10+ Year Old Account
    https://itch.io/b/902/indie-bundle-for-palestinian-aid like most of these bundles where you get a thousand games, most are not anything exciting, but it's also cheap and a charity, so maybe there is something of interest to folks.

At a quick glance since it's a lot to look through, here are some of the games I recognise: Calico, Minit, The Stillness of the Wind, A Good Snowman is Hard To Build [tzi's note: this one is a great puzzle game!], Orwell, Art Sqool, VVVVV, A Mortician's Tale, Catlandia, Cook Serve Delicious 2
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-06-05 at 07:16 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    They also have a Queer Game Bundle, which if nothing else, has Highway Blossoms which is a great visual novel https://itch.io/b/861/queer-games-bundle-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They also have a Queer Game Bundle, which if nothing else, has Highway Blossoms which is a great visual novel https://itch.io/b/861/queer-games-bundle-2021
    I got Highway Blossoms in itch.io's massive bundle last year and I rather enjoyed it! (For others curious, it has no choices whatsoever, so it's literally just reading a novel, but I found the story/characters cute.) Then in September when its expansion Next Exit came out, I bought that but still haven't played it yet, but also picked up Heart of the Woods (also by Studio Élan) which I personally loved more than Highway Blossoms.. my Steam profile background is from Heart of the Woods and my current desktop wallpaper drawing is largely inspired by it..

I've never posted in this thread before but have been reading it frequently the past year or two, so thank you to everyone contributing. Also I haven't seen it mentioned here yet: Tell Me Why is 100% off on Steam this month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Also I haven't seen it mentioned here yet: Tell Me Why is 100% off on Steam this month.
    Oh nice, thanks.

Summoning @icedwarrior also because it's on his wishlist.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Summoning @icedwarrior also because it's on his wishlist.
    Thanks for the ping. I saw like, a month ago (?) that the first of three chapters were free, so I assumed this was the same promotion... but it appears that the full game is free, so thanks for that. I'm of the opinion that DONTNOD's first Life is Strange was very good... but since then, the games have dropped in quality after each additional entry (well, Before the Storm was by another dev, but)... I think I'll play this game and judge if I'm still interested in their work, since I was pretty upset with Life is Strange 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Thanks for the ping. I saw like, a month ago (?) that the first of three chapters were free, so I assumed this was the same promotion... but it appears that the full game is free, so thanks for that. I'm of the opinion that DONTNOD's first Life is Strange was very good... but since then, the games have dropped in quality after each additional entry (well, Before the Storm was by another dev, but)... I think I'll play this game and judge if I'm still interested in their work, since I was pretty upset with Life is Strange 2.
    Yeah, I haven't played those. I didn't play Before the Storm because I didn't particularly like Chloe (I think that was her name) and didn't want a whole game with her, and I didn't know there was a LiS2.. Also, honestly, I hated the ending of Life is Strange (not that you had to make a hard choice but that one basically cancelled out everything you had done), although I did really like the rest of the game.

Tell Me Why looked good though, so glad to pick it up, and this is a genre I really like.

Edit: apparently I have LiS2 in my library but have not played it.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-06-06 at 07:29 AM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Control is now free on Epic Games this week.

See: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...itro-offer-faq - to get 3 months of free discord nitro. First time nitro users only.

- - - Updated - - -

surviving mars deluxe edition for free at hb:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/s...tion-free-game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Control is now free on Epic Games this week.
    Oh dang. I'm sure most people have it by now but this is pretty sweet since it's only a couple years old.

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Hellpoint for free on GoG:

https://www.gog.com/game/hellpoint
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I have 5 invites for the Riders Republic (a.k.a. Steep 2) closed alpha that lasts until 6/21/21. Send me a PM if you're interested.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2021-06-15 at 04:24 PM.

FYI, the summersale cards are live, you can craft badges again - and get the bonus card drops

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/epic-games-store

wow,. epic keys,. much wow.. ehm,. why hb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    FYI, the summersale cards are live, you can craft badges again - and get the bonus card drops

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/epic-games-store

wow,. epic keys,. much wow.. ehm,. why hb?
    Was only a matter of time before it got on there, not a big fan of spreading my game collection around so i hope it is not a writing on the wall of something to be used in their choice bundles soon but i dare to say that will happen slowly in 2022.

