streamers breaking away from wow for other games
    Maybe it's a false flag operation, lol.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    T&E streaming FF14? Those were among the biggest WoW shills until not long ago... although their last WoW videos (the ones I watched, anyway) sounded almost objective tbh, go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    T&E streaming FF14? Those were among the biggest WoW shills until not long ago...
    I wonder if Blizzard had a shill budget that was subject to cutbacks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

5+ Year Old Account
    LOR]

T&E streaming FF14? Those were among the biggest WoW shills until not long ago... although their last WoW videos (the ones I watched, anyway) sounded almost objective tbh, go figure.
    Yeah surprised me as well. Pretty much Asmon and Preach are the only ones not playing. But they are still reacting to stuff.

Tali said on stream that he has been playing FFXIV on saturdays for a long time now, just didn't stream it yet. He started at a pretty boring part with a relatively uninteresting class, but at least it gave him time to talk. His commentary was pretty good. While I didn't necessarily agree with his point of view, he tried to be objective weighing pros and cons. He says the combat is more clunky and the art style not to his liking but said that FFXIV is a much better RPG than WoW. He also said that WoW players are more toxic, but FFXIV players are more defensive. So yeah he has good insight. Couldn't watch it for long cause I went jogging, but here is another nail in the coffin of "I'm not going to try that failed weeb game".

Yeah surprised me as well. Pretty much Asmon and Preach are the only ones not playing. But they are still reacting to stuff.

Tali said on stream that he has been playing FFXIV on saturdays for a long time now, just didn't stream it yet. He started at a pretty boring part with a relatively uninteresting class, but at least it gave him time to talk. His commentary was pretty good. While I didn't necessarily agree with his point of view, he tried to be objective weighing pros and cons. He says the combat is more clunky and the art style not to his liking but said that FFXIV is a much better RPG than WoW. He also said that WoW players are more toxic, but FFXIV players are more defensive. So yeah he has good insight. Couldn't watch it for long cause I went jogging, but here is another nail in the coffin of "I'm not going to try that failed weeb game".
    That’s a very fair analysis and how I feel about it too. There’s a lot I love about ff14 but the clunkier combat and especially the graphics are why I don’t make it my main mmo

It’s certainly in a better place than retail WoW and I’d recommend it to FF fans, but that art style is incredibly divisive and if you even call it out, the ff14 fans become just as toxic as the worst of the WoW crowd. Overly defensive because someone says the art style is gross to look at

That’s a very fair analysis and how I feel about it too. There’s a lot I love about ff14 but the clunkier combat and especially the graphics are why I don’t make it my main mmo

It’s certainly in a better place than retail WoW and I’d recommend it to FF fans, but that art style is incredibly divisive and if you even call it out, the ff14 fans become just as toxic as the worst of the WoW crowd. Overly defensive because someone says the art style is gross to look at
    There's just no more safe space for us non-weebs.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    There's just no more safe space for us non-weebs.
    Well, I've spent some time on ESO already, and I can safely say that it's well worth a try unless you are a hardcore raider.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having so much fun in bc that it's clear that, no, I'm not tired of wow. It's just retail is utter garbage

5+ Year Old Account

I think it depends on luck. I think for example a lot of FFXIV fans agree that ARR is not the best when it comes to story pacing and combat. I consider myself a die hard fan, but I can understand the criticism of Bellular and Talie even if I don't agree with them.

I wonder if he will like the combat more when he gets more oGCD abilities. I just wish he didn't go bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Has there ever been good world content? That isn't a taunt but a genuine question. Timeless isle was considered to hard for the playerbase it was aimed at.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now those players have 213 gear and it isn't enough... people who play for power rewards and not for gameplay reasons can't be bought because once you buy them they quit.
    I think Firelands was pretty decent world content. You felt like you were contributing and this was when Blizzard had just introduced phasing. Right now everything just feels like a grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    its the opposite. They over cater to the casuals by homogenizing every raid to have 4 difficulties, and trivializes gear by offering 4 different versions of it per raid. That's legit catering towards the LOW end of the playerbase, not the HIGH end of it.

Mythic SHOULD actually reward mythic raiders... offer exclusive gear that only drops in mythic, offer BiS legendary weapons that only drop off the last boss of mythic. Make a legendary that actually feels as legendary as the ones of old, and make it only mythic raids only.

The problem is that NONE of the raids offer anything rewarding or worthwhile, and news flash... a mount or cosmetic is not a reward when there's thousands of them in the game. it's almost an insult, especially when the best mounts are on the store or 6mo sub and not the raids.

it's built like d3 more than a proper version of WoW

- - - Updated - - -

The existence of raids themselves is proof that they cater to the interests of hardcore player base and will literally do whatever it takes to maintain that even at the detriment of everybody else. Like I agree lfr shouldn't be a thing because I think it gives them a cheap way to provide a bastardized experience of raid content in order to feed that content to people. Id rather see them not make that content. LFR is not for casuals. Its for mythic raiders
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The existence of raids themselves is proof that they cater to the interests of hardcore player base and will literally do whatever it takes to maintain that even at the detriment of everybody else. Like I agree lfr shouldn't be a thing because I think it gives them a cheap way to provide a bastardized experience of raid content in order to feed that content to people. Id rather see them not make that content. LFR is not for casuals. Its for mythic raiders
    I didn't say they weren't failing other areas too, my dude. The world experience is dreadful. When is the last time the world felt like a world? You feel it in classic/tbc but in retail it's non existent.

Where are the hidden zones? The complex world hunts for legendary, exclusive mounts? Where are RNG world drop legendary's that give a really unique and fun experience for the player? etc etc.

They dropping the ball in pretty much every area of the game right now and it sucks to witness

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say they weren't failing other areas too, my dude. The world experience is dreadful. When is the last time the world felt like a world? You feel it in classic/tbc but in retail it's non existent.

Where are the hidden zones? The complex world hunts for legendary, exclusive mounts? Where are RNG world drop legendary's that give a really unique and fun experience for the player? etc etc.

They dropping the ball in pretty much every area of the game right now and it sucks to witness
    Have you just comply ignored the whole secret thing since legion? The game literally has more of the things you listed now then it did in tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Have you just comply ignored the whole secret thing since legion? The game literally has more of the things you listed now then it did in tbc.
    you left out the second part about legendary, exclusive mounts or fun, unique experiences.

going down a location click check list for a mount that 10000 other players also got that week isn't enticing, or exclusive. It's the opposite, it's a theme park experience where you stamp your ticket and proceed to follow everyone on the same ride.

And even if the best they can do is locational click chains... damn, those mounts are really unexciting. the brain looking one was cool, but even that was a reskin... they're all basically reskins. The store and the 6 month sub, for example, both offer far superior and more special mounts.

Where is the focus on world content? on rare content? on exclusive "damn i've never seen that before" content that other games offer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well a new patch is coming that resolve around popular characters, so its not really a surprise, the question is "will this rating last?"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    you left out the second part about legendary, exclusive mounts or fun, unique experiences.

going down a location click check list for a mount that 10000 other players also got that week isn't enticing, or exclusive. It's the opposite, it's a theme park experience where you stamp your ticket and proceed to follow everyone on the same ride.

And even if the best they can do is locational click chains... damn, those mounts are really unexciting. the brain looking one was cool, but even that was a reskin... they're all basically reskins. The store and the 6 month sub, for example, both offer far superior and more special mounts.

Where is the focus on world content? on rare content? on exclusive "damn i've never seen that before" content that other games offer?
    You know by that metric no wow expan has ever had exclusive or unique mounts or experiences right?

If telling others how to do something instantly means they can go stamp there ticket and get it then wow has never had any hidden content or mounts or any thing else. Your pretty much making up a senecio where to exclude recent expans you have to exclude all of wow as a whole because recent expans are out doing the old ones.

As far as exclusive mounts or unique experiences there’s just no real question that recent expans out pace the likes of TBC by any real measure.

The hive mind also isn’t a reskin but even if it was every unique mounts was a reskin in classic-tbc.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-05 at 06:03 PM.

Well, I've spent some time on ESO already, and I can safely say that it's well worth a try unless you are a hardcore raider.
    I tried ESO but sadly the combat is absolute shite. Feels like a very foul compromise between traditional tab target and Elder Scrolls combat essentially using the worst aspects of both without any of the fun bits. It's emblematic of the general design of the game. Everything feels half-assed with not an inch of originality or vision in it. It's like this game was designed by bugmen in labcoats.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?