Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwelch900 View Post
    I honestly am have plenty of fun, 100% nostalgia related, playing tbc. But I feel like they should still make some balance and QOL changed that keep the idea of classic intact. Cause they just can do better and it can be more fun.

why isn’t there a collection tab for toys and mounts?? I can’t imagine that “hurts” anyone’s experience.

Why not balance Pally’s so they are giga broken?

Why not buff wrath so that boomkins can use it cause you shouldn’t now, I don’t see why they can’t add a proc so that you have a reason to cast the other.

Feral Druid has no aoe this whole expansion, why?

Hurricane is on a 1 min cd does 50% less dmg then hellfire?

Maybe balance some bosses with more HP, but also reduce mana costs for dps, so that maybe for raid bosses you still have to “budget” your mana but questing you don’t drink every three mobs. it isn’t fun or fantasy driven to drink 1000 liters of water every dungeon.

They have access to some good solutions/tech and I feel like they should do some stuff different. NOT turn classic into retail. But there are things that retail does better and instead of just spitting out the exact same stuff, use what you learned in the last 15 years to do something better.
    Problem is, everyones got these "little" changes that don't "hurt" the experience and alone they don't but every change from TBC to Retail started as a little change. Which things retail does and doesn't do better is subjective, for instance many can see zero negative to LFG while others will claim it ruined the game. Just like how there are many that still love retail and think as a whole it's far superior game and others that think it's a shell of it's former self.

Almost no change will please everyone so the logical action is to make no changes.

Retail is j

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly am have plenty of fun, 100% nostalgia related, playing tbc. But I feel like they should still make some balance and QOL changed that keep the idea of classic intact. Cause they just can do better and it can be more fun.

why isn’t there a collection tab for toys and mounts?? I can’t imagine that “hurts” anyone’s experience.

Why not balance Pally’s so they are giga broken?

Why not buff wrath so that boomkins can use it cause you shouldn’t now, I don’t see why they can’t add a proc so that you have a reason to cast the other.

Feral Druid has no aoe this whole expansion, why?

Hurricane is on a 1 min cd does 50% less dmg then hellfire?

Maybe balance some bosses with more HP, but also reduce mana costs for dps, so that maybe for raid bosses you still have to “budget” your mana but questing you don’t drink every three mobs. it isn’t fun or fantasy driven to drink 1000 liters of water every dungeon.

They have access to some good solutions/tech and I feel like they should do some stuff different. NOT turn classic into retail. But there are things that retail does better and instead of just spitting out the exact same stuff, use what you learned in the last 15 years to do something better.
    As one who has experienced the original content, and sees Classic as a museum, yes. I was a, still dreadfully am, a no changes guy. People wanted to experience the past, even how artificial it is in the Classic project, they should still be permitted to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    What? LFG browser WAS in TBC and its upgraded (retail version) was meant to be in TBCc, but for some reason... it is still not. You are NOT losing ANY agency by being able to browse LFG/LFM listings easier.
    I personally agree with this 100%.. having a newspaper like listing, that isn’t across 5 realms that are linked, still keeps the community intact and keeps the chat from have 1 person spam “DPS LFG Ramparts” literally 100 times in 2 minutes. I get blind invites to groups. People don’t chat with me for 5 minutes to see if I fit in the group, they invite with 0 whispers.

I was honestly under the impression that the draw of classic was mostly about community. being a little slower paced is fine. I am just surprised that so many people feel like there isn’t room for improvement that keeps the cornerstone of “community” intact.

People pay a subscription fee to play this game, which is for maintenance and balance and events.
    for 14$ A month the devs seem like they just wanna copy paste the game. And that’s a disservice to the game and the community.

Maybe this time around they should have MORE testing and listen to MORE polls and comments about their systems designs. Instead of what’s happens in wow now which is, ignoring the player base mostly and telling them what they want every expansion.

I Know these are long responses, I just think they can still take steps forward but maybe along a different path.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
    Giving everybody AOE is definitely not in the spirit of classic
    I feel like the spirit of classic is one word “community”.

The balance of the classes in the game is pretty poor, it doesn’t have to be give everyone everything, but currently it’s give a few people everything and I don’t think that’s better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The only thing I really want in Classic BC is dual spec
    Yup I absolutely agree. It is currently very expensive and super inconvenient to change specs. I don’t know if I think it should get to the current iteration where you can change on the fly anywhere. But having a legit off spec is pretty cool for people that might quest in one ( for me boomkin) and want to heal/tank/dps for dungeons. Spending 50 gold to make that happen every day you play is a little silly.

Kind of hoping there is some megathread for a #somechanges request. Everyone has one or a few and they all don't warrant their own thread that leads to the same answers.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changing class mechanics is not 'QoL', it's game changing and absolutely not necessary.

Changing gameplay though, that I can get on board with. Indeed pet/toy/mount tab would be a nice change. That does nothing but free up a few bag slots. I doubt anyone is going to quit classic over that. As long as there isn't a bunch of automation, like there is in retail (LFR, LFD, etc) I think we're ok with a few changes.

I also think the grind from 1-58 should've been lowered even more than the 30% reduction they already did. It's still a struggle to find enough quests, without going on 10 hour mob-grind-fests.

The biggest aspect, and the thing people care the most about when going back in time is:

Character feels the same as it did
    Content feels the same as it did
    Most processes feel the same as they did

Everything else in my opinion, can be tweaked a little.

EDIT:

AND PLEASE NO ARENA!!! ARENA KILLED WOW!!

I just feel like for $14 a month they should be trying to improve some aspects of the game, cause there can’t possibly be people that think this games is 100% PERFECT.

I just feel like for $14 a month they should be trying to improve some aspects of the game, cause there can’t possibly be people that think this games is 100% PERFECT.
    Nothing is, no matter the cost.

That said, I’m pretty frustrated at the random bugs and exploits. In a single week, retail’s first Great Push was won by exploiters, and TBCC first T4 kills were by people who exploited leveling bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    like who really cares about the integrity of cataclysm? they could do like a remake of that xpac and nobody would be against it
    No one cares about it, which is why they won't release it. The only thing I liked about Cata was that Dwarves could be Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    No. The moment they start messing with that it opens up the rabbit hole.

Why is this considered QoL but not that?
    Since we've done that, we might as well do this.
    Etc. Etc.

Not to forget the REEE from the purists we would need to listen to on all forums of the internet.

I'd say leave it as it is. Especially don't change anything about the classes or specs
    lets be honest,the so called ''purists'' are either not playing classic or they are and never really cared about it

2 things i would rly like to see in classic tbc are dual spec and the lfg listing tool section so i dont have to suicide my eyes everytime i try to GAZE upon the lfg chat

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
    Giving everybody AOE is definitely not in the spirit of classic
    Who made you the judge of this?

Class identity is one of the things Blizzard abandoned. Every class and spec having everything is one of the hallmarks of retail wow.

Vanilla and TBC are great just the way they are. If you want "QUALITY OF LIFE", play retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ment to be a museum. You dont go to the mona lisa and ask if they could add a filter to make it look better.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Its ment to be a museum. You dont go to the mona lisa and ask if they could add a filter to make it look better.
    Blizzard added a mechanical bull ride (p2w) right in front of the Mona Lisa though.
    Last edited by Farora; 2021-06-06 at 11:22 AM.

TBC Classic is a free bonus you get for paying for the main game. It doesn't have to be perfect and it's not the point. It's for you to experience the old version of the game. The better, more updated and balanced version of the game is available and is called Shadowlands
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has started walking this weird line now with Classic that originally started out with "preserve as much of the old experience of the game as possible, even the inconvenient stuff" to "Jeez, we can fix a lot of stuff if we don't do that preservation thing any longer."

They should make up their mind one way or the other. There's merit to both points of view. There's less merit to treating Classic one way and TBC another. They're largely turning their MMO world into a series of standalone games/expansions. That's been going on in the 'retail' version of the game for years now. It disconnects you from the world in a lot ways—not that Blizzard cares about the historical 'world' any longer (they don't)—and makes it much easier to just start changing lore, the world or anything else in way they like. t's not what an MMORPG should be.

Blizzard, never known for design and experience consistency, is now actively abandoning it. I'm not a fan. Not my call though.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-06-06 at 08:50 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Blizzard added a mechanical bull ride right (p2w) right in front of the Mona Lisa though.
    Just like they added tcg back then, so eh?

Personally i dont really care what they do tbh considering the entire idea of classic is just to milk easy money of nostalgia anyway.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-06-06 at 08:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Blizzard added a mechanical bull ride right (p2w) right in front of the Mona Lisa though.
    Nah, that is a little further down the aisle, it is called TCG.

Though, to be honest, things should stay relatively unchanged, else it is not Classic but Remake.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    2 things i would rly like to see in classic tbc are dual spec and the lfg listing tool section so i dont have to suicide my eyes everytime i try to GAZE upon the lfg chat
    I personally agree with this 100%.. having a newspaper like listing, that isn’t across 5 realms that are linked, still keeps the community intact and keeps the chat from have 1 person spam “DPS LFG Ramparts” literally 100 times in 2 minutes. I get blind invites to groups. People don’t chat with me for 5 minutes to see if I fit in the group, they invite with 0 whispers.
    Honestly, LFG tool would allow for more chat activity in reality imo, considering that servers are MUCH bigger than they originally were and that "community" is moving almost simultaneously through content that makes relentless chat spam unbearable, especially for "social" activities you'd want to have.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The only thing I really want in Classic BC is dual spec
    I would like to see the old spirit=hit for shadow/ele/balance

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see the TBC community decide.

Blizzard gave people the option of keeping their players on classic, or moving onward into the dark portal. If you want to claim be a "classic purist" isn't moving to a paid expansion already sort of "breaking this code"?

What's wrong with adding quality of life things like dungeon finder, dual spec that eventually come down the road years later? Are we really just going to play the exact same thing over again only to end up in the same place as retail? or instead could we maybe work together as a community to improve/balance make the game even better than it was the first time around?