Might be an upside to it, might get better games in the monthly bundle but still not a proponent of splitting my collection on another platform that is still under full development and i am not even certain off will be here to stay fast forwarding 10 years into the future.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

They're still paying for timed exclusivity deals so I still refuse to use EGS in any shape or form. Frankly I'd sooner buy a game on the damn Microsoft store than support EGS.

As far as keys from HB are concerned, especially the monthly bundles, I'm fine with the choice, but if any game options are exclusively EGS I'll either skip the month entirely, or if there are non-EGS exclusive titles that are particularly enticing in the same bundle, I'll gift the EGS key or let it remain unclaimed.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-06-23 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Was only a matter of time before it got on there, not a big fan of spreading my game collection around so i hope it is not a writing on the wall of something to be used in their choice bundles soon but i dare to say that will happen slowly in 2022.
    Just do what I do. Refuse to buy it lol. If there's a particular game you want someone would always be willing to trade for it. It'd have to take a fantastic bundle for me to even consider it. Haven't bought a choice bundle since they did Spyro/Crash back in 2019 I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Might be an upside to it, might get better games in the monthly bundle but still not a proponent of splitting my collection on another platform that is still under full development and i am not even certain off will be here to stay fast forwarding 10 years into the future.
    Epic's platform just feels overly clunky to me. I redeem the free games on it and that's about it. I also hate the whole "time exclusivity" thing they insist on doing. Just release it on all platforms and be done. I could be wrong, but I don't think Steam has ever done anything like that? Usually it's released on multiple stores at once along with some developers using GoG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just do what I do. Refuse to buy it lol. If there's a particular game you want someone would always be willing to trade for it. It'd have to take a fantastic bundle for me to even consider it. Haven't bought a choice bundle since they did Spyro/Crash back in 2019 I think?

Epic's platform just feels overly clunky to me. I redeem the free games on it and that's about it. I also hate the whole "time exclusivity" thing they insist on doing. Just release it on all platforms and be done. I could be wrong, but I don't think Steam has ever done anything like that? Usually it's released on multiple stores at once along with some developers using GoG.
    Oh i get most bundles but that is mostly because i seem to have turned into more a collector than actual gamer these days due to lack of time and other interest, guess i will make a nephew and niece rather happy once they are off age when i share my account.

Have not really used it much but being used to what Steam offers it is always going to be a downgrade, i also do not agree with the tactic of forcing exclusivity while also claiming to be for more open market. I get the point behind this action and developing a good platform alone will not work but it does feel that more effort and money goes into forcing people through exclusives rather than it being developed to be a user friendly platform, there are also the incidents of how they claim to be proponents of developers but they do not allow small time developers to release on multiple platforms, it is either EGS and an exclusive or no EGS at all.

The only games that were Steam exclusive were part of the orange box and Half life related, That was also way back when they only just started out.

It is that hypocrisy that does not sit well with me, especially since it tries to establish itself as some sort of savior of game developers from Steam with their gasp -Evil- rate they charge and having the backlog that i do i can easily wait even 2 years if i have to till something i really want comes out elsewhere, the only games i really have on EGS are a few i bothered to pick up for free and i do not do that frequently and those i got for free with extra hardware such as Chivalry 2 and Hitman 3.

Edit: This is a pretty good deal 20.39 euros for the entire Farcry 5 pack, as choice member.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f...edition-bundle
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2021-06-24 at 10:04 AM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Not trying to be pedantic but there's a couple of games on Steam that are Steam-exclusive. Valve's games, but also a few others - particularly older games. Perhaps a bit ironic to the discussion but games like Call of Duty used to be Steam-exclusive until Activision launched their own store front, ditto for many other games.

That said, I'm not really trying to defend Epic here. I think they have acted worse than other storefronts and I think their CEO is a bit of a hypocritical asshat.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